The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

McLiesh set the team out well today, credit where credit it due. Its not his fault that Benty didn't put away some of those chances to make the game more comforable in the second half. Its a step, now his biggest task is not taking 2 steps back at home against Liverpool and Arsenal. If the team can play with the urgency they had today, then thats a start I guess.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not get carried away with a narrow win against the team that are bottom of the league.

Let's wait and see what happens against Liverplop, Arsehole, Chelski and Stoke.

The first half was okay today but the second half we almost reverted to type.

One swallow does not a summer make.

And on the other side of the coin we shouldn't get too upset if we do badly against 3 teams who are way above our station and a notorious bogey side.

Let's not get carried away with a narrow win against the team that are bottom of the league.

And on the other side of the coin we shouldn't get too upset if we do badly against 3 teams who are way above our station and a notorious bogey side.

Way above our station! My, how low some people have sunk.

The games against Liverplop and Arsehole are at home and 'Bogey Side' is a lame excuse used by those with no belief or aspiration to win.

To be fair to him I liked this quote from McLeish on N'Zogbia:

“It’s not about the finer things in life – cars, houses. It’s about prestige, being a top player."

Says to me that Mcleish is definitely a fan of COD.

The games against Liverplop and Arsehole are at home and 'Bogey Side' is a lame excuse used by those with no belief or aspiration to win.

What are you talking about? What he says is true, we dont have great records against these sides even when we were in the dizzy heights of 6th. Its got nothing to do with sinking low or having no aspiration to win.

Also to your previous post no one is getting carried away just a little bit of credit given where due and hope it continues. People saying Lerner out are getting more carried away.

It has nothing to do with aspiration. It's called reality .

The vast majority of Villa's trophy cabinet was won before World War 2. We havent' done anything of note for around 30 years now and Arsenal , Liverpool and Chelsea have been major players in England and Europe since 1982. They are way above our station and I haven't sunk anywhere . We are exactly where we usually are . We are an average top flight team and unless something amazing happens we probably always will be . People can sulk all they like about not being a force but that's just how things have panned out unfortunately . You can aspire all you like but if we don't have the resources then you'll be constantly disappointed .

we beat arsenal and liverpool last season. We can get points from them, albeit its difficult and our team has been weakened since then. Credit for a win I wasn't expecting and an attitude that was necessary - personally I suspect he was aware of the pressure to play some better football and went with the two wingers slightly reluctantly. Now that it paid off, he'll be crucified if he reverts to negative type next week.

We can beat Liverpool certainly, Arsenal will be much trickier and Stoke away is possible to. wins v plop and stoke are not implausible, but 2 draws and a loss to arsenal is no disaster - relative to meagre expectations - either.

he'll be crucified if he reverts to negative type next week.

Absolutely and with Gabby suspended he'll surely be tempted to start Emile.

We can beat Liverpool certainly, Arsenal will be much trickier

I feel the opposite, whilst they may have Suarez suspended so is our best player. Their defence is tight to say the least and if he does revert to a negative style we will struggle to create especially against that defence. Arsenal on the other hand are anything but tight at the back and Mertesacker may well be having nightmares about Gabby after the game plus at the moment they heavy rely on that "average" player RVP :)

It has nothing to do with aspiration. It's called reality .

The vast majority of Villa's trophy cabinet was won before World War 2. We havent' done anything of note for around 30 years now and Arsenal , Liverpool and Chelsea have been major players in England and Europe since 1982. They are way above our station and I haven't sunk anywhere . We are exactly where we usually are . We are an average top flight team and unless something amazing happens we probably always will be . People can sulk all they like about not being a force but that's just how things have panned out unfortunately . You can aspire all you like but if we don't have the resources then you'll be constantly disappointed .

I was going to go into an 'Aim for the stars' type of quote but I can't be bothered as it would be lost on someone with little or no aspirations.

What?

In fact why bother turning up. I mean we only beat Arsenal 2-1 and Liverplop 1-0, how very dare we.

Stop making excuses for the man and the team and actually what we could do if we had someone to install some belief. I was on a FA course yesterday so only saw the highlights, but it didnt appear to be a romp against what is arguably one of the poorest teams in the league on current form.

We have only beaten:

Bolton

Wigan

Blackburn

Norwich

Hardly a whos who of quality is it? Against everyone else we have run and hid and I expect us to revert back to 5-4-1 as an "attacking" formation despite the obvious balance a 4-4-2 brings us.

Â