The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Randy has completely **** things up.

If we keep mcleish we risk going down and i dread to think what next season will bring.

On the flipside though i doubt we'd get the manager we need long term at this point in the season.

Lerner has made us an extremely unattractive option to managers. Did Doug ever do that?

We're really in the shit. Even if AM goes, things would most likely get worse not better. Should have just got Hughes (even though he's as average as they come) for this season. But then again he'd want plenty of money which wouldn't be available to him. I guess Martinez was our best option then :(.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we want to go there i'm sure Martinez would come to us after this season. We should be aiming higher though if we are to change the manager.

Whatever happens in the summer we must rid the club of the MON loyalists that continue to drag us down. Transfer budgets must be made so a new manager or McLeish can put out his own team. Break it up and start again with or without Mcleish.

just reading some newcastle boards and they cant believe their luck

"many probably mentioned this around 3-30pm but i was surprised with villa second half. they really had the better of the back end of the first half, equalised and played well. you'd expect them to really come out at the start of the second half but instead it was like big fat sam had been in the changing room and they just lumped it in the hope bent may get something to fall to him. strange!"

"Yeah they put too much pressure on Bent with endless balls hit in hope over the top. I think N'Zogbia was causing us trouble and McLeish kindly brought him off for Heskey. Nice."

like i said yesterday, we are the most generous club in the league at the moment, if the opposition aren't winning then we will happily bend over for them...

Alex McLeish must be Father Christmas

Sigh, we are stuck with this incompetent manager until he relegates us, RL is just either not interested or completely stupid.

Steven Ireland, take a bow son you spoke for 99% of Villans! **** off Mcleish just **** off.

Something needs to change asap. Ive backed him and supported him, but im sorry, enough is enough.

You only have to look at what MON has done with Sunderland, the same set of players (give or take) that Bruce had and look at them.

I will always respect McLeish for having the balls to take the job, but there is no room in football for niceties.

We are the next Nottingham Forest. Thanks McLeish for making a team containing CNZ, Bent, Gabby, Ireland, and Warnock so shit.

cant blame mcleish for warnock being the wors player in the premiership this season

The Championship has been littered with teams 'too good to go down!' Have we become so arrogant to think otherwise?

I stated before Christmas that our present owner had a simple choice to make. Either sack AM and bring in another manager and provide him with funds, or financially back AM with funds in the January transfer window to hopefully secure our Premiership status.

Randy has done neither and one would think he has felt that the squad and our new manager has enough quality to keep us in the Premiership.

If we lose against Man City, will Randy still think that our present squad and manager will have enough fighting qualities to get out of trouble?

With Keane returning to America at the business end of the season and the present media reports suggesting discontent within our squad, coupled with constantly selling your best players and not replacing them, history would suggest, would it not, that any club suffering those consequences, normally finds itself being relegated?

Something needs to change asap. Ive backed him and supported him, but im sorry, enough is enough.

You only have to look at what MON has done with Sunderland, the same set of players (give or take) that Bruce had and look at them.

I will always respect McLeish for having the balls to take the job, but there is no room in football for niceties.

I agree the bigger problem if we are considering how to mount our challenge to the top 4 is Randy Lerner. But the biggest and current problem we face is having a manager who is outdated and tactically clueless...whose teams play a brand of anti passing non possesion football that is 3 times worse than under MON!!

It really is shocking that we would pay money for Eck to Blues and give him a contract more than a year long...terrible terrible decision from the Aston Villa big wigs in charge :evil:

Would Lambert leave Norwich for us? And if he does, who's to say he won't do the same to us leaving us with Bruce or some shit? We had a chance with Martinez. Has a track record of at least trying to build something at the clubs he manages, and plays football the right way. We know the players have the ability to play, but AM's excessive cautiousness doesn't allow them to express themselves. Martinez' Wigan never change their playing style despite losing 4 games on the bounce etc. so he's clearly someone who sticks to his guns.

He would never have been my first choice, but considering the options (and the hand we were dealt), maybe the board shouldn't have played Mr. Nice Guy in the summer.

The Championship has been littered with teams 'too good to go down!' Have we become so arrogant to think otherwise?

I stated before Christmas that our present owner had a simple choice to make. Either sack AM and bring in another manager and provide him with funds, or financially back AM with funds in the January transfer window to hopefully secure our Premiership status.

Randy has done neither and one would think he has felt that the squad and our new manager has enough quality to keep us in the Premiership.

If we lose against Man City, will Randy still think that our present squad and manager will have enough fighting qualities to get out of trouble?

With Keane returning to America at the business end of the season and the present media reports suggesting discontent within our squad, coupled with constantly selling your best players and not replacing them, history would suggest, would it not, that any club suffering those consequences, normally finds itself being relegated?

I share your concerns. I have thought this since the beginning of the season. Even though we have never been in the bottom three yet, we have never looked like being 100% safe at any point. We just don't seem to be able to string together any kind of good form, the sort of form that helps you climb the table. We have hovered all season just above the bottom 3, without ever looking like leaving them behind and being able to relax and look forward and upwards.

My concern is that at this time of year the teams that looked dead and buried in December sometimes find some fight and form and put a run together, and someone from mid table usually drops down into the fight. My only hope is that the teams down the bottom don't find that fight this season, as we don't look like finding any consitant form any time soon to keep us safe.

We are the next Nottingham Forest. Thanks McLeish for making a team containing CNZ, Bent, Gabby, Ireland, and Warnock so shit.

cant blame mcleish for warnock being the wors player in the premiership this season

Sorry, the last bit was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

In all serious though, we are buggered with AMC in charge.

Its not even the sad fact he's a bluenose....though God knows thats reason enough to be vilified and persecuted by all and sundry. He's proving himself week in/out to be totally inadequate for the job. The results don't lie I'm afraid, which ultimately lies at the managers door and this bloke just does'nt seem to have a clue how to dig himself and the club out of this great big hole he's digging us.

Yesterday was unbelievable. We went in at half time as the side 'most likely to', then came out and practically invited Newcastle to win the game. There was no cohesion, players were distinctly uncomfortable and (no smoke without fire) the subbing of Ireland completely altered the look of the team. When he took N'Zogbia off for the mighty Heskey, I just laughed.....game over.

He does'nt have the fans, he does'nt have the players and, if theres any justice in this world, it won't be long before he does'nt have a job!!

You cant fault his passion, and he's right in what he says that he kicks every ball. As a person, he is great, but unfortunately as a Premier League manager he is just not good enough.

The squad is there, but for what ever reason the players only ever seem to be playing at 80% with the exception of a couple.

Like i say, i respect him but just cant see us being anything other than a mid to lower half team with him in charge. Our squad on paper is impressive.

Â