Jimmy Savile And Other Paedophiles

GarethRDR

I got to page 5 before I had to stop reading. That was one of the most uncomfortable experiences of my 30 years on earth.

Same. I don't think I've ever read anything as disturbing , possibly the Jamie bugler case RIP.

The death sentence is needed in instances such as this. How on earth do people get so depraved? I would assume he's an abused child himself with massive psychological issues.

I got to page 5 before I had to stop reading. That was one of the most uncomfortable experiences of my 30 years on earth.

Same. I don't think I've ever read anything as disturbing , possibly the Jamie bugler case RIP.

The death sentence is needed in instances such as this. How on earth do people get so depraved? I would assume he's an abused child himself with massive psychological issues.

Just about got to page 5 myself and I have to say, although there is clearly something wrong with both him and the women, it is something beyond what is curable or fixable in my opinion.

I actually agree with you EA, the death sentence is a touchy subject but people like that deserve no place on this Earth. Actually feel sick, what a sad and disgusting bunch of human beings.

I hope those poor children never have to know about what happened. 

The money that Watkins has should now be used to pay for his time in prison instead of the taxpayer, given to charity and most importantly set aside for the victims of his sadistic abuse

• Like 3

Just about got to page 5 myself and I have to say, although there is clearly something wrong with both him and the women, it is something beyond what is curable or fixable in my opinion.

I actually agree with you EA, the death sentence is a touchy subject but people like that deserve no place on this Earth. Actually feel sick, what a sad and disgusting bunch of human beings.

I am against the death penalty myself for a number of reasons.

1) In a civilised country we don't have the right to take person's life (In anycase a sex crime without murder would never be a capital offence, so it would serve any purpose in this case.

2) It didn't work before when we had it here and too many people were executed and then found to be innocent. Too well documented ones were Timothy Evans and Derek Bentley.

3) Would Ian Brady and Myra Hindley have suffered less if the death penalty hadn;t have been abolished not long before they were tried.

4)Then theres the executioner. Albert Pierrepoint hung 400 people including those two innocent ones and Ruth Ellis and he and his family suffered greatly because of it.

5) Method of execution. I know many people want these people to die a horrible death, but i don't think that should be the case and that any of the methods that have been used are very humane. Lethal injection certainly isn't. The person can die in agony but be paralysed so he cant scream out or move. Gas Chamber no! Electric Chair is horiible. 

Edited by PaulC

1) In a civilised country we don't have the right to take person's life (In anycase a sex crime without murder would never be a capital offence, so it would serve any purpose in this case.

2) It didn't work before when we had it here and too many people were executed and then found to be innocent. Too well documented ones were Timothy Evans and Derek Bentley.

3) Would Ian Brady and Myra Hindley have suffered less if the death penalty hadn;t have been abolished not long before they were tried.

4)Then theres the executioner. Albert Pierrepoint hung 400 people including those two innocent ones and Ruth Ellis and he and his family suffered greatly because of it.

5) Method of execution. I know many people want these people to die a horrible death, but i don't think that should be the case and that any of the methods that have been used are very humane. Lethal injection certainly isn't. The person can die in agony but be paralysed so he cant scream out or move. Gas Chamber no! Electric Chair is horiible. 

Point 1 I understand although my personal opinion is that a sex crime such as this, or any sex crime involving a child for that matter, is a completely different case to others. You could argue that similar to your 3rd point, would these children have suffered less if they were simply 'murdered' rather than sexually abused?

As for your 2nd point, they are clearly guilty in this case.

As for points 4 and 5, I'd gladly put a bullet through each of their heads myself. It isn't a case of them suffering it is a matter of ridding the planet of such vile human beings.

Edited by samjp26

Point 1 I understand although my personal opinion is that a sex crime such as this, or any sex crime involving a child for that matter, is a completely different case to others. You could argue that similar to your 3rd point, would these children have suffered less if they were simply 'murdered' rather than sexually abused?

As for your 2nd point, they are clearly guilty in this case.

As for points 4 and 5, I'd gladly put a bullet through each of their heads myself. It isn't a case of them suffering it is a matter of ridding the planet of such vile human beings.

You don't even have the death penalty in any of the states in America for sex crimes involving children and even if brought back here you wont. 

Which is perhaps why a psychiatrist is more suitable than a hangman.

I'm not calling for the death penalty to be brought back, but a sentence of death is what I believe these people deserve.

I actually just hope that he is beaten to a pulp every day until he is eventually mauled to death by inmates. The sad fact is that he will likely be under maximum security, therefore costing even more to detain. 

This man is sick, that document is one of the worst things I've ever read, I've seen one or two on here saying he needs to be 'helped' and 'treated' for his illness, but I completely disagree, he doesn't deserve any thing other than being thrown into a crocodile pit, the mothers of those children can join him as well. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

You recognise that perhaps this is the result of an illness, and that doesn't bother you one bit?

I'm not trying to start a 'hug a paedo' campaign, it just seems to me that better understanding of the causes of this sort of thing could perhaps help it be identified earlier, or prevented, in other cases.

Prison and having their life ruined clearly isn't much of a deterrent.

Edited by Davkaus

I'm not calling for the death penalty to be brought back, but a sentence of death is what I believe these people deserve.

Yes I'm not disagreeing with that but I'll never be in support of a return to capital punishment. Anyway i think Watkins will suffer more with 35 years solitary confinement than a quick death. His life is over. He's just going to rot in jail like Brady has. He's paying for his crimes!

Which is perhaps why a psychiatrist is more suitable than a hangman.

Oof I don't know. I'm certainly not one for the death penalty for all of the obvious reasons and I am a big fan of modern psychiatric medicine. However some cases are so clearly beyond our understanding right now that it's simply not an option.

He will certainly make for an interesting case study to aid the advancement of our ability to know the human mind. Curable though? That's not a risk the law can or should take.

The man is the very definition of "monster".

• Like 1

Yes I'm not disagreeing with that but I'll never be in support of a return to capital punishment. Anyway i think Watkins will suffer more with 35 years solitary confinement than a quick death. His life is over. He's just going to rot in jail like Brady has. He's paying for his crimes!

He'll never be able to pay for those crimes. The women neither. All we can do is protect ourselves from them committing further atrocities.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

You recognise that perhaps this is the result of an illness, and that doesn't bother you one bit?

I'm not trying to start a 'hug a paedo' campaign, it just seems to me that better understanding of the causes of this sort of thing could perhaps help it be identified earlier, or prevented, in other cases.

There is no deterrent! I agree its an illness just like being a sociapath is but that doesn't mean they shouldn't pay for their crimes, i just don;t go along with the seize mentality.

Edited by PaulC

There is no deterrent! I agree its an illness just like being a sociapath is but that doesn't mean they shouldn't pay for their crimes, i just don;t go along with the seize mentality.

No one is saying he should walk free. Just that a place like Broadmoor may be more suitable, and useful.

I do not know what a seize mentality is. :(

Edited by Davkaus

Reading that PDF was a mistake. It makes me so disgusted with human beings as a species... that there are those among us that can be so completely devoid of decency. Sickening and depressing.

Reading that PDF was a mistake. It makes me so disgusted with human beings as a species... that there are those among us that can be so completely devoid of decency. Sickening and depressing.

Yes i know how you feel. There's  lot of very sick people out there just like Watkins who are amongst us. Its scary!

Â