• Herd
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Jenas (for Heskey 69)
    • Bannan (for Delph 79)

**** off McCleish, the Villa is ours.

Boring, anti-football bollocks.

Laughable. We pretty much controlled the last 20 minutes or so. Swansea offered very little in attack today. We pressed very well and played some nice one touch passing. Of course don't let get in the way of fact.

WOW, were you watching a different game?

We played Swansea, you know Swansea, not Man Yoo or Tottingham, Swansea.

Posession, 60% Swansea!!

On a positive note we had a few shots for a change and the fact we were able to bully Swansea out of it for long periods bodes well for when we are really scrapping for it come the end of the season. I was expecting more from Swansea and a draw in the end was a fair result for two teams that both put on a pretty poor display.

It's not that long ago I would have been livid watching a display like that from a villa team but to be perfectly honest it was comfortably an above average performance for this season.

That said for whatever reason Swansea were there for the taking today and had we really gone for it we probably could have got all three points. That was never going to happen though the way things are at the moment so there isn't any point dwelling on it.

Laughable. We pretty much controlled the last 20 minutes or so. Swansea offered very little in attack today. We pressed very well and played some nice one touch passing. Of course don't let get in the way of fact.

Posession, 60% Swansea!!

Stats are misleading. Like how Swansea only managed 2 shots on target and it took them 70 minutes to achieve it. We created the better chances and should of had a penalty in the first half.

We are far from relegation material.

Boring football from a boring manager.

Given 8 - Dependable

Hutton 6 - Donkey

Warnock 6 - Donkey

Collins 5 - Donkey

Dunne 5 - Donkey

Gabby 8 - Pacey, good control, vision and crossing.

Herd 6 - Worked hard

N'zog 6 - Did nothing to help the attack

Delph 6 - Did nothing of any note

Heskey 6 - Did nothing much

Bent - 6 - Wasn't there to finish from some fine crosses from Gabby, it's what he's paid to do.

First time I've seen us play for ages, not impressed. I could put a team of strangers on the pitch and get them playing a more fluid attacking game than AM can. What do they do all week?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Yawn. It was pretty comfortable draw, but that's exactly the problem. Once the 2nd half got going and we were on top we had to press the advantage & get the win, it was there for the taking. But there was never really any urgency. The changes, as ever, came too late. I'd wager Bannan made twice as many positive passes in his brief cameo than Herd, Delph and Heskey combined.

McLeish will no doubt be very pleased because we got a point and a clean sheet, and who could dream of anything more.

Given 7 - one important save, otherwise had little to do

Hutton 4 - stupid two-footed tackle, with the reputation he got from the other week lucky not to see red. Can't cross.

Dunne 7 - solid

Collins 6 - mostly solid, but got turned by Lita which could've been the goal

Warnock 6 - fine in defence, limited going forward

Herd 5 - got about, not good with the ball but gave some aerial threat

Delph 5 - looked rusty & struggled to get into game

N'Zogbia 6 - positive at times but lacking final ball

Gabby 7 - the most likely to make the breakthrough

Heskey 5 - limited

Bent 5 - invisible, didn't seem to be making the right runs in the box either (e.g. not getting to near post when crosses came in)

Jenas - didn't do much

Bannan - has to start, showed glimpses in his cameo

Posession, 60% Swansea!!

Stats are misleading. Like how Swansea only managed 2 shots on target and it took them 70 minutes to achieve it. We created the better chances and should of had a penalty in the first half.

Well Alex's brother, at least he has you convinced.

For the rest of us, we shall see in a months time. I cannot see how that level of performance is acceptable from supposed international players. How that formation is in any way justified or how that melee constituted any form of game plan.

How Warnock, Hutton, Collins, and Heskey are given any sort of gametime is beyond me.

Considering how little (other than possession) Swansea offered over 80 minutes we should have taken 3 points from this. Then in the last 10 they had the two best chances of the game, despite probably our best line up being on and our best football happening then. Lucky to get a point in the end. Very worried about where we're going to be in January.

At this stage I'd take two Gabbies over our Gabby & Bent combo. I suppose I can't blame him for being demoralised, but Bent just isn't showing up. Yeah, we all knew he either scores or stays invisible, we all knew he's a tap-in merchant... but there's tap-ins and then there's tap-ins. Gabby is getting the crosses in. Even Warnock and Zog got a few in today. Bent just isn't on the other end. Last season he scored a couple out of nothing but the thought of that is inconceivable these days.

Of course there were worse performers than Bent. Delph hasn't got what it takes and Heskey is a waste of a player. Eck's first 11 is always a headscratcher, or more accurately a facepalmer, and will always be as long as Hutton and Heskey are starting.

Absolutely dire, we're fast running out of easy games.

Where are we going to pick up points this season?

There isn't a game that I feel confident we'll win because we're just that poor.

Well done McLeish, you've managed to squeeze the enjoyment out of football.

Given: 7 Kept us in the match

Hutton: 5 Improved in the second half but still a utter liability, could have had a straight red!

Collins: 5 Defended ok 90% of the time but that 10% usually means a goal for the other team, thank God Lita is shite!

Dunne: 6 Too many rash/needless challenges but otherwise ok!

Warnock: 6 Was often out best hope going fwd and was ok but by no means great defending

Delph: 4 I lost count how many times he gave possession away or miscontrolled the ball, was better in the first half but still incapable of a fwd pass

Herd: 5 Better than Delph but again just passes backwards or sideways.

Heskey: 4 - I just don't understand what he offers the team, he doesn't track back, he wins a few headers is clueless going forward WTF!

Nzogbia: 5 - Seems to have got worse from the last few starts he made, loses possession too easily and has no final ball

Gabby: 8 - Our only credible threat - was great again today

Bent: 5 - Starved of service but when he did get some he didn't come even close

subs: Jenas 6 - Looks tidier and reads the game well - looks so much better than Herd or Delph

Bannan 7 - every pass opened up Swansea and was a fwd ball, has to start simple as that.

Eck: 4 - Swansea away should not be a game we are scared of losing and yet thats how he sets up the team.

I woke up at 5:25AM to watch. Really wish I had stayed asleep. Wake me up when:

A) McLeast is fired

B) Randy opens his wallet (although giving Eck the credit card to go shopping might be an even bigger disaster)

I know how you feel!!

Someone please wake me up as well when either of these two happen, oh and add 3) when we next win, should give me a few months sleep

Posession, 60% Swansea!!

Well Alex's brother, at least he has you convinced.

For the rest of us, we shall see in a months time. I cannot see how that level of performance is acceptable from supposed international players. How that formation is in any way justified or how that melee constituted any form of game plan.

How Warnock, Hutton, Collins, and Heskey are given any sort of gametime is beyond me.

Swansea have one of the best defensive records in the league next to Chelsea so they were going to prove a test today. I felt we can take positives from it.

I love how a differing opinion makes me McLeish's brother :lol: I'll criticise the manager when I feel it's warranted. However, today we turned it around in the second half, positive changes and we can count ourselves a little unlucky. I just hope we stop getting stupid bookings from tackles from behind.

boring. it took until bannan came on after 80 minutes for someone to put their foot on the ball and pick some accurate, to feet, and forward passes. why heskey starts above him i dont know

prior to that all we had was get near their box, pass it backward, then wide and then smash in a rubbish cross. we were better 2nd half and had more of the play, but how many decent chances did we actually create, how many saves did their keeper have to make?

gabby was good for us, noone else was really any good. defence didnt concede but they all kept making stupid, pointless challenges. they are not good players and they have no football brain.

Â