RIP Paddy: Anyone wanting funeral details PM LV or mark359

wiggyrichard

Sad, sad news. I've known Paddy online for over a decade (as has Nayson and a few others), never met him, though always thought one day we would meet. Through his battles with cancer he always remained positive and never thought once about not helping someone else. When my partner contracted cancer he helped me greatly, telling me the effect that chemotherapy would have on her so I was prepared for what was about to come, I found it reassuring to know I had someone there to help me.

If I remember correctly, all the old OS message board people came onto VT as a result of Paddy, he was the first of us to start posting here and quite a few of us followed him in a short space of time, always happy and never confrontational, always wanting to help people, that's how I'll remember him, along with his great sense of humour and worldly wise outlook for one so young.

We've lost not just a fellow VTer, we've lost one of the best. I'm absolutely gutted by the news, which I think Paddy wouldn't approve of but nonetheless sometimes you can't help your emotions. My thoughts go to his family and friends, we've all lost a remarkable person, if the world was full of people like Paddy, it'd be a much better place. 25 is no age to leave us but in those 25 years he crammed in a lot, saw more of life than many people twice his age and was always an example to others.

R.I.P.

Gone way to soon my thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

By the way, what a great reaction by the General and the club as a whole back then as well.

Paddy well merits the warm welcome he will receive from those Holte Enders in the sky that are already watching Villa stars of the past take on the likes of Matthews, Best, Ball and Moore every other week at the Villa Park in the sky.

Gutting to come on here and read this tonight.

I'd like to be able to say I'd met the guy, sadly I only knew him through his contributions on here but I enjoyed them immensely. As many others have said, he came across as an intelligent, decent and thoroughly nice bloke.

RIP

Â