The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I think that the people who are coming across as revelling in this are in reality getting giddy at the thoughts of this terrible nightmare finally coming to an end. I must admit that I was one of the people who couldn't come to terms with the appointment of Alex McLeish as manager. I have been depressed ever since and the football style and results have added to my depression.

When it seemed that we might get relegated, it was almost a relief that we would surely be rid of the negativity of McLeish and we could build from basics with our young players and hopefully a progressive manager.

Now it appears that we might retain our premiership status and be rid of McLeish as well. I'm revelling in that and am looking forward to what the future might bring again. We might not be challenging for top 4 any time soon but we might have some entertainment and our own young players actually playing well in an organised team.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two more games to go... I am certainly counting down, there should be no "review" at the end of the season.. this season has been unacceptable, dire football, dire results, same old problems that haven't been fixed and I can't get myself to like the bloke either.

Shouldn't even be a decision that needs time to think or go over - just get rid.

The most hated man in Aston Villa Football Clubs history.

Take a bow Alex, take a bow.

i was prepared to give him a chance but he does have to go now. the only thing that annoys me is that it will take a manager at least a season or two to get things sorted and the managerial merrygoround we have had in the last 2 years has set us back to square one. Here we are in need of a decent manager, we need to get rid of the dross and get some new faces in.

The only thing different to when DOL left is that our facilities have improved, we have a great training ground and some exciting youngsters coming through. Maybe not so far as square one, but square one and a half.

I still think he will be here next season.

Villa fans will accept it and randy will do what ever he can to keep lowering wages and not have to pay compensation.

Maybe that's just me being negative but I really am convinced he will still be our manager next year.

i was one of the people who were prepared to give him time, he's had it, he's failed, he should go. doesn't mean that the over the top keyboard warrior BS spouted by a few on here was a presentient revelation though. it's still over the top BS.

^ That.

(Most) people would have loved it if he had been a success here, and taken down SHA in the season before. But that didn't happen, all the reports of his style of football and poor results at other clubs have come true here for Villa.

This is the key point.

I was also one defending him. However the style of play and being threatened with relegation is unforgivable. As will Aston Villa being below 40 points for a season!

He looks a beaten man and I don't think he has it in him to do another season whether Randy wants him to or not.

All of the above.

Is anyone else concerned with who we'll get instead though? Surely we're in for another relegation scrap next year :(

Would like to see us appoint Slaven Bilic,other end of the spectrum to Mcleish,proven International Manager who surely will be looking for a new challenge at the end of Euro 2012. Excellent player,nasty bastard when he wanted to be although played the game with a smile on his face.

International Managerial Record with Croatia -

1 August 2006 Present P59 W40 D13 L6 67.80%

YES!! My #1 choice as well

a lot of the "shite" people got was in response to seriously over the top instant hatred for AM on a personal level, which was never gonna help anyone and the responses were quite often in teh same tone as the original post.

i was one of the people who were prepared to give him time, he's had it, he's failed, he should go. doesn't mean that the over the top keyboard warrior BS spouted by a few on here was a presentient revelation though. it's still over the top BS.

im not seeing anyone revelling or gloating that the useless red headed gibbon has proved to be what 75% of the fans thought all along

wishing a turd to actually be a nugget of gold rather than a bum nugget doth not make your rich

the manager is a turd, it was not a turd in sheeps clothing it was a turd dressed up as a shit

it would have been more of a shock had he got us more points, but it would have come with the predicted style of football and tactics

he used the excuses that he didnt have the right players to excuse his shit brand of anti football at the scum, completely different players, different level of skill and quality yet the exact same brand of turgid shit pouring out.

people are just glad that the blind loyalty shown towards this abortion of a manager by some has now been seen.

the shit has been wiped from their eyes and they can actually see him for what he is, clueless useless and tactically inept and a coward who forces players out to the press to defend him as he cant tell the truth for love nor money, just piss poor excuses

child like, my 8 year old lad used to tell lies and make excuses for failing at things, rather than just say he found it too difficult or did not undersatnd

just like the gibbon, excuses upon excuses

lerner needs a bedsheet sized bit of toilet paper to wipe away the gibbon and flush him down the managerial toilet.

