The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Yeah the same as he did at blues, he had money there you know and did'nt sign 'gems'. He signed Dann, Vidic, Ridgewell to name a few.

people on here where crying out for Dann in January

Ridgewell was signed by Bruce

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But imagine what he could achieve with proper backing! ;)

I know its an unpopular thing to do in making some mitigation for McLeish because its all got worse in time, but I still have a decent chunk of the blame on O'Neill.

I think its all too convenient to lay all the blame on McLeish when most of the players that have not worked out or we have lost oodles of money on was O'Neills signings.

I still think it will happen at Sunderland like it did to us ...in time.

too many who don't want to blame O'Neill for what he has left us.... see's it as convenient to blame Mcleish.

Ps I ain't saying McLeish is blameless or Houllier, just saying O'Neill seems he had two good "get out jail" cards played in his favour.

pps He may not ne here now to do anything about it, but the lack of quality in the players he left behind was his shout.

You can stand on the side of the pitch and shout about attacking as much as you want, but if you're not coaching it into the players during the week it's an irrelevance. Alex Ferguson doesn't just turn up with the teamsheet and meet the squad at Old Trafford on a Saturday and tell them to attack and run rings around their opponents. The hard work is done on the training ground. Passing drills, movement, set pieces, tactics, fitness. It's all done behind the scenes. Or not, it would appear in our case.

well despite all those technical skills muted..... didn't see any of that in O'Neills signings either except the ones that abondoned ship like him....and you can count them on one hand as opposed to the herd he signed that couldn't trap a ball.

I really don't get it. I thought McLeish said we played like Holland? How can he say that he always expected us to be in a relegation fight after claiming that we played football like the "Dutch Masters"?

Get this idiot out of our club now. 7 wins out of 32, with 14 draws already this season is a **** disgrace. Another set-piece goal conceded. What the hell does he do in training as we are worse than last season.

At this stage we I cant be critical of the selection, but we have no attacking idea / no game plan.

How does AM set his side up to score goals? Id love a journo to ask him that.

Fact is we are the lowest scorers in the league apart from Wigan. This is not out of character for AM as they werent even having shots last year at Small Heath

So much for us being better at coming from behind under him. We've dropped 8 points from winning positions in the league in 2012 (plus the Arsenal debacle in the FA Cup) and gained just 1 point from a losing position.

He's still got to go. The last few minutes when we actually tried have a go at them we looked fairly menacing. He's clearly setting the, up very, very defensively.

We're seeing some flashes of quality from the youngsters, with Weimann's goal likely to be one of the highlights of our season. I'm still not convinced by Bannan, although I think the other youngsters stand a chance with the right manager and experienced players around them.

He MUST go. I desperately hope Randy doesn't think throwing money at him is going to help matters. It'll be pissed away and there will be none for the next guy, who'll need to build a squad again. Either way we'll be in a relegation fight. He has to go, it's so **** obvious.

Â