The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

Ive been a defender of McLeish from the start, i wasnt happy with his appointment but i was prepared to give him my support and wished him all the best. But im sorry, last night was a complete joke! As soon as Gary Neville put the starting line up on Sky, i was always going to be a case of 'how many will we lose by?'.

Fair enough, i think that 99% of expected us to return to Villa Park with **** all to show for our efforts, as Spurs were always going to be the better team, 2nd best team on form in the league and a number of players we could only dream of having. But for **** sake! If your going to lose at least go down having a go! We were beat before the whistle blew to start the game, i mean if you going to be negative and play a game of damage limitation, for me you may as well have a pop at them and lose 4 or 5! Show some **** bottle and a bit of character and at least we walk away with our heads held high saying 'fair play, we tried but were soundly beaten by the far superior team'.

Last night was a disgrace.

Well said, sums up my feelings as well. I have been of the mind to give him a chance to prove me wrong, sadly he has proven me right, and that hurts like hell.

What has it come to that we end up like this. As you say, at least show some intent in the game. You never know, sometimes attack is the best line of defence, keep them occupied further up the pitch and give them something to think about at the very least.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only surprise to me is that it has taken so many so long to realise just how inept the Ginger Tw*t is.

I just feel completely frustrated as a Villa fan at the minute. How do we convince RL - who clearly knows FA about football - that this guy needs to go asap if we are to stand any chance of sorting this mess out and getting the fans back on board. The pathetic words in his interview - including that bizarre reference to Ferguson's letter - just make me even more frustrated and highlights how out of touch RL is.

To be fair, I don't think anybody wanted Mcdefend or trusted him, we just gave him a chance.

Ive been a defender of McLeish from the start, i wasnt happy with his appointment but i was prepared to give him my support and wished him all the best. But im sorry, last night was a complete joke! As soon as Gary Neville put the starting line up on Sky, i was always going to be a case of 'how many will we lose by?'.

Fair enough, i think that 99% of expected us to return to Villa Park with **** all to show for our efforts, as Spurs were always going to be the better team, 2nd best team on form in the league and a number of players we could only dream of having. But for **** sake! If your going to lose at least go down having a go! We were beat before the whistle blew to start the game, i mean if you going to be negative and play a game of damage limitation, for me you may as well have a pop at them and lose 4 or 5! Show some **** bottle and a bit of character and at least we walk away with our heads held high saying 'fair play, we tried but were soundly beaten by the far superior team'.

Last night was a disgrace.

Agreed, will you still defend AM or is that it now? Personally I can understand fans who gave him a chance but last nights team setup and his comments on the OS today where he pretty much takes no responsibility for the loss and mainly blames the players saying they "owe him" should make everyone realise he is the wrong man for Villa. Shit manager with shit record, shit tactics. Proud history, very murky future if this continues. javascript:emoticon(':cry:')

For me mate, that game was the straw that broke the camels back. Im done with him.

He has decent players, who can excite people and cause 90% of the teams in the league problems, but he continues to be negative and defensive and slowly but surely he is stripping the team of any creative spark we had. He doesnt realise that he has the players who can hurt teams and he doesnt need to be so restricted in his tactics and set-up.

He is dragging this club down to his level. Game over.

Fair dues mate, a good summary.

"We started well, both halves, we went right at Spurs and had a couple of chances," he told Sky Sports.

when he says "we went right at spurs" is he talking about the first 30 seconds of the first half and the first minute of the second half?

hilarious...what about the other 88.5 minutes Alex? do you realise how **** amateur you sound mentioning our one shot on goal?

watch out league, Villa are coming "right at you!" with their 30 seconds of pressure!

The only surprise to me is that it has taken so many so long to realise just how inept the Ginger Tw*t is.

I just feel completely frustrated as a Villa fan at the minute. How do we convince RL - who clearly knows FA about football - that this guy needs to go asap if we are to stand any chance of sorting this mess out and getting the fans back on board. The pathetic words in his interview - including that bizarre reference to Ferguson's letter - just make me even more frustrated and highlights how out of touch RL is.

To be fair, I don't think anybody wanted Mcdefend or trusted him, we just gave him a chance.

There are a number of posters on here saying that they could understand the appointment at the time. Well I am sorry, but I just couldn't.

1. He is not a very good manager in the Premier League - his record demonstrates this.

2. He has always played very negative football.

3. He has never demonstrated an ability to bring through youth in English football.

4. He came from the Blues and this was always going to put additional pressure on him and, consequently, the players AND, as importantly, alienate a large portion of the fan base.

Ive defended him since day 1 but last nights line up was a joke and so was the performance..i rather sit and watch paint dry than his way of football.

