The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm by no means happy with Mcleish, nor have I ever really wanted him at our club, but are there any realistic alternatives out there right now? I'm not saying this to be argumentative, I'm just curious as to everyone's opinions.

I'm by no means happy with Mcleish, nor have I ever really wanted him at our club, but are there any realistic alternatives out there right now? I'm not saying this to be argumentative, I'm just curious as to everyone's opinions.

Alternatives? About 6,999,999,999?

Your not being argumentative, im just saying Id rather have my 3 legged cat as manager than Alex Mcshite.

It's been over 7 months and I still can't get my head around this guy as our manager.

I've been reading the H&V site abit and what a bunch of happy clappers. There's quite a few who are making excuses for him despite the statistics proving why he has relegations. Some take it further by thinking he's doing a good job. :|

Whats H&V stand for? Sounds like a good place.

It's been over 7 months and I still can't get my head around this guy as our manager.

I've been reading the H&V site abit and what a bunch of happy clappers. There's quite a few who are making excuses for him despite the statistics proving why he has relegations. Some take it further by thinking he's doing a good job. :|

Heroes & Villans

Heroes & Villans

Cheers.

I don't care what clubs McLeish managed in the past and he seems like a genuine and pretty decent bloke. When he started at Villa, and I still have not quite got over the shock of how low we aimed with all the candidates that were bandied around at the time, I thought its a clean slate for me and maybe he's a much better manager than it appeared as he was supported so poorly at SHA. Bottom line it was a case of trusting Lerner and Faulkner.

Once he became our manager its all about the results and what happens on the pitch. The past is the past and its a new season. The trouble is what we have seen is so very poor. I think, unlike many fans, that we have a pretty decent squad of players and its all about how they are organised, trained and motivated and that is the managers job.

Without repeating in detail what has be endlessly debated on VT we are now treated to inept negative football from what is, to me at least, is clearly a poorly organised, demotivated side. The only bright spot I can see is the progression of some of our younger players.

Personally I see us sliding further down the table and flirting with relegation this season. In fact if we were relegated I would not be surprised. We have all the ingredients we saw at SHA last season: can't score and concede too many soft goals coupled with the inability to get the best out of players.

The fans have sussed it out which is reflected in the attendances. I thought much of the drop was economy based but when you look at attendances across the Premiership I would attribute most if not all of our decline to what is happening at the club. Put simply the fans are voting with their feet. I shudder to think what is going to happen to season ticket sales next season if we are say 14 this season, sell Bent and don't reinvest the money and then carry on with McLeish as manager.

The bit I find the most worrying is I really do think the club does not see it. It all smacks to me papering over the cracks. I don't have a problem with the financial austerity as the mess of the MON era, which I blame on the club as much as him, had to be cleared up. What I do have a problem with is the manager.

I think we could have a got a good young manager who would have been happy to manage the club through straightened times which, coupled with what the club has said or inferred to the media about wages and money, would have seen most fans happy. Couple that with some decent football and better home form we would accept mid table for a couple of season as we were building something.

The really ironical thing is I would have Chris Huyton as our manager in a heartbeat. A really good younger manager who is doing a great job at SHA with naff all resources and support having done well at Newcastle previously.

I think we could have a got a good young manager who would have been happy to manage the club through straightened times which, coupled with what the club has said or inferred to the media about wages and money, would have seen most fans happy. Couple that with some decent football and better home form we would accept mid table for a couple of season as we were building something.

Agree with this completely.

If we were playing better football, if we could see a plan to be competitive again, if we could see the potential of what could be built we as fans could accept some time drifting in midtable.

Instead we have a manager who plays awful football and there is little evidence to suggest he could build anything decent on a tight budget. Attendences are dropping and for me my feelings about going to villa park are the same as when DOL was in charge for his last season.

Still can't believe how quickly the Randy Lerner dream died.

Harry's post states exactly as how I see it, though I still wonder how anyone could buy up the club and not think of the longer term financial consequences. Be that as it may be.

Another problem is, if AM is removed (which is unlikely), will the board be capable of appointing a suitable replacement? I ask as the appointment of AM seemed so utterly contrary to the expectations of the supporters.

As for the supporters voting with their feet, apparently Villa's %age attendance is now down to 80.3% of capacity, which (%-wise) puts Villa 16th in a table of the 20 Prem clubs.

16th? That's awful, truly awful. It's not THAT surprising though given the way we're performing these days.

Sad times.

These are (apparently) the clubs with average attendances below 90% capacity:

88.2 Wolverhampton (25,161 of 28,525)

85.1 Queens Park (17,024 of 20,000)

83.1 Everton (33,406 of 40,157)

80.5 Bolton (23,125 of 28,723)

80.3 ASTON VILLA (34,395 of 42,788)

79.2 Sunderland (38,830 of 49,000)

71.6 Blackburn (22,469 of 31,367)

69.6 Wigan (17,513 of 25,138)

I am in error by previously stating that Villa are 16th in this table, As can be seen, the club's position is 17th.

All the blame has to go to the guy that offered him the job and continues to employ him.

Mcleish is shit but anyone would have took the job when in the situation he was and no one would quit and walk away from millions.

Yet again the great Randy Lerner has **** up and held back the progress of the sports team he owns. Maybe he should pick a team in a different sport, go for the hat trick of **** ups.

Â