The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Man Utd up next. Sunderland is going to be a big one.

Wasn't Stoke supposed to be a big one, a must win game...

Thank god all the teams below us lost this weekend

I really hope i don't hear this next month... "Norwich away, a must win game!!"

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30.5k attendance in total (including Stoke fans) on a bank holiday is terrible. It seems people are protesting with their feet more than ever now. Wasn't on TV either was it?

Nope not on TV. I haven't been this season after not missing a home match for 7 years and I don't plan on going again till Mcleish is gone.

Lerner is an idiot.

he has certainly shown that to be true over the past two years.

Don't forget the years prior when he let MON waste money in the transfer market.

A valid point, considering that too... do we really want him here for the next few years?

Faulkner also must go. A clean sweep.

I'm so frustrated at what we've become, his management is disgraceful. 7 wins all season. 7 for **** sake. We're making last season look successful.

I've always found name calling very childish but quite frankly McLeish is an incompetent bellend and should **** off immediately.

Another goal from a set piece.

More dropped points from a winning position.

Another shit result against a team we needed to beat.

So **** sick of this shit now.

I can't wait to hear what he has to say post match, he actually looked pleased with a point and was waving to the crowd. In his deluded head I think he actually thinks he has done well getting a point today and probably honestly thinks he is doing a good job.

The man is a deluded ****.

To think I was against Benitez when he was linked to us ............I would take him in the blink of an eye now if we could get rid of this idiot

My concern is that we have already allowed him to bring in a player for next season, please don't letvLerner keep him on

Personally I think it is about time the local press started applying pressure and reflecting the views of the fans.

They won't do that (especially Kendrick) because they'll miss out on all their Villa exclusives. Villa have them wrapped around their little finger.

When Houllier came in he tried to change the type of football we played, from coiled spring counter attack/set piece meisters to a possession/movement system. The transition was badly implemented and was painful to watch, but come the last few games of the season the team seemed finally to be getting it.

Now - We're poor going forward, poor at the back, poor at possession, poor at set pieces and we constantly have to give 110% just to scrape a draw. We're dreadful to watch when we're winning FFS.

Seen no improvement this season, nothing to build on, no light at the end of the tunnel. I see nothing in AM's previous teams to suggest he has a model suitable for Premier League survival, let alone a European slot.

McLeish to go ASAP please Villa. The next incumbent to get the pre-season, then we have a chance at just the single season of transition.

As I've always said Xann, he has all virtually all of MON and Houllier's negatives but absolutely none of their positives.

probably why he has had 4 out of the 5 times he has managed in relegation battles.

he is crap

I see no progress with this football.. even if McLeish spends £100m on his own players we will still be in a relegation battle in my opinion.

Get rid in the summer - he is just not good enough for the premier league.

I disagree, I think we'd be flying around mid-table with that sort of money.

McLeish to go ASAP please Villa. The next incumbent to get the pre-season, then we have a chance at just the single season of transition.

i count two in a row so far! if we get shot of mcleish, and while i don't like most of the spite poured in his direction, if he manages us to our lowest ever prem total or worse, we go down too, then he i think we should get shot.

if we do it, we should do it as soon as the season is finished and have someone in before the players come back after the euros. the new manager woudl need to be backed heavily and be someone who has shown they can work with talented kids. Zdenek Zeman would be perfect, he's working miracles at pescara with young players, he brought through nesta and totti too in the late 90s. not going to happen though! even though it would be his last shot at the big time.

i think this season would have to be deemed a failure even by mcleish himself if we don't beat 42 points. as such we shoudl consider his position if that is the case. today our kids showed great heart and no shortage of skill. we need to build a team around them and i'm not sure it should be mcleish who gets the chance after this season (unless something very miraculous happens between now and the end of the season):

Â