The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly thought Chelsea away on NYE was going to be a turning point. The team had played battled well previously and now we had a convincing results. N'zogbia played well, Ireland play well, things were starting to come together. I expect a better 2nd half of the season and a comfortable mid table finish.

Two days later we were outclassed by Swansea and since then have won TWO league games. Awful.

Question: If you were a player and despised the manager, but had it pretty sweet so didn't want to move clubs, how would you do your bit? By playing like a bag of shite till the manager is sacked?

The squad have been so friggin quiet this season, no personalities anymore, hell, not even anyone playing for a transfer!

why not come up with some chants to get the message across? "**** off mcleish, we don't want you", "you're ruining our club, you're ruining our cluuuuuuub, you scottish tosser, you're ruining our club" and so on?

booing is worthless, because nobody outside the fans knows who the target is. 90 minutes of telling mcleish that it's him we blame, while giving the players encouragement wouldn't be long in showing exactly how we feel

That's exactly what I'm suggesting.

If you actually read the post above yours you'll see that I said we SHOULDN'T boo.

It still means you are wasting time and energy singing pointless chants against the manager when you should be cheering on the team.

why not come up with some chants to get the message across? "**** off mcleish, we don't want you", "you're ruining our club, you're ruining our cluuuuuuub, you scottish tosser, you're ruining our club" and so on?

booing is worthless, because nobody outside the fans knows who the target is. 90 minutes of telling mcleish that it's him we blame, while giving the players encouragement wouldn't be long in showing exactly how we feel

That's exactly what I'm suggesting.

If you actually read the post above yours you'll see that I said we SHOULDN'T boo.

It still means you are wasting time and energy singing pointless chants against the manager when you should be cheering on the team.
I think we should do both.

McLeish has **** up getting us in to the position we are but today the team could not have given anymore in terms of effort. We were however simply not good enough to beat Chelsea. With Bent, Petrov, NZogbia, Dunne, Cuellar in the side maybe we could have got something had we shown the same character. The frustrating thing is of course is that when those players were fit we couldn't produce the goods under McLeish.

He needs to go but whatever happens he is not going until the end of the season at the earliest. With that in mind given the shit we are in and the fact that we are likely to have to play the foreseeable games with a team made up of mostly young/inexperienced players for now it is best that we focus on giving our all in backing the team to secure the points needed to stay up. Once Premier League survival is secured then McLeish is fair game.

The sorry situation for us now is that this poor excuse of a football club manager (can't believe I wrote those last 3 words) will have the perfect (for him) excuse for achieving poor results because he has so many players out injured, he's lost his Captain to illness and he has such a small squad to work with. Now, we all know that is bollocks because a half decent manager would have already accumulated enough points for us to be safe as houses and at the right end of the table. Unfortunately for us though, the men at the very top at our club are oblivious to just how shit a manager this man really is. I mean come on, who else would have paid compensation to their biggest rivals for the man who took them down? It is so pathetic, it is too shameful to even laugh at.

I'm in a weird position at the moment because, although we lost today and I'm disappointed, I dont half care as mush as I would have before. Mostly down to the events of yesterday with Stiliyan, but also, I'm kind of expecting us to go down now - I think we will be caught. I'm thinking that the board are planning on 'doing a Newcastle' gods knows why - but there we go.

Of course, I dont want us to go down and I always thought before that i would cry if we did. But, if we do... After this season, Im pretty certain I won't be shedding a tear.

It's obvious that winning only 7 games in 30 is pathetic... But you know what, if the board don't care, then nor do I I'm afraid. I just won't be spending any money in a rush. It's that simple. I will continue to check the results this season but they will pretty much all be defeats anyway soooo meh.

Some of you will take this the wrong way and say I'm not a fan etc etc but... You know, we're being treated liked crap here and iv had enough

I'm in a weird position at the moment because, although we lost today and I'm disappointed, I dont half care as mush as I would have before. Mostly down to the events of yesterday with Stiliyan, but also, I'm kind of expecting us to go down now - I think we will be caught. I'm thinking that the board are planning on 'doing a Newcastle' gods knows why - but there we go.

Of course, I dont want us to go down and I always thought before that i would cry if we did. But, if we do... After this season, Im pretty certain I won't be shedding a tear.

It's obvious that winning only 7 games in 30 is pathetic... But you know what, if the board don't care, then nor do I I'm afraid. I just won't be spending any money in a rush. It's that simple. I will continue to check the results this season but they will pretty much all be defeats anyway soooo meh.

Some of you will take this the wrong way and say I'm not a fan etc etc but... You know, we're being treated liked crap here and iv had enough

Please mate, don't go there with the whole "do a Newcastle" thing! I sat dejected after the game and said to my Dad and Brother that this whole sorry situation makes me wonder if Randy Lerner thinks that the way forward is to do what Newcastle did. Trouble is, coming back up is not a certainty for anybody! I told myself straight after that I was talking bollocks because it is just too crazy a concept to even imagine.

I wouldn't slag you off for what you said or call you a lesser fan etc. All I would say is that there are probably many who are hurting just like you, myself included. It is just so sad to read the thoughts of the ones who are suffering the most - the fans! Everybody at that club will move on at some point and the vast majority won't give a shit about the Villa. But, we the fans will always have Villa in our hearts and in our blood and we will be the ones remembering these difficult times. Just remember that it should hurt you if we go down and you should care. Randy is loaded and has so much good in his life that he can maybe afford not to give a shit if we lose, but are you in such a lucky position in your life mate?

I'm in a weird position at the moment because, although we lost today and I'm disappointed, I dont half care as much as I would have before. Mostly down to the events of yesterday with Stiliyan, but also, I'm kind of expecting us to go down now - I think we will be caught. I'm thinking that the board are planning on 'doing a Newcastle', god knows why - but there we go.

Some of you will take this the wrong way and say I'm not a fan etc etc but... You know, we're being treated like crap here and iv had enough

Please mate, don't go there with the whole "do a Newcastle" thing! I sat dejected after the game and said to my Dad and Brother that this whole sorry situation makes me wonder if Randy Lerner thinks that the way forward is to do what Newcastle did. Trouble is, coming back up is not a certainty for anybody! I told myself straight after that I was talking bollocks because it is just too crazy a concept to even imagine.

I wouldn't slag you off for what you said or call you a lesser fan etc. All I would say is that there are probably many who are hurting just like you, myself included. It is just so sad to read the thoughts of the ones who are suffering the most - the fans! Everybody at that club will move on at some point and the vast majority won't give a shit about the Villa. But, we the fans will always have Villa in our hearts and in our blood and we will be the ones remembering these difficult times. Just remember that it should hurt you if we go down and you should care. Randy is loaded and has so much good in his life that he can maybe afford not to give a shit if we lose, but are you in such a lucky position in your life mate?

I went there, haha - but then so did you and you have had to try to convince yourself that is not the case. I'm yet to be convinced...

Ah mate, it would be gutting if we went down, it really would... But since, I think around December time, I kind of realised that actually, we are **** awful. Since then I have come to terms with the fact that we are crap and may well go down.

Lerner clearly does not care about the fans or the status of the club or else he would not have allowed this to happen - so until change is made, I can't part with any of my money 'supporting' the troops the way they should be supported.

Â