• Ireland
    • N'Zogbia
    • Delph
    • Petrov
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Albrighton (for Bannan 72)
    • Wiemann (for N'Zogbia 85)

On a side note, Albrighton really has lost it this year. Bannan has come on in leaps and bounds and Albrighton's regressed. No confidence or competent decision making.

the lad has a brick for a brain.....

he's as thick as pig shit and it shows in his footballing decisions

are bannan and ireland the only 2 who can play 1 touch football and find their own man, other players touches are horrible....

albrighton makes terrible decisions and cost the 3 points today in my opinion by opting to shoot when he could of played wiemann in or ran to corner

The only time we looked half decent was at the start of the 2nd half. Once we scored our lucky penalty we reverted to the negative, boring anti football that is the trademark of McLeish.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that when we were attacking QPR and playing football they we unable to compete. As soon as we started to defend we invited wave after wave of attacks and free kicks.

Just once it would be nice to see us be the better team during a game. It's hardly as if we have played anybody half decent yet.

God help us when we play a decent footballing side.

Albrighton deserves an almighty bollocking for not passing when 2 v 1 near the end. Also though, that prick of a linesman should have given us a corner but he gave them a goal kick and they scored straight after, although Collins didn't exactly cover himself in glory!

We were by far the better team until we scored but we returned to our normal selves soon after. I thought N'Zogbia was clueless and the guy needs a 150% improvement, he is that bad. Ireland played much better though.

8 points against QPR, Blackburn, Newcastle, Everton, Wolves and Fulham = a relegation scrap. Wigan is totally crucial - anything less than 3 points and I reckon we will be one of the favourites for relegation.

I often wondered why the Holte Lower was so quiet these days, until now.

That is an absolutely bonkers statement you wrote there.

Er - why ?

Over the season, at this rate , we would end up on 50 points. However, lets face it, take out the games against Man U, Man City, Spurs, Chelsea - thats 42.

I think it is fair to say - if we dont get 3 against Wigan, we will be very luck y to get to the magic 40 point mark.

I am not being funny mate - didn't I here the following expressions from down the road last year.

1. Too many draws, need to win more games, especially at home.

2. Too defensive

3. Don't score enough goals.

We were bloody fortunate today. On another day, we would have conceded 2 pens, not had ours, lost a couple of more, and been down to 9 men as Hutton and Zogbia should have gone.

Relieved to get a point yes, but dont try and convince me we arent in trouble. Our last win was AUGUST 23rd !!!! - and that was against Hereford !!!!!

Lucky to get away with a point after a dire first half. The way we played in the first half of the second half was very encouraging - playing the ball along the floor and moving around in midfield. If it weren't for the fact that two of our players are struggling with their touch we might have had a couple in that phase. It looked to me like Delph and Petrov had their roles reversed in the 2nd half and Delph looked far more competent pushing forward, but he still loses the ball far too much.

In the end I think we saw plenty in that 20-30 minute period to suggest that we do have the players to carve out a win or two, especially at home. Bannan and Ireland especially started to get on each other's wave length a bit. I just hope this was the beginning of the light going on in peoples' heads about the way we need to use our midfield.

dissapointed with a point in the end to draw in the 93rd minute with an og really winds me up.

1st half the less said about that the better.

2nd half was so much better for the first time we looked threatening but then not long after we scored we were back to the usual defending for the rest of the game.

play like we did beginning of the second half and we will beat wigan

nzogbia was shocking where's the tricks, the pace, so many times he was 1 on 1 with the defender and usually do a trick but just ran at him and lost the ball

ireland was good going forward but defensively non existent

delph sloppy touches and passes from him

collins WTF was he doing for the og lets it bounce and then heads nowhere but to a qpr player so frustrating. he does all that hoofball and then the 1 time we want him to hoof it heads it nowhere

Awful first half.

Good second.

Hutton and Collins poor at the back, N'Zogbia looked decent. Albrighton poor coming on... should have squared it to Weimann but got greedy. Ireland alright. Delph best game so far. Petrov again decent. Given good save off SWP but had no chance with the equaliser. Bannan superb, tested Kenny well in the first half and coolly finished the penalty. Also I think bicycle-kicked it out of defence and another flicked a shot over his head to Hutton who raced up the wing with it... Warnock could have been sent off, but was better offensively. Gabby isolated first but second pulled wide, causing Young/Traore trouble. Dunne good, no chance about the equaliser, just a freak goal.

Ref was poor but mainly to our benefit.

Overall gutted we didn't win, but happy nevertheless. Played so much better in the second. Bent and Jenas still to come in.

N'Zogbia looked decent? Seriously mate, you could not have watched that game, or if you did, you couldn't have paid much attention. He was rubbish and does not deserve a place in that team, and that is saying something!

Ratings with 5 being average.

SG 8

AH 4

JC 5

RD 7

SW 5

BB7

CN 3

SP 5

FD 6

SI 6

GA 7

Subs

MA 6

AW 6

Enough as been said about the game of two halves so won't add any more to that.

Very wasteful in the final third when chances arose. Albrighton got into good positions but failed today where it really counted.

N'Zogbia, not sure what to say but let's hope a old players haunts a team in our next game.

I believe it was a penalty to us; slight pull on the shirt was enough when it comes down to inches in the box. (Waiting for Gareth's take on last line.) :D

Unlike previous matches N'Zobgia got plenty of the ball - that is an improvement.

At this point though he really looks clueless when he has it. For such a cocky bloke he is really shockingly lacking in confidence. Hopefully the prospect of playing his old club is enough to get his snarl back.

N'Zogbia was poor, but for me Delph was worse. Poor passing, misses tackles, and when he did make a good run or two messed up big time with his finishing.

Bringing Albrighton on as a sub is suicide, his decision making is so poor and gives away too many fouls.

It might be boring but, if we're looking to grind out a result then Clark on as a holding midfielder for me.

Although he should probably be out on the pitch already instead of Collins...

I'm not sure how they were supposed to bring Clark on if he's missing through injury...

Logical move for mine would have been taking off N'Zogbia and bringing on Herd or Gardner to float in front of defence and push Delph out wide.

N'Zogbia was poor, but for me Delph was worse. Poor passing, misses tackles, and when he did make a good run or two messed up big time with his finishing.

Bringing Albrighton on as a sub is suicide, his decision making is so poor and gives away too many fouls.

It might be boring but, if we're looking to grind out a result then Clark on as a holding midfielder for me.

Although he should probably be out on the pitch already instead of Collins...

As you say, Clark or Herd as a holding midfielder, and as soon as Cuellar is fit have him replace Collins. We need a bit of height in midfield, too many half-pints.

A couple of years ago this result would of really pissed me off that we didnt hang on. Now im just not as bothered to be honest the players dont care apart from 1 oe 2 so why should I care if they mess up. This is why im losing love for club football and cant understand why fans would spend so much to watch villa when the players like many other teams only care about money and not how the team does.

A couple of years ago this result would of really pissed me off that we didnt hang on. Now im just not as bothered to be honest the players dont care apart from 1 oe 2 so why should I care if they mess up. This is why im losing love for club football and cant understand why fans would spend so much to watch villa when the players like many other teams only care about money and not how the team does.
In all fairness they looked absolutely gutted when that goal went in.

Â