The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

What a load of horseshit. It's comments like these that will make the fans want him out that little bit more.

This is starting to make him look extremely desperate to blame anyone and anything other than himself. The facts don't lie. We are awful at defending, awful at scoring, awful at keeping possesion of the ball, our number of attempts on goal let alone shots on target (barring the QPR game) is terrible, the man needs to go.

Does he think the likes of Paul Lambert, Roy Hodgson or Brendan Rodgers have a **** magic wand?

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to really hate the bloke and there's not many people I can say that about.

His insistence on blaming everyone else and taking 0 responsibility is growing tiresome. Surely a good manager takes the flack and puts his hands up while bigging up the players and acting as a buffer.

I've had enough now. I draw the line with the bloke. I'm sick of hearing how nice a guy he is. In my opinion he's a coward plain and simple. He's happy to take his huge wages and blame the players and fans for all his shortcomings.

Please, please Randy do the right thing before we all regret it.

From his comments, I fully expect the side to be Given, Warnock, Collins, Cuellar, Hutton, a central midfield of Petrov & Gardner, Gabby, Ireland, N'Zogbia and Albrighton OR Heskey.

He mentions that Wiemann could play 'if there is a problem with the 2 aforementioned players' (Gabby & Ireland).

If I'm right, I don't really mind whether Heskey or Marc plays. Marc has been average recently and Heskey only has his moments sparingly. Maybe Marc edges it actually...

Can't someone from the PR department explain to him that saying things like :

“I’ve not got a magic wand and I don’t think there are a lot of managers who could do a lot better than the job I am doing just now,” said the Villa boss.

are disastrous and won't sit well with anyone - fans, players, journos. Isn't there at least one properly professional person working at the club?

Oh dear,

While not being a huge fan by any means, I cant say I have not had patience with Mcliesh - more than most anyway. But his comment regarding not many managers would be doing a better job is head in hands time for me.

I said at the beginning of the season, that we should be aiming for 8th/9th and anything less I would be dissapointed. I still feel that should be our aim and still think it is more than achievable.

However, things must improve and current form is not acceptable and whilst I dont blame Mcliesh fully for that form, i feel he needs to, at the very least, acknowledge that things must improve dramatically.

“I’ve not got a magic wand and I don’t think there are a lot of managers who could do a lot better than the job I am doing just now,” said the Villa boss.

keep telling yourself that you loser

no wins at home all year

15th in the table

negative poor football

has made bent and n zogbias form poor due to his rubbish tactics

cant take this guy seriously anymore

Oh dear,

While not being a huge fan by any means, I cant say I have not had patience with Mcliesh - more than most anyway. But his comment regarding not many managers would be doing a better job is head in hands time for me.

I said at the beginning of the season, that we should be aiming for 8th/9th and anything less I would be dissapointed. I still feel that should be our aim and still think it is more than achievable.

However, things must improve and current form is not acceptable and whilst I dont blame Mcliesh fully for that form, i feel he needs to, at the very least, acknowledge that things must improve dramatically.

That would be my take, pretty much word for word.

I know how hard I work and I want a bit of respite

Quit then.

Every fan has an obligation in my mind to try and force him to quit

Lerner doesn't have the balls to sack him and anyway we couldn't afford the compensation it will take so every fan must do their duty for the club and try and get him to resign to save the club some money

keep telling yourself that you loser

no wins at home all year

15th in the table

negative poor football

has made bent and n zogbias form poor due to his rubbish tactics

cant take this guy seriously anymore

Tru dat. unfortunately

Given that he'd lose a fortune walking away, I think the only way of getting rid would be sacking and a payoff. I think that's a larger consequence of the game nowadays. Managers don't really care if a club is suffering under their leadership. They won't leave themselves out of pocket.

There is no chance of McLeish quitting, none. Managers rarely quit jobs these days unless they do so to move to a better one and that certainly isn't going to happen in this example. Why would McLeish quit? Why would he walk away with nothing when he knows that if the club want rid of him he will walk away with a couple of million in his back pocket? He won't, not a chance.

He will hang on until Randy finally has the balls to admit his mistake and swallows his pride to pay him off, something he should be getting more than used to having to do.

Its a mess a total and utter mess, we've a manager who is failing and an owner unable or unwilling to recognise that fact. There is no way McLeish can turn things around off the pitch and little to suggest he can turn it around on it.

It isn't just McLeish that is deluded it is Faulkner and Lerner, they are both totally deluded. McLeish could well take us down this season and even if he doesn't and we stay up then Villa Park is likely to be a very quiet and empty place next season.

Even at this point in the season 8th or 8th is achievable if the manager had even an ounce of (real) winning mentality. Set out to win, and sure we might lose more, but we'd win a heck of a lot more with the players at our disposal. With players like Ireland, N'Zogbia, Gabby, Bent, Petrov, Gardner playing with the tenacity they showed during the 2nd half of the QPR game, we would have completely smashed Wigan and picked up 3 points to boot. But instead, we have no real intent to attack or win the game...and we end up getting a point (any other team than Wigan and we would have lost as even they were posing us some questions). This has become all too typical of our season, and McLeish is surely to blame for that?

Yes Trent I sadly agree I know he will not quit despite being told he is a decent man.

Neither O'Neill nor Houllier did the decent thing and quit, so McLeish certainly won't.

No decency in football any more.

Â