The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Browns' fan states (inter alia):

"The Browns have been one of American football's worst teams since 2008 (Cleveland has gone 9-23 in regular season play since 2010), and Shurmur and his coaching staff should be fully concentrating on improving the roster via free agency and the upcoming NFL Draft. Villa, meanwhile, are a punchline at this point of the Premier League campaign. I don't see how meeting with an NFL head coach who hardly impressed in his first year on the job is going to change that fact."

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ycn-10974568

So you don't think the time could be better spent working on our shambolic defence then Woody? This trip is a joke and shows the clueless nature of those running our club.

No I dont actually. Hes had plenty of time to spend on that - making a complete arse of it in the process - albeit the vast majority of defenders are far from good enough.

Bit of time off never hurt anyone - especially when things arent going well.

Staff trip away (unless your daft enough to believe hes actually gone over there primarily just to seek advice from the Browns coach) - big wow!!!

That's the line we've been fed by our increasingly North Korea-style official site. I don't follow the NFL but there may be some interesting parallels between Villa and Cleveland.

They should be at Bodymoor putting in some hard graft learning how to defend set pieces and pass and move etc.

Instead the boss is off on a jolly and even worse the players have been given some time off !!

Staff trip away (unless your daft enough to believe hes actually gone over there primarily just to seek advice from the Browns coach) - big wow!!!

That's the line we've been fed by our increasingly North Korea-style official site. I don't follow the NFL but there may be some interesting parallels between Villa and Cleveland.

Yes because if they just put, 'were organising a trip away for Mcliesh and his staff' this place would go into meltdown.

Weird how people only believe the communications from the club if its possible to put a negative slant on it.

AVFC: Mcliesh will have 100m to spend in the summer!

Fans: Bollocks PR

AVFC: Mcliesh is off to the moon to seek advice on managing a football club.

Fans: Learner you f*&ckin clueless clearing in the woods. Whats going on at our 'great' club??

Yes because if they just put, 'were organising a trip away for Mcliesh and his staff' this place would go into meltdown.

Weird how people only believe the communications from the club if its possible to put a negative slant on it.

AVFC: Mcliesh will have 100m to spend in the summer!

Fans: Bollocks PR

AVFC: Mcliesh is off to the moon to seek advice on managing a football club.

Fans: Learner you f*&ckin clueless clearing in the woods. Whats going on at our 'great' club??

I do see your point but to be honest the club rarely come out with any positive PR worth shouting about anyway. Even the website is just a load of shit that the club try to spoon feed to it's fans to gloss over any issues.

Apart from Youth team/Reserve team success stories I can't really think of anything positive to come from the club.

People are putting negative slants on things because generally things are that shit at the moment. Every aspect of owner, manager, players and fans just feels so bad.

It seems to have got to a point now where I actually can't imagine anything else going wrong this season. Oh, unless we're relegated.

But does he have ANY qualifications and experience of management.

I ask because I don't know and frankly can't be arsed to google him to find out.

The problem with legends is they have a nasty habit of letting you down when they come back....

Do you expect teary-eyed fans at the airport bidding Eck bon voyage? The Browns are in the shit worse than us, they're lucky there's no relegation. Now they've got McLeish helping out. Oh, the humanity!

Â