Xbox One

hogso

The new update is pretty awesome!

Can now hook my Sky box up to it, say "Xbox watch Champions League Highlights" and it changes to Sky Sports 1. Awesome!

Also they are adding a feature to upload directly to Youtube tomorrow which will be pretty cool.

Also get a notification when your friends sign in lol.

Fair play to MS, they're not messing about.

Oh snap the Sky stuff works now?

I don't think price drops are going to help them much, especially when they're only matching the oppositions price.

What they need is games, and lots of them, exclusively. Every game that is multiplatform will look better on the PS4, so all the casuals/people like me who don't have an allegiance will just buy everything on the PS4

I don't think price drops are going to help them much, especially when they're only matching the oppositions price.

What they need is games, and lots of them, exclusively. Every game that is multiplatform will look better on the PS4, so all the casuals/people like me who don't have an allegiance will just buy everything on the PS4

Yeah I agree to an extent. Titanfall and Halo are pretty good exclusives. But I'm sure PS4 have some too (though for me i'm not really into the "Last Of Us" type games, more of an FPS player myself). FWIW I did see BF4 on the PS4 a couple of weeks ago at a mates, and whilst it does look better, it's marginal at best. I don't think the gap between the two is that big tbh, but maybe I need my eyes tested :P 

Yeah, well it works with VU boxes :D

Yet another price drop.

Xbox One & Titanfall

£349.00

http://m.direct.asda.com/Xbox_One_Titanfall/003736104,default,pd.html

If only it was this price at launch.... 

VU box?

Satellite Receiver Box. I can't say too much on an open forum but if you'd like to know more feel free to PM. It has some good features ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hxQ6THm6Ubo

Looks good! Personally being able to watch a football game for example whilst playing is something I want

Yeah I often play FIFA whilst watching a match. It works really well! 

Maybe the hardware isn't too bad after all.... wishful thinking? Maybe. But DX12 should certainly give the XBONE a big boost. Considering DX is written by MS and MS designed the Xbox, you'd imagine it would be optimised for it.

I don't for one second expect it to double in performance, We'll see I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0trrEQzWE4

Edited by PieFacE

Brought my son one of these yesterday from Game. Good deal on at the time - play a 4 min demo of Forsa and get £50 off the console. Needless to say he did it and was well chuffed!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Xbox One without Kinect revealed :lol:

I'd feel completely cheesed off if I bought with bundled with Kinect, as they said the whole system was based around it.

They still need to lower the price as it's still a much weaker system

Can't believe how fast the prices are dropping. Games with Gold is coming to XONE next month as well, Max Curse of the Brotherhood and Halo Spartan Assault will be the free games. 

Oh and an update on what I thought to be good customer service, I didn't receive my headset replacement so I contacted Xbox. It was told that it was because I hadn't sent off my broken one, which I wasn't actually told to do. After enquiring further, turns out I have to send my broken headset by recorded delivery... to Czech Republic. The woman I was speaking to sent me a link to FedEx, which gave a quote of £45, so the price of two brand new headsets basically.

I assumed I was under warranty, but evidently this seems to be some sort of get around to prevent people from getting replacement accessories, who in their right mind is going to pay so much postage to send stuff to Czech? 

Â