How much is Gabby worth ?

walesavfc

Personally I'm not actually convinced that McLeish has done all that much with Gabby.

Gabby has improved every season he has been with us with one exception, the season under Houllier.

It has long been very obvious that Gabby works harder to improve than most and despite how he at times comes across he is smart enough to understand he needs to work at his game and does in fact learn from the coaching he receives.

Has he improved this season compared to last season? No question. To me though that says far more about Houllier and how he managed/utilised Gabby than it says about McLeish. That isn't a critism of McLeish, I credit him with using Gabby in the right position and using his strengths but that is about it.

Gabby wasn't as good last season but injuries played a part too, not just Houllier. He was practically injured almost the entire season up until November.

And to be honest I think McLeish may be one of the reason's why Gabby's playing so well. People are/were blaming poor forms of players on Houllier last season so I don't really see why McLeish can't be praised for certain players' good form?

Personally I'm not actually convinced that McLeish has done all that much with Gabby.

Gabby has improved every season he has been with us with one exception, the season under Houllier.

It has long been very obvious that Gabby works harder to improve than most and despite how he at times comes across he is smart enough to understand he needs to work at his game and does in fact learn from the coaching he receives.

Has he improved this season compared to last season? No question. To me though that says far more about Houllier and how he managed/utilised Gabby than it says about McLeish. That isn't a critism of McLeish, I credit him with using Gabby in the right position and using his strengths but that is about it.

I think McLeish has given him confidence, but it's mainly down to Gabby, also, by the looks of it, Young/Downing leaving could be the making of Gabby as he seems to want to step up and be the main man for us.

I think McLeish has given him confidence, but it's mainly down to Gabby, also, by the looks of it, Young/Downing leaving could be the making of Gabby as he seems to want to step up and be the main man for us.

Gabby is saying to us (to quote Simple Minds) "Don't you, forget about me"

and he is proving that by assisting and scoring and terrorising full backs.

I would pit him against Bale to be honest, on form he would cancel bale out if he can push forward a lot. Plus isn't assou panacotta their left back? Gabby would own him,.

think McLeish faith in him has boosted his confidence, sometimes thats all a player needs

In fairness to McLeish, he's got Gabby playing well in the forward role as well as the striker role. Even under Oneill, he rarely played particularly well when asked to play a wider role, but he has been consistently amazing this year regardless of where he's played.

• 3 weeks later...

I loved recently when he spent the day at the children's hospital. He went on his own accord and I read somewhere that he donated a 6 figure sum to the hospital too. What a guy. Proud to have him at our club.

Gabby may not be the best player ever, but he is ours, and well competent at what he does. His dedication is something to behold in the current era of footballers. Priceless.

Am also actually glad he is a fringe natioinal player at best, as it is clear that he plays for us, not for the cash, fame or fortune involved in the modern game.

We need more players with his attitude.

• 3 weeks later...
Â