He's got to go sooner rather than later

It was a struggle to watch the 90 minutes.

When spurzz sing are we West Ham in disguise I think I and the football world know our once bright light is in danger of going out for good.

We can only rely on history if there are people alive to remember it.

As bad as Mcleish is he was the perfect choice for Lerner

1. Cheapish

2. Just so happy to be in a job in the PL

3. Accepted the better players would go and not be replaced (even if they stayed he wouldn't know what to do with them)

4. Accepted no transfer kitty to speak of

5. Accepted the club was looking for mediocrity (Not sure he can even deliver that)

Mclesih is only partly to blame

Lerner takes the lion's share

His set up last night is the reason we lost, you might as well say to the players we aren't going to win today.

Ranks up there with the Manchester City FA cup shambles last season for throwing a game before kick off.

Do not persist with Hutton or Heskey please, and if you insist then play them in the **** positions. Heskey is NOT a winger. Hutton is NOT a winger.

Nzogbia will have such shot confidence now because he was alright against Norwich and I think would have done well against Spurs.

Dreadful stuff and he needs to go, I've had enough.

1. Cheapish

3. Accepted the better players would go and not be replaced (even if they stayed he wouldn't know what to do with them)

5. Accepted the club was looking for mediocrity (Not sure he can even deliver that)

An interesting point of view.

Lerner backed MON to the hilt, Man City money changed the game, the world is in debt and he got his fingers burnt. He needed to find someone that fit your description (except the last point - you're just point scoring there) with one additional remit: Must have worked in the Premier League before.

But he's no football expert. I'm pretty sure he'd admit that. And I'm certain he didn't make this decision without advice from those who claim they are.

So is the blame his?

Or is it those who advised him in favour of McLeish?

Or is it McLeish for promising/agreeing to deliver what he (so far) has not?

1. Cheapish

Spot on post.

1. Cheapish

Come on Richard, McLeish is very much to blame as well with his tactics and motivation. I'm aware of your dislike of Lerner and I too think it was a ridiculously poor appointment but for performances like this the blame is squarely on the players and the manager.

The thing about McLeish is, I couldn't give a crap about his SHA connections. It was always his league record that troubled me. Given the immense pressure he's been under since the start you just cannot afford to go into these games with such negative tactics. I'm pretty sure McLeish knows that the absolute worst thing for fans is when the team don't have a go, so why did he set his team up to just tamely submit in the first place?

I'm not calling for his head yet. As a rule I think managers should be given time, but I really don't think McLeish offers us ANYTHING. The two things people said his teams have - fight and a solid defence - are absent. The defence in particular is a major concern.

I think we should see how things go up until Christmas. If the same shit continues then I would advocate getting rid and giving the new manager money to spend in January (I know this won't happen regardless of performances though). However, after January I think we should stick with him until the end of the season, by which time either McLeish would've improved (unlikely) or Randy will see sense and get rid (also unlikely).

So is the blame his?

Or is it those who advised him in favour of McLeish?

Or is it McLeish for promising/agreeing to deliver what he (so far) has not?

Yes.

Those who advised depend on those who asked for advice. The man who got the decision is the man you have to look at.

You don't know what McLeish has promised/agreed to deliver.

1. Cheapish

Come on Richard, McLeish is very much to blame as well with his tactics and motivation. I'm aware of your dislike of Lerner and I too think it was a ridiculously poor appointment but for performances like this the blame is squarely on the players and the manager.
I have not said Mcleish is not to blame, but he would not be in a position for his tactics and motivation to have any affect on the team if he was not brought in by Lerner.

Many of us could see this as clear as day before he was appointed , yet Lerner gave him the job.

Can't blame Mcleish for being here can you.

I am not just talking about performances like this, I am talkig about the whole thing.

I do not dislike Lerner, much like you did not dislike MON in the months before he left us, I just do not rate him.

Mcleish is working is a group of average players. Only Start quality players in the squad are Given and Bent.

Fact is our midfield is full of misfits.

However AM hasnt still has not sorted the midfield out, it changes all too often. We need a run of games with the same players in the same position to build some momentum.

dya reckon he would have benched Young and Downing in favour of Hutton and Heskey like he did with Zog and Albrighton yesterday?

the only defencei can think of for mcleish is that he simply doesnt trust our wingers to do enough damage and thought having no wingers would give us a better chance of getting a result...

not much of a defence coz its a crazy tactic but at the same time it would be hard to imagine Alex playing those tactics with Young and Downing still here...

Zog, Ireland, Bannan and Marc must be so shot of confidence

Â