The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I e-mailed my Liverpool supporting boss the news earlier and asked if he minded me getting drunk in the office, his reply is below.

"Under the circumstances, go for it! I think you deserve it after 9 months of that loser"

Says it all, one of the worst managers in our history and certainly the most unpopular. I hope to never see his name or face on the pages of VillaTalk ever again.

Been out at work all day. Starved of any football information. Heard the brilliant news on TalkSport on way home so please excuse me for my belated:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

i'm actually quite shocked. i was sure that he'd be here till next season.

Now it's up to Lerner to get it right at the 3rd attempt.

Not only that, but he needs to seriously back the new manager with funds , which i am doubtful of

He said....

"It's up to me to turn fans' opinion and I've done it before and I can do it again. I've won trophies and medals all my life as a player and as a manager and you know that doesn't turn me into a bad manager overnight."

and then he was sacked.....don't you feel like a word removed Alex!

Next manager must be the right guy, Randy has been pretty quick with sacking this idiot which has surprised me. I feel though for anything to work next season the cheque book has to come out, hopefully shipping out the deadwood will see some room in the wages department too.

We need a couple of players to build a side around, potentially we have one in Ireland, but I feel we need another James Milner or Ashley Young if we are going to compete for something next season.

Posted in the how do you feel thread but seems just as appropriate for this one too:-

Sorry but I never agreed with the personal abuse against McLeish and I do feel a bit sorry for him.

This was a marriage doomed to fail right from the first day and the inevitable divorce needs to be handled as painlessly as possible.

Randy Lerner & Faulkner take a huge responsibility in all this IMHO. They chose to ignore the fans and made a commercially disastrous

decision.

I'm not celebrating ....I just feel kinda releived it's all over as far as McLeish is concerned and leaving AVFC.

I just hope this isn't the end of the clear out, because don't let this be any kind of distraction from the players, who couldn't give a flying fig

about AVFC that we need to get shot of at the football club.

When are THEY leaving?!!!

Until they are got rid of as well - I pretty much am convinced we could bring in Alex Ferguson and we'd still be gash!!

Absolutely overjoyed and relieved. After yesterday's result confirmed such a record-breakingly awful season he simply had to go. For the dignity of the club alone, he could never survive such a disastrous season.

Having said that, Randy et al are complicit in this shambles and I think they now see the only way forward is to be magnanimous about that. Season ticket sales will be helped of course. And in a sense he is being made a scapegoat.

The appointment needs to be right this time round. I think the fans can buy into the need for patience if the right moves are made - hence the apparent support for Martinez here last year IIRC. The club statement does seem to suggest humble pie is being eaten and O am hopeful that the next appointment will be a positive one.

Doesn't mean we can compete any time soon though - but that's football.

Also, will the media finally acknowledge that the Blues-link was always a red herring when it came McLeish's unpopularity?

Â