Xbox One

hogso

My £122 Xbox One just turned up :lol:

Brand new with all the cellophane around it :lol:

Awesome!

I'd sell it again to be honest, you could get about 300 surely

Standalone consoles sell for £220 on ebay, so not much point really. 

You can buy an Xbox, HDMI cable, Power Supply and Controller for about £300 from ebay. So if you're not bothered by Kinect can get it loads cheaper. 

Edited by PieFacE

My £122 Xbox One just turned up :lol:

Brand new with all the cellophane around it :lol:

Awesome!

I'd sell it again to be honest, you could get about 300 surely

Standalone consoles sell for £220 on ebay, so not much point really. 

You can buy an Xbox, HDMI cable, Power Supply and Controller for about £300 from ebay. So if you're not bothered by Kinect can get it loads cheaper. 

Does it work without a Kinect? Seems like a stupid question but I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to make it so you can't use the console without Kinect

In my opinion having had and sold the xbox one the kinect was useless to me. Its a fantastic bit of technology and if you actually use it then fair enough but for me the whole voice commands thing was useless because i never used it and i think in future when theres good games and a better designed xbox then i'll buy it without the kinect.

122 quid is an absolute steal though, well done!

Does it work without a Kinect? Seems like a stupid question but I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to make it so you can't use the console without Kinect

yup, they removed the need for it to be always connected pre-release

Price drop for the XBONE w/ Titanfall bundle this Friday - will be available for £399 down from £429.

The incredibly pukey statement from Harvey Eagle, Xbox's marketing director in the UK, reads;

"The reason we're doing this is that we're committed to giving gamers the best value that we can. We're only a few months into a generation of consoles that are going to last for many many years to come. ...now just feels like the right time to make the adjustment on the price."

:puke:

The price drop only applies to the UK for the time being.

I don't think it will last more than 4 years. I don't think I'll end up buying one, every multi-platform game will be better on the PS4, and Halo is the only exclusive that MS interests me with, and I can see Destiny taking over that.

I don't think it will last more than 4 years. I don't think I'll end up buying one, every multi-platform game will be better on the PS4, and Halo is the only exclusive that MS interests me with, and I can see Destiny taking over that.

Why don't you think it will last four years? 

I don't think they will be happy with everyone buying their multi-plats on the PS4, the console already can't play a current-gen game (Tomb Raider, MGS etc) at the right settings

If they had it their way, I reckon they'd release a new console next year as ever since the XBO was revealed it's been a disaster. Pretty pissed off still as the 360 was probably the best console I've ever had.

I don't think they will be happy with everyone buying their multi-plats on the PS4, the console already can't play a current-gen game (Tomb Raider, MGS etc) at the right settings

If they had it their way, I reckon they'd release a new console next year as ever since the XBO was revealed it's been a disaster. Pretty pissed off still as the 360 was probably the best console I've ever had.

Yeah but that's only people who have both PS4 and Xbox. I'd imagine the percentage of people with both consoles is pretty small. Generally people will have one or the other. Microsoft will have a 5-10 year plan with this console, and will come out of it making a profit. It's only a matter of time before it's playing games 1080p/60fps. Developers are suffering more teething problems than the PS4 but it will get there as Microsoft are already creating and releasing newer SDK's making it easier to develop on. They have shot themselves in the foot quite a lot, but I imagine they will release a discless/kinectless Xbox next year for around the £300 mark which would sell quite well. Probably with the release of Halo. 

The PS2/Xbox 'generation' only lasted 6 years, I expect this one to last a similar time frame, I doubt either console will be able to output 4k resolutions to a high degree and in 5 or 6 years I'll imagine many of us will own 4k TVs.

The PS2/Xbox 'generation' only lasted 6 years, I expect this one to last a similar time frame, I doubt either console will be able to output 4k resolutions to a high degree and in 5 or 6 years I'll imagine many of us will own 4k TVs.

Neither of the last generation put out 1080p to a high degree and no one seemed to care.

They'll just use upscaling again, most people don't seem to notice. The generation will be dragged out for as long as possible.

Edited by Davkaus

Price drop for the XBONE w/ Titanfall bundle this Friday - will be available for £399 down from £429.

The incredibly pukey statement from Harvey Eagle, Xbox's marketing director in the UK, reads;

"The reason we're doing this is that we're committed to giving gamers the best value that we can. We're only a few months into a generation of consoles that are going to last for many many years to come. ...now just feels like the right time to make the adjustment on the price."

:puke:

The price drop only applies to the UK for the time being.

Translation:  Oh shit, nobody is buying our console! 

March is a pretty big month for the Xbox One.

Titanfall is being released. There's a rumour with the new patches coming out it will be running at 1080p rather than the 728p or whatever it is.

Twitch is also being released with social broadcasting bollocks whatever that is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMq_ajNBTy8

They're fixing Sky TV being displayed in 60hz instead of 50hz for us UK crowd.

Big overhaul of the friends and party system making it easier to navigate. 

PYtWHmg.png

Dolby Digital finally works!

So all in all good stuff. It's almost like MS planned for the Xbox to be released now rather than back in November. 

I have to say too. I bought an Xbox One at launch, at the time I thought the whole talking to the TV thing was just a gimmick and wouldn't really help at all, however I have been using it. But since then I have a kinectless xbox in my bedroom, and man, I really do miss having the kinect there to navigate where I want to go in the UI. It is just a lot easier than using a controller. I really didn't think it would be as useful as it is.

I have to say too. I bought an Xbox One at launch, at the time I thought the whole talking to the TV thing was just a gimmick and wouldn't really help at all, however I have been using it. But since then I have a kinectless xbox in my bedroom, and man, I really do miss having the kinect there to navigate where I want to go in the UI. It is just a lot easier than using a controller. I really didn't think it would be as useful as it is.

Agreed. For all the shit the One gets, I love it. The ease of saving video clips thanks to Kinect is brilliant. 

Â