The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

I bet the optimistic crowd can't wait to give him kudos but they have to remember it was against Wolves and he's still only managed to pick up a mere 6 wins out of 22. Still poor and has to go.

You also have to remember that we won Chelsea away and in the next game we lost against Swansea at home with ease. Don't get too carried away in the QPR match, especially when we're faced against Hughes.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No credit for the Keane signing then? Lets just stick the boot in shall we ....for me McLeish has done little wrong in the last 2 months and I NEVER thought I would say that after the debacle against Spurs and Liverpool.

Still don't love the guy but he deserves some credit IMO. Today he started Gardner and dropped Warnock which took some balls. Keane was different class in the second half.

No credit for the Keane signing then? Lets just stick the boot in shall we ....for me McLeish has done little wrong in the last 2 months and I NEVER thought I would say that after the debacle against Spurs and Liverpool.

Still don't love the guy but he deserves some credit IMO. Today he started Gardner and dropped Warnock which took some balls. Keane was different class in the second half.

What? He's got a lot wrong in the last 2 months.

However, it was a good win today and I'm certainly not complaining about that. Our home form is still abysmal though so it would be nice to get a run going with a win against QPR.

Deserved the discontent for the abysmal first half, but he signed Keane and Keane won us the game, add to the fact the whole team was in much better shape. So fair play for the win, but if we perform like the 1st half next week he will deserve the negativity he gets again.

What? He's got a lot wrong in the last 2 months.

However, it was a good win today and I'm certainly not complaining about that. Our home form is still abysmal though so it would be nice to get a run going with a win against QPR.

What I forgot to add is that our 'experienced' defenders have let him and the club down on several occassions ....perhaps he should have dropped Collins and Warnock sooner. Still think Cuellar is far superior to Collins so perhaps something he should have addressed but overall stand by my point that McLeish is doing much better recently.

Our home form is still abysmal though so it would be nice to get a run going with a win against QPR.

This is a major point isn't it? No win at home in 5 games and QPR potentially being another problem team to face with Hughes in charge. It could well be another draw.

Meanwhile, congrats to the team on getting a win. That win today was totally necessary i.m.o.

**** off. Just **** off. I know it's only half time but it's clear he needs to go. Worst Villa manager in my lifetime. We're in it now.

Is this how people become "star players" on Villa Talk.

Watch 90 mins then we'll discuss hey?

AMC deserves credit today as:

a) He signed Keane

B) He dropped Warnock (who later came on with a point to prove)

c) Didnt drop Albrighton (would've been easy after last weeks mistake, maybe the Zoggy/Ireland injuries played his hand?)

d) Giving Gardner a start (maybe due to injuries again however)

Still a long way to go though.

I dont think we are that bad at defending set pieces. Proportionately we defend a lot of corners well, but we give shit loads of corners away. Is this due to our weak midfield or the full backs having less defensive cover from the wingers this season?

The point is Lerg that if McEck is so brilliant why does he continue with Waldorf and Stadler at CB and not play Cuellar? That was a potentially Premier place keeping game as a loss today (and on the 1st half a well deserved loss) and we would have been in it.

Trouble is he is incapable tactically of changing during the game, we were 'lucky' with Dingdong getting done by Petrov and Henry being a prat. If those 2 things had not have happened we would be well in the shite tonight

Having said that because of the mess the club are in 3 points matter above all else

This does nothing but paper over cracks for me.

It was obvious that midfield would get swamped and it did, big time, for about 30 minutes after our goal. No tactical or team changes were made, at all. They just romped all over us and the game should have been out of sight, against any half decent side, it would have been.

Second half, the formation change was necessary but lacked imagination. Take nothing away from Keanes two strikes, they were quality, but we aint gonna get them every week.

The equaliser and sending off should have seen us up the tempo and hit Wolves whilst they were disorganised, instead we slowed the pace and showed no attacking intent. No substitution to push things on, no team direction from the side lines. Nothing. Where the hell was McLeish.

Another wonder strike later we need to be seeing out the game. So what does McLeish do, takes off Gardener and brings on that defensive ballwark, Bannan. That was asking for trouble and we got it for the last 10 minutes.

I dont know who is making these decisions, McLeish or Grant as it all seems to be by committee, but they wer tactically naive and we were lucky they didnt cost us.

I enjoyed today, but I am under no illusions that McLeish is still not the right man for the job.

He hasn't sorted the set piece situation since pre season.. he is at fault for this.
Indeed. I think he just needs to come out and admit he can't do anything about it. I know Houllier got slaughtered for saying that but clearly there was some truth in it. When you have a back four as crap as Warnock, Dunne, Collins and Hutton you are going to be weak at this kind of thing.

I dont think we are that bad at defending set pieces

:shock:

Maybe quote me in context ... ??

Apologies for trying to make a point for discussion...

Mcleish Out!

Hope we lose to our rivals so he gets sacked!

Keane will pull a hamstring!

Collins is Shit!

Petrov only lasts 60 minutes!

Can I have VT legendary status now please?

The point is Lerg that if McEck is so brilliant why does he continue with Waldorf and Stadler at CB and not play Cuellar? That was a potentially Premier place keeping game as a loss today (and on the 1st half a well deserved loss) and we would have been in it.

Trouble is he is incapable tactically of changing during the game, we were 'lucky' with Dingdong getting done by Petrov and Henry being a prat. If those 2 things had not have happened we would be well in the shite tonight

Having said that because of the mess the club are in 3 points matter above all else

Denis, you and I are in accord - believe me! Your points are sound.

I just have to say a win is a win ... But I remain very anxious about our home record.

Deserves credit for the team selection and making the necessary changes when required.

Explain? Gabby was ill and couldn't continue so he had to make that change, then when we are trying to see out the game takes of a DM and puts BB on, at that point it was clear they intended to throw the kitchen sink at us

Deserves credit for the team selection and making the necessary changes when required.

Explain? Gabby was ill and couldn't continue so he had to make that change, then when we are trying to see out the game takes of a DM and puts BB on, at that point it was clear they intended to throw the kitchen sink at us

Maybe he saw Kightly having a field day against Clark who had no protection from his winger and decided the experience of Warnock would prove more effective. A substitute born out of necessity because of Gabby's illness but he could have easily brought somebody else on instead.

Â