The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Protesting is pointless. We protested when he was appointed and it meant nothing. It just makes a club look small-time and the fans look ridiculous.

As others have said staying away is the only way to really protest. I will be at the Bolton game on Tuesday supporting the players but still giving shit to McLeish whenever possible.

'Protesting is pointless'.

'Staying away is the only way to really protest'.

'I will be at the Bolton game on Tuesday'.

Are these contradictory statements or am I missing something?

You're missing something. My point is that for those who want to protest just don't bother turning up in way of protest.

I'm not really into protesting anyway so, as I have said, I will be at the game on Tuesday regardless.

I was just responding to comments relating to people not really protesting at games.

Is that ok?

In Simpsons style, everybody could throw Pretzels at him until he gets knocked down.

...and heeeeere come the pretzels!

Hall of Famer Whitey Ford now out on the field pleading with the crowd for some kind of sanity...

...And a barrage of pretzels now knocking Whitey unconscious.

tumblr_m08brmvYJ31rptyl6o1_500.jpg

Classic :D

I reckon McLeish is in a win-win situation at Villa Park. He won't get sacked even if we finish 17th. Next season all he'll then need to do is improve on that (say by finishing 14th) and the idiots we've got in charge will be smug and claim that he's made 'progress'.

:cry:

I can't understand why people think match protests won't work. OK granted they haven't blackburn. But in general protests at 3 or consectutive home games move the manager on.

If there had been big anto mcleish protests at Stoke, Sunderland, - Mcleish would be closer to the edge.

I am pretty sure he will be removed anyway.

I can't understand why people think match protests won't work. OK granted they haven't blackburn. But in general protests at 3 or consectutive home games move the manager on.

If there had been big anto mcleish protests at Stoke, Sunderland, - Mcleish would be closer to the edge.

I am pretty sure he will be removed anyway.

I have seen plenty of anti management chants over the years and this is the only time where I feel very few people even want to try, its not only frustrating but confusing too! The only analogy I can think of is a battered wife who has been abused that much that she just accepts the shit she is given.

Protesting is pointless. We protested when he was appointed and it meant nothing. It just makes a club look small-time and the fans look ridiculous.

As others have said staying away is the only way to really protest. I will be at the Bolton game on Tuesday supporting the players but still giving shit to McLeish whenever possible.

You are right.Staying away is the only thing management understand because at the end of the day as far as Lerner is concerned Aston Villa is a money making buisness NOT a football club.

You are right.Staying away is the only thing management understand because at the end of the day as far as Lerner is concerned Aston Villa is a money making buisness NOT a football club.

I prefer the pj's and pillow protest though reckon they would take the pillows off us saying there was a risk of a pillow fight, and I have to agree that I thiink we would as that sounds more fun than the game!

I prefer the pj's and pillow protest though reckon they would take the pillows off us saying there was a risk of a pillow fight, and I have to agree that I thiink we would as that sounds more fun than the game!

Yep, it would be too easy for then to prevent us from doing this. Nice idea though.

I reckon we should just keep it simple and have a minute's sleep - everyone just closes their eyes and puts their head back/lies across the empty seat next to them/put their head on their friend's shoulder next to them/on the back of the seat in front etc and pretend to be asleep.

It could be started with a brief chorus of "Go to sleep if you hate Mcleish".

Yep, it would be too easy for then to prevent us from doing this. Nice idea though.

I reckon we should just keep it simple and have a minute's sleep - everyone just closes their eyes and puts their head back/lies across the empty seat next to them/put their head on their friend's shoulder next to them/on the back of the seat in front etc and pretend to be asleep.

It could be started with a brief chorus of "Go to sleep if you hate Mcleish".

Thats brilliant!!! :)

Im all for us fans voicing our dislike of the manager and his regime at games, we pay good money to watch the villa week in week out and dont deserve the shit that we are watching! Im just hoping that lerner and Faulkner have the common sense to realise that Mcleish is clearly not working here, Any human with half a brain cell could figure this out. In my eyes If they do keep Mcleish it shows that deep down they actually dont really care about the club mcleish.

Any arguement about Mcleish being a decent chap (Which I think he is) does not cut the mustard. It means shit if he is working hard, mainly because noting seems to be working. Im all for giving someone time, but it just feels that under Mcleish we are dying a slow death, and in my eyes will not get any better.

McLeish will be here next season as he is the only person who will try to manage our club with no money to spend.

If he had anything about him he would say the job is impossible under the conditions and point out where we will be in 12 months time if the owners persists in this plan.

with the easiest run in out of the clubs below us, i still think we will not finish higher then 15th and that is me being positive

get this **** ginger gibbon out of my club and take the other ginger gibbon faulkner with you

here is the twunt taking the piss yet again

orangutan-drinks-piss.jpg

Â