Xbox One

hogso

So will it be the next announcement or the one after when MS admit the optical disk will be an optional extra :mrgreen:

So a little birdie tells me there's absolutely zero chance of this happening

• 3 weeks later...

It strikes me as someone with power doing very much what HE wants and not necessarily what the customers want.

Not always a bad thing. But in this case, doesn't sound too wise. Obviously his reaction to it doesn't help either.

I'm not too sure how I feel about the always online thing to be honest. I'm more concerned with the "not playing 2nd hand games" thing that's going on at the minute.

So If I have an xbox in my living room and bedroom, I have to buy Fifa for both of them separately? I'm generally always connected to the net anyway and only really do multiplayer gaming so... 

I'm not too sure how I feel about the always online thing to be honest. I'm more concerned with the "not playing 2nd hand games" thing that's going on at the minute.

So If I have an xbox in my living room and bedroom, I have to buy Fifa for both of them separately? I'm generally always connected to the net anyway and only really do multiplayer gaming so... 

I'm the same. Most my games i rent from Lovefilm now (i'll but games like Fifa and CoD). Rumours floating about that if you don't have an internet connection you wont even be able to start a game up and if the connection cuts mid game, you have a couple of minutes before gameplay is suspended.

Now, i mostly play game online too and my console is connected to the internet every time i turn it on, but if i think back from last year, my internet connection was down about 3 times? for about 2-4 days each time due to maintenance or errors with the line. With this next Xbox that would **** me right over as i wouldn't even be able to play Fifa against the Cpu to kill time.

How much of the success of these new consoles will be dictated by being the first to be released? Or are people either 'PS' people or 'XBox' people at this stage? The reason I ask is because I wonder whether one will rush a release just to be on the shelf and shifting units (and dealing with any fallout from premature release (fnarr fnarr)).

I'm nearly always online as well so its unlikely to bother me, but that's not really the point.

My Internet does drop out on occasion. It just seems weird to need something to play a game that you don't actually need.

What I mean is his comparison to electricity is wrong. Your console (or your fridge or your tv or whatever) NEEDS electricity to run. Your console doesn't NEED the internet (unless you're playing online obvs) apart from the fact that they say it does now.

It's similar to him saying everyone's microwaves need to be plugged in to be able to play their new XBox

How much of the success of these new consoles will be dictated by being the first to be released? Or are people either 'PS' people or 'XBox' people at this stage? The reason I ask is because I wonder whether one will rush a release just to be on the shelf and shifting units (and dealing with any fallout from premature release (fnarr fnarr)).

I have both Xbox 360 and Ps3. I only use my Xbox now. I just feel the online with Xbox is a much better experience and seeing as i send alot of time online the Xbox done it for me.

Microsoft are already **** itself over and i don't think it matters who goes first.

It's a ridiculous idea and given that my internet is utterly pants it would stop me buying one if I was of a mind to. I doubt I'd be alone in that. And while it's also not the point, someone will no doubt create a hack that fools the XBox into thinking it is online when it isn't. It's quite clearly a piracy precaution by MS but surely they'll see sense. They risk alienating a healthy portion of potential buyers.

Â