The, he's finally GONE! Tell us your thoughts Thread

Richard

Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. Do you THINK McLeish will be gone by next season?

• Yes I think he will
    • No I think he will be here

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McCluess is exactly that clueless.

Boring, unadventurous, another manager who believes he can get Heskey playing well, only this idiot thinks he can do so in midfield!

I can't stand the bloke and I hate seeing him wearing a Villa tie while looking completely perplexed on the side lines.

Randy if you haven't already realised you have made one hell of a **** up here.

just my thoughts but it seems strange the backing that AM gets form a lot of forum members, especially when they were so anti GH.

I'm not going to go on about GH after this post, he has gone now and we need to get over him but I can't understand how people are defending AM when they so bitterly disliked what GH was doing...

In just a few months AM has managed to make us probably one of the most boring teams in the league, he is blatantly tactically naive and personally I have no confidence in him in the transfer market, hutton and Nzog have both flopped so far, I think maybe there is hope for Nzog long term however hutton should be no where near the team but AM is to stubborn to drop him because he signed him. Jenas although he could be a good player is just a joke at the moment and I don't think he'll ever be fully fit whilst at Villa, when did he last play? Ages ago, basically as someone said in another tropic we're just getting him fit again for spurs to either have him back or sell on.

Credit to AM I think Given was a good signing but to be honest anyone with the smallest amount of intelligence could see that he could be a good signing, he's been consistently good wherever he has been and desperately wanted out of Man shity so was open to offers, at the time we looked a good prospect, wonder if he still thinks so. Personally I can only hope RL is lining the club up for sale to someone who can now take the club forward and has the sense to hire a proper experienced replacement for Faulkner, someone who knows how to run football club. Thanks for the good times Randy but things move on and I think its now time for you to.

rant over :)

just my thoughts but it seems strange the backing that AM gets form a lot of forum members, especially when they were so anti GH.

My take on this for what it's worth is that Houllier came in and made a conscious effort to change a number of aspects of the club in a very short period of time. Whilst this may have paid off in the long term it hurt us in ways that were clear for all to see in the short term.

On top of that he was struggling with pretty much the same team that had finished 6th and got to Webley twice the season before.

AMc on the other hand has seen arguable the club's 2 best players sold and a whole host of useful squad members leave during the summer and still has us performing (league postion wise) to the level most grounded Villa fans would expect us to be.

Yes he's no frills, yes he's not very exciting but that's obvioulsy what the board wanted, or the best they could get given our current operating model.

When McLeish has us in the bottom 3 conceeding goals for fun, with half the squad kicking off I'll be the first to aim the same criticism I aimed at GH at him.

Until then I'll support him for doing the best he can with what he has to work with, andcontinue to debate the starting line up with people on here as I would regardless of who was in charge.

By the way, Houllier was an old hat appointment..Just a stroke of luck(bad luck when you consider the health problems) that they stumbled upon him..He ticked the boxes that their "old hat" requirements were looking for..

So I am confused is old hat a good thing or not?

Depends what you want as a fan.. Houllier was appointed because of his credentials as a Liverpool and