• Ireland
    • N'Zogbia
    • Delph
    • Petrov
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Albrighton (for Bannan 72)
    • Wiemann (for N'Zogbia 85)

N'Zogbia looked poor today and off the pace. Delph in midfield has an air of "Billy Big Bollocks" about him, especially with his constant crap attempts at dribbling passed people in his own half, and again he leaps for headers when the ball is in it's ascendancy.

Can't wait for a midfield 3 of Petrov, Jenas & Ireland with Bannan behind Gabby & Bent.

Defensively we look better but the fact that AMC plays to hang on to small leads is horrendous. We played like Birmingham apart from 10 mins in the 2nd half, then we sat back again. Our pace terrified QPR during that short spell but AMC panicked. I'd rather we played 90 mins like the 10 in the 2nd half and lost instead of sitting through that shit I just witnessed only to scrape a draw.

Fed up of journo's harping on about AMC's unbeaten record, whilst completely ignoring our performances, our opponents during that time and also the fact that we've actually won only 1 game. Not great really.

A couple of years ago this result would of really pissed me off that we didnt hang on. Now im just not as bothered to be honest the players dont care apart from 1 oe 2 so why should I care if they mess up. This is why im losing love for club football and cant understand why fans would spend so much to watch villa when the players like many other teams only care about money and not how the team does.
In all fairness they looked absolutely gutted when that goal went in.

Yer well they have to do that and do the good old clap to the fans its a hard life getting paid millions of years doing that isnt it? But hey soldiers have the easy life of being shot at for £16,000 a year im sorry ive been mean to the players how dare I.

Bloody terrible first half.

But proved in the second half we can play, so the haters were wrong; we can,

So improving, team getting used to the manager and vise versa.

Some players off form, let's support them hey, there is a shocking idea!

Dress it up anyway you want, fact is

we have a poor midfeild, no attacking threat and a frail defence

added to this we have the lack of bottle we have always gone hand in hand with villa sides for as long as i can remember.

one bright note for me however is that whereas in the past, this would have spoilt my weekend, this has happened so many times in the past, i fully expected it , even when we had a corner at 92:30 seconds against 10 men.

i even put some money on us after 86 mins that we would somehow bottle it and end up snatching a draw from the jaws of victory @8-1

safe in the knowledge that this match like countless others in the past would see us throwing away at the death.

one things for sure, although they have managed to knock out any remaining passion i had for the club, at least history tells me i am in with a good chance of making a few bob on them this season if i go by the assumption that if we are leading with 10 mins to go, lump a couple of quid on the other team getting a goal.

god awful first half, honestly, that was so bad, but at least AM acknowledged that and it did provoke a reaction but please it sounds like MoN all over again - why does it need a half time bollocking to get them playing like that?

it's going to be draw city this year - SO uninspiring. And we had more than our fair share of luck aswell.

Given 7 - couldn't stop the goal but made some good stops in the second half

Hutton 4 - poor, beaten by QPR players too often, deserved booking

Collins 5 - HOOF

Dunne 6 - a typical performance from him - great for most of it, but still manages to score an own goal. Whats that, 9 for him? Might have been unlucky, but that's what you get with him, consistently unlucky. Hmm.

Warnock 4 - both abysmal and great at times, in the second half provided good support down the left going forward, but a rash challenge or two almost cost us.

Bannan 5 - yeah scored a pen and hit a good free kick but was too hitzlespergery in there. Invisible at times - but I think he will improve

Delph 3 - Noticed when he got a yellow card. If he is a talent, it's being thoroughly wasted playing where he is

Petrov 5 - much better second half performance. Don't take corners please

Ireland 4.5 - not helped by team mates trying to aim 6 yards above his head a times, but otherwise such a nothing performance for the most part with a few half decent touches and passes - there is a glimmer of a classy player in there, but he is on borrowed time and some to do it for the full 90

Nzogbia - 2 just terrible. Hope its just a case of settling down, but golly, what was the point of him out there? And at 9 mill? Need much, much more, soon.