If we're taking promising foreigners then I'll have Solskjaer. He walked the Norwegian league with Molde giving them their first ever title using very attacking football. I'm told that's like taking Fulham and walking the Premier League.

I suppose it stands to reason that because labeling them as fickle and 'whiney' is no longer a credible option, given that they were right in their assessments, that we need to re-label them as something else. Either way we are the better fans right? For sticking with the boys and giving big eck a chance!

Quite frankly the appointment of McLeish will go down as one of the blunders of the PL since it's inception, it was an absolutely atrocious appointment that could only go one way. Everyone besides us were having a good laugh about it at the start of the season, and their sides are aching now at the end of it.

The negative way media outlets portray villa fans, which is quite frankly a load of shit, hasn't helped since most feel like they can't even express their true opinions anymore for fear of the fickle brand. You need only use the McClaren fiasco as an example, fans vilified for thinking he wasn't good enough for us, yet we all know what a fantastic job he did at Forest subsequently, spending a few million, putting 7 points on the board then **** off back to Twente blaming the failure of a loan deal.

I saw it coming, i'm not chuffed or contented by this fact. I was angry then because of the appointment itself, exacerbated by those that were prepared to give this buffoon a chance, and i'm angry now because what I thought would happen has happened. That is the only emotion I feel.

If we're taking promising foreigners then I'll have Solskjaer. He walked the Norwegian league with Molde giving them their first ever title using very attacking football. I'm told that's like taking Fulham and walking the Premier League.

I'd like to see that too!

I still think he will be here next season.

Villa fans will accept it and randy will do what ever he can to keep lowering wages and not have to pay compensation.

Maybe that's just me being negative but I really am convinced he will still be our manager next year.

Surely not!

Does anyone know if we have the:

Fewest home wins in a season?

Fewest wins in a season?

fewest points in a season?

fewest goals in a season?

Strangely enough, now that it looks as though he'll be gone come what may, I feel less hatred towards Alex.

I was against the idea from the start but gave him the benefit of the doubt as the second he was no longer SHA manager I ceased to care about where he came from. I even thought he'd be able to sort out our shaky defence, at the very least, and I didn't even expect much from an attacking point of view. What we got, unfortunately, was neither. I'm still, even now, trying to work out our style of play. It's like we're a counter-attacking team without the attacking bit.

I do sympathise with some of the injuries he's had to endure. To lose both first choice centre halves, your captain and best (and only) goalscorer must be a nightmare but, as we had witnessed earlier this season, even with these players fit we were playing terrible defensive football.

For me the inquest begins now. Why was this allowed to happen? and how can we stop it happening next season? are the two biggest questions that need answering.

Good shout actually.

Though no doubt the clowns in charge will probably hire Bruce instead or something.

What I dont understand about McStupid is his attitude.Surley when you are the manager of a football club you want your club to be the best there is.I mean it does"nt matter if you are managing Crawley Town,Rochdale,Man U or Ipswich, surley you want to be the best ? So I dont understand why a manager would have the "lets not lose" attitude " WTF does that prove ?

What I dont understand about McLeish is his attitude.Surley when you are the manager of a football club you want your club to be the best there is.I mean it does"nt matter if you are managing Crawley Town,Rochdale,Man U or Ipswich, surley you want to be the best ? So I dont understand why a manager would have the "lets not lose" attitude " WTF does that prove ?

Italians have been winning World Cups and European Cups doing that for a few decades now, only difference is they had players that can.. you know, move the ball quickly when they do win possession. Our version of a counter involves a measured pass or two, and by measured I mean **** slow, before dribbling toward our goal rather than theirs, eventually resulting in a punt up to heskey.

The Italian method was bred into them at an early age. It's like an anti-Barcelona way. The system starts at day one so by the time they're in the first team, the entire nation knows how to play catanaccio. McLeish wandered into a side with no ethos and a hotch potch of players bought by Houllier and O'Neill - 2 completely different types of manager. He has them playing the only way he knows how. I don't doubt he's doing his best and doing what he believes is the best way to achieve results. But all that proves is that he's not good enough and that he doesn't actually have a clue. Not only that but his motivation abilities are suspect too from where I'm standing. Basically not many boxes ticked for Big Eck.

I'd like to see that too!

Me too :).

Â