• Ireland
    • N'Zogbia
    • Delph
    • Petrov
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Albrighton (for Bannan 72)
    • Wiemann (for N'Zogbia 85)

Great ball from Bannan to find Delph who should have scored..Other highlights was the link up play in the 2nd half between Bannan and Ireland, its something that can grow and I would keep them both in the line up.

Delph and Petrov though, its not working..Maybe try Clark and Delph instead, or Petrov and Gardner.

The defense let them walk right in at the end there. Bad luck for Dunne, but yet another late goal to drop points. It's becoming a **** tradition.

That said, one point was a steal.

Horror first half, much better second, but plenty of things to worry about, like Delph pretending he's Ronaldinho instead of playing the obvious ball, N'Zogbia looking second rate yet again, Ireland looking like he's on sedatives, Hutton looking fat and stupid...

SHIT

1st Half - :shock: The worst I've seen them play in... erm... half a week.

2nd Half - Much improved as we took the game to them.

MOTM: The Referee (potentially a contender for player of the season)

It was nice to finally see a bit of pace and invention for most of the second half but excuse me for not getting too excited that we actually managed to make ourselves competitive against QPR.

Well that's what happens when you start trying to run the clock down on 88 minutes.

Anyways Bannan motm for me, N'Zobia was very poor, and as much as i hate to say it Delph just doesn't seem to be making any progress.

Not a cause for wrist slitting but certainly not a case for having a quick one off the wrist.

One swallow does not a summer make.

20 minutes of good football in the second half does not make up for hour after hour of woeful, woeful football.

With 12 shots on target in the first half and 7 free kicks on the edge of our box QPR should have been a cricket score in front. The sad thing is when we played attacking football and committed players forward we were the better side but we couldn't keep it up and in the end were once again lucky to get a point.

There's no way QPR had 12 shots on target in the whole game, let alone the first half!!

On a side note, Albrighton really has lost it this year. Bannan has come on in leaps and bounds and Albrighton's regressed. No confidence or competent decision making.

Well that's what happens when you start trying to run the clock down on 88 minutes.

Anyways Bannan motm for me, N'Zobia was very poor, and as much as i hate to say it Delph just doesn't seem to be making any progress.

Not a cause for wrist slitting but certainly not a case for having a quick one off the wrist.

88mins? It started from kick off.

One swallow does not a summer make.

20 minutes of good football in the second half does not make up for hour after hour of woeful, woeful football.

With 12 shots on target in the first half and 7 free kicks on the edge of our box QPR should have been a cricket score in front. The sad thing is when we played attacking football and committed players forward we were the better side but we couldn't keep it up and in the end were once again lucky to get a point.

There's no way QPR had 12 shots on target in the whole game, let alone the first half!!

should have said 12 shots not 12 on target (doh!)

17 shots at goal altogether to our 8.

Still dont rate Hutton or Collins..Time to give Cuellar and Herd if they are fit some more match time..

Herd is fit. He was man of the match last time he played v Wolves which coincidentally was the last time we kept a clean sheet. I was warned by a Blues fan that McLeish had his favorites, and Hutton must be one of them because he's been dire every time he's played. N'Zogbia should have been hauled off too instead of Bannan. Ireland should have been allowed to play as part of the front 3 with Bannan and Gabby.

Given - 8 Made at least 1 world class save

Warnock - 7 Decent game

Dunne - 7 Solid

Collins - 6 Clogger

Hutton - 3 Dire

N'Zog - 5 It's just not working

Petrov - 8 Worked tirelessly, knocked it around well. MOM for me.

Delph - 5 Gives the ball away too much.

Ireland - 7 Utterly wasted playing deep.

Bannan - 7 Deserves to keep his place. Superb penalty.

Gabby - 7 Led the line reasonably well, but was isolated.

Summary - A dodgy ref helped us paper over the cracks.

The first half we were absolutely terrible. Couldn't string more than 2 passes together. All we were doing was clearing the ball and hoping Gabby would be on the end of it. I posted this in the match thread during half-time.

Wow. I tend to be one of the more optimistic supporters, but good grief what an embarrassing first 45. Granted the last 5 minutes showed more promise, but I think there is a real problem that needs to be addressed.

The weird part is, as much as we like to think it's AM's tactics to just hoof the ball upfield from defence, I don't think that's the case. There was this one shot of AM absolutely incensed, yelling at the players to keep the ball on the floor. I think there are 2 problems here. 1 being James Collins. He's not confident enough to play a pass on the floor most of the time, and just ends up clearing the ball rather than chesting it down and keeping it. And 2, we don't have a midfielder who makes himself available to the defenders to pick the ball up from them. Since our defenders can't pick a pass to them, it's imperative that the midfielders make themselves available. This is another reason why I think it was a poor decision to let go of Makoun. He was that link from defence to attack, while also being creative.

I feel bad for Delph because it isn't his game to play the deep lying midfielder who collects from the defence. He's looking quite poor because of it. We are crying out for a Tiote like player, and only then do I think we'll see the best of him.

Second half we looked like a team who could actually play football. This was no doubt down to AM's team talk as we looked a completely different side. It also kinda buttresses the opinion that it isn't really AM's tactics that make us play the way we do. It's more down to the players.

I think Petrov had his most solid game of the season. None of the annoying Petrov'isms today, just solid passing...looking to get forward most of the time.

N'zogbia. Good grief. Nothing comes off for the lad. I think it's time he was dropped for Albrighton. Most of our promising attacks broke down at him.

Oh and Ireland was good enough to get another start. That is all.

8 points against QPR, Blackburn, Newcastle, Everton, Wolves and Fulham = a relegation scrap. Wigan is totally crucial - anything less than 3 points and I reckon we will be one of the favourites for relegation.

I often wondered why the Holte Lower was so quiet these days, until now.

That is an absolutely bonkers statement you wrote there.

N'Zogbia and Delph were definately having a "whos touch is the shittest" competition....

every attack breaks down at Zogs feet....you can be short of confidence but that should not affect basic skills like passing....

he cant pass, cant shoot and cant dribble at the moment...

looking forward to seeing Jenas on the pitch..i think he'll make us a bit more dynamic and mobile in midfield, thats if we dont hoof it over his head

Â