Agbonlahor 6 - MoM earned one pen, soft though it was but frankly I thought there was another one with his tussle with fitz hall later on. Our only threat.

subs albrighton 5 / wiemann 5

mcleish 4 - 0 for the first half but he did get them playing in the second much better - but sloppy again towards the end.

lets face it the problem is the midfield there the reason our defence comes under so much pressure and the reason there is no attacking threat.

Vs qpr when we had our good spell everyone in the midfield was nearly in the qpr box. now i know we want attacking football but thats suicidal. you need at least 1 midfielder staying just inside qpr's half for when the other team do break

why doesnt this midfield like to tackle either? 1st half so much ball watching.

they need to improve quickly. drop delph for jenas and soon nzog for bent

A couple of years ago this result would of really pissed me off that we didnt hang on. Now im just not as bothered to be honest the players dont care apart from 1 oe 2 so why should I care if they mess up. This is why im losing love for club football and cant understand why fans would spend so much to watch villa when the players like many other teams only care about money and not how the team does.

Yer well they have to do that and do the good old clap to the fans its a hard life getting paid millions of years doing that isnt it? But hey soldiers have the easy life of being shot at for £16,000 a year im sorry ive been mean to the players how dare I.

Effort isn't the problem is it? It's ability and tactics. They clearly care. Moronic to bring **** soldiers' wages into it.

Effort isn't the problem is it? It's ability and tactics. They clearly care. Moronic to bring **** soldiers' wages into it.

I honestly can't give a motm, I thought they were all awful. We had a decent 10 mins when we attempted to attack, and got what can only be described as a mystifying decision.

As soon as we got the pen (and fair play to Bannan for being the one who had the guts) we yet again reverted to defensive tactics, and yet again, we got what we deserved.

Best player was probably Dunne or Given (for making some crucial saves) , worryingly, NZogbia was totally woeful yet again.

8 points against QPR, Blackburn, Newcastle, Everton, Wolves and Fulham = a relegation scrap. Wigan is totally crucial - anything less than 3 points and I reckon we will be one of the favourites for relegation.[/quote]

You muppet, 8th unbeaten in 3 away mathches. It was a pen he pulled his shirt that is a pen, bossed second half and I feel we are playing towards a very goos side...glass half full for me, some people will moan even if we were in the top 4

Taking positives from the first 20 minutes of the second half today - some nice passages of play, e.g leading up to the penalty and to Delph's two good chances.

Penalty was correct, good call by the ref.

Ireland coming along nicely - good touches, nice passing, made some good runs where he didn't get the ball and got stuck in a couple of times as well. My MOTM today.

Given, Dunne and Bannan also good.

Rest of the game - meh, but as said, bright start to the second half, best we've played all season apart from Blackburn (not saying much I know but it's a start), and hopefully something to build on.

Not great but there were some encouraging signs during extended periods. Impressed wee Barry had the gumption to step up and take the penalty. Still early days and there were some positives to take from the performance in contrast to the two previous games.

Given, Dunne, Gabby and Petrov played well. The rest were poor.

delph had a shocker, very sloppy in possession. Ireland was a bit tippy-tappy

N'zogbia was very poor

We need to be more clinical and aggressive in the final third

Good to see the full backs crossing the halfway line.#

1-1 is a fair result

Good support today, lovving the ongoing banan chant

Watched this game. I think you could have bossed them if you'd had a real go. They couldn't trouble your goal because they don't have the quality, Bothroyd isn't even a PL footballer. But you sat back too often, giving waaaay too much respect to their players- they are after all mostly Championship players.

Unbelievably dire first 45 minutes. In fact it was arguably the worst performance by a Villa side in ages for me.

