Jimmy Savile And Other Paedophiles

GarethRDR

What about the mothers of the children that were 'offered' to him? Are they charged with anything?

No news on their sentence as yet.

I take that back. 14yrs and 17yrs

Edited by av1

Jesus, this guy appears to be insane if this last bit of an article from Sky News is true:

Earlier today, the court heard Watkins spoke with a female fan from prison the day after admitting two counts of attempted baby rape and said he intended to issue a statement when he was sentenced saying it had all been "mega lolz".

In the conversation, Watkins denied being a paedophile and expressed exasperation at the way people had reacted to his guilty pleas.

Using text-speak, he said: "I'm going to put out a statement on the 18th just to say it was mega lolz.

"I do not know what everybody is getting so freaked out about."

Wow, I thought it would be about 10 years

Great news

He'll be released in 15, just watch

To be honest even if he is released early (which I don't think he will be) his "star status" means he won't be able to just disapear into a protection program. Everyone knows who he is. Fwiw I think he'll die in prison.

Wow, I thought it would be about 10 years

Great news

He'll be released in 15, just watch

I heard (but have not read myself) that he's to serve a minimum of 23 years. I've no idea what will happen in that time but he's so high profile that I doubt he'll ever be released, for his own "safety" as much as anything.

I'd rather he got psychiatric help, instead of wishing death and agony on him, as he's clearly a very sick man.

Yes i can understand the hatred towards the man but its a sickness and if he does his time and gets help and is fit to be  released after 23 years then justice has been done. Else we just live in lawless vigilante country.

I'd rather he got psychiatric help, instead of wishing death and agony on him, as he's clearly a very sick man.

Yes i can understand the hatred towards the man but its a sickness and if he does his time and gets help and is fit to be released after 23 years then justice has been done. Else we just live in lawless vigilante country.

I agree to an extent. But we must also accept that some people are beyond rehabilitation and are not fit for society. Such is the extent of his crimes it wouldn't be wholly surprising if Ian Watkins is one if those people.

Yes i can understand the hatred towards the man but its a sickness and if he does his time and gets help and is fit to be released after 23 years then justice has been done. Else we just live in lawless vigilante country.

I agree to an extent. But we must also accept that some people are beyond rehabilitation and are not fit for society. Such is the extent of his crimes it wouldn't be wholly surprising if Ian Watkins is one if those people.

Yes you are probably right and 23 years is only with parole so he may have to serve the full 35 years by which time he will be an old man and no longer a threat to society.

Edited by PaulC

Unless you believe in some sort of afterlife hell, surely a very long very boring very unfulfilling sentence with a constant risk of being stabbed with a toothbrush handle or having scolding sugary water thrown over you would be worse than death?

Â