The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Has he tried blaming the weather yet

Or perhaps the travelling of the ball is being hindered by the rotation of the earth's axis going against the grain of the Villa park turf

Tune in next week to see McLeish's next excuse

Dont worry its nearly over lol.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or perhaps the travelling of the ball is being hindered by the rotation of the earth's axis going against the grain of the Villa park turf

Are you 100% sure? We all thought Randy would never hire him, maybe won't fire him.

my worry is that whilst we may well get rid of AM, it's not going to be in a week or so. We will have a post mortem, followed by a period of reflection, followed by asking around to see who would be good advisers, followed by working out what their terms of reference should be, followed by drawing up a short list, approaching other owners and chairmen, interviews, assessing fan and media feedback.....

.......then realising it's late July and the only tin left on the shelf is a tin of Bob Bradley with a compo payout to Egypt

Are you 100% sure? We all thought Randy would never hire him, maybe won't fire him.

Not I can't go through another season like this its been hell, he has to go!! my brother is a spurs fan.. Its been absolute torture for me haha..God I love being a Villa fan, the Ups and Downs.... Its time for another UP, AM was the DOWN, now we are going to get another UP! :D

MCLEISH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my worry is that whilst we may well get rid of AM, it's not going to be in a week or so. We will have a post mortem, followed by a period of reflection, followed by asking around to see who would be good advisers, followed by working out what their terms of reference should be, followed by drawing up a short list, approaching other owners and chairmen, interviews, assessing fan and media feedback.....

.......then realising it's late July and the only tin left on the shelf is a tin of Bob Bradley with a compo payout to Egypt

That cant happen, it needs to be swift.. we need to get a manager in early enough so he can make his signings and have some pre season with the team..

You missed the main component to the whole manager-seeking process at Villa Park - the reference letter from Fergie!

I really dont see why moyes would come to us? what incentive is their? No money.

there may be money

if mm is to be believed, there is budget there to be spent in summer

if he had £15 he'd have more than he does at everton anyway

I really dont see why moyes would come to us? what incentive is their? No money.

there may be money

The budget will be going towards McLeish's new yacht.

He has to go in the summer. He was forced to stay in the dugout against West Brom for fear of fans having a go at him. Has this happened at other clubs? You can't have a manager who's hiding from his own club's fans, it's a ridiculous situation.

I haven't been to the Hawthorns for several years.

How close to the dugout do the away fans now sit? Must be pretty close if that is the reason.

Away fans are located behind the goal so not that close to dugout. It'll be a disaster if the club persists with McLeish. They must think fans have short memories if they hope McLeish is going to be supported come August.

Randy must be aware that there would be McLeish out protests from the first match of the season until AM is sacked. He simply cannot afford to start next season on that basis. That's why I'm sure AMs' fate has been sealed by the events of recent weeks.

I think that AM's fate has been sealed by the overall performance of the season, and is nothing to do with fan 'protests'

Funny how the press only started to pick up on how dire we were and how badly McLeish was performing AFTER the protest.

As I said, thankfully some had some balls whilst the rest were sheep, too afraid to upset the applecart.

The guys with the big balls are clearly naive enough to think that the decision makers weren't aware of how badly the team were performing until they read the report in the press, reports which were entirely prompted by the protestors.

Some people really do rate themselves highly :lol:

With regard to the sheep reference, I think that there are guidelines about labelling supporters with a different point of view, but as we have an immoderate 'McLeish Out' moderator, you should be okay.

there may be money

SURELY we've built something into our manager contracts at this stage that they can be sacked for poor performance without compensation. there can't be many other jobs in the world where you can come in, perform awfully, and walk away with your full contract in pay

there may be money

SURELY we've built something into our manager contracts at this stage that they can be sacked for poor performance without compensation. there can't be many other jobs in the world where you can come in, perform awfully, and walk away with your full contract in pay

I hope so but it's unlikely. In the strange world of top level football management you get rewarded for failure.

You missed the main component to the whole manager-seeking process at Villa Park - the reference letter from Fergie!

Don't also forget the Premier League experience. Sorry Pep no can do, get me Iain Dowie on the line....

I want him out before the Spurs game, failing that before the Norwich game.

Two reasons

1.) He can take us down, so getting rid of him will give us a boost for the final games, possibly getting us a much needed point.

2.) Waiting until season end could end up with the board taking a "cooling off period" over the summer as they convince themselves he doesnt need to go and actually they made the right decision in hiring him.

He needs to go now, not later.

there is no point scaking him with two game sto go, wiat until end of season then sack him after norwich game. will have negative impact if sacke dnow and may put off decent managers from applying

Â