Second half was definitely an improvement and there were occasional flashes of what could be, even with the referee playing as our twelfth man for most of it. I think we're going to get steamrollered by some teams this season, but if Eck can get them playing entire games like todays second half then we'll win enough to keep us mid-table.

Given 7: Reliable. Not at fault for their goal.

Hutton 5: Did improve, but still not good enough.

Warnock 6: Don't like his attitude and still think he'll cost us games.

Dunne 7: Pretty solid. Again, unfortunate with the goal.

Collins 4: Gives his all, in spades......but his best is not anywhere near good enough. Needs replacing now.

Petrov 6: Got caught a couple of times and, as captain, should have got them going first half. Better 2nd half.

Delph 6: I don't quite get him yet. Too many mistakes maybe.

Bannan 7: Fiery little bugger. Took the penalty well, but he sometimes tries too hard when the simple alternative would do. I'd have loved to see that free kick fly in.

Ireland 7: Thought he did well. Fought for every ball, passed it around well and just a shame nobody picked up his runs. Probably between him and Dunne as my MOTM.

N'Zogbia 5: Apart from a 5min spell, I thought he was pretty awful. Too deep, too many mistakes and I can't wait till we see the real CNZ tbh.

Agbonlahor 6: Not so much a reflection on his own performance, but more on those around him.

Alby: Sorry, but he's a pale shade of the player he was last season.

Weimann: Industrious.

Given: 7, Did everything he had to do - no mistakes.

Hutton: 3, Bloody awful, especially when you see L Young playing for the opposition being a million times better in defence and attack.

Warnock: 6, Solid, can be spectacular, can be liability but today just solid.

Dunne: 7, Unlucky for own goal, but did most things well.

Collins: 5, Needs dropping for Cuellar or Clark ASAP.

Petrov: 6, Tries very hard and makes few mistakes, limited going (or even passing) forward but acts like a Captain.

Delph: 4, Useless, yet to see the point of him other than to destroy our fair play chances!

Bannan: 5, Run, twizzle, run, twizzle, lose the ball. Too much messing about, no final product. Good penalty though.

Ireland: 7, His best game for Villa possibly. No major mistakes, bit more effort today but still need more out of him. Perhaps more starts and played in a more forward position.

N'Zogbia: 3, Does this guy know how to play football?! I've yet to even see him collect a ball, never mind do anything with it. No effort and no skill. Needs a kick up the backside or his career at Villa is over before its even started.

Agbonlahor: 7, Once again ran his arse off but getting very little service. Too much of a gap between him and out 'midfield'!

Albrighton: 5, Everyone raves about our youngsters but all I see is kids that run hard into pointless space and have no eye for a pass or a finish. Albrighton, Bannan, Delfounso - sorry, just because they're our products doesn't mean they're good and they'll end up going the same way as Stephen Davis - being a big fish in a small Scottish pond!

Weimann: 5, Not long enough to judge but surely a sign that (correctly) Delfounso isn't seen as good enough by McLeish.

It's clear from these ratings that our midfield is greatly lacking, needs a big overhaul asap, January transfer window can't come quick enough. As it stands we are desperate for Jenas to get fit and hope he is 2000 times better than McLeish's other signings (he's a loan so bound to be!!) and drop the youngsters to the bench. Start Petrov, Ireland and Jenas and then make the others fight for the final spot (quite happy for that to be literal...)

You can't lose experience and quality in A.Young, Downing and NRC and replace it with 'kids' that simply aren't good enough despite the emotional bond of them being home grown.

Thought we bossed the second half, unbeaten and will still have the same muppets moaning, think about it...we could be Birmingham City scrapping a lucky draw against Barnsley at home.

There was me being all depressed because we played shit again. Your take on life has made me feel so much better.

Thought we bossed the second half, unbeaten and will still have the same muppets moaning, think about it...we could be Birmingham City scrapping a lucky draw against Barnsley at home.

Mmmmm.... remind us who got them there again?

Mmmmm.... remind us who got them there again?

The players just maybe.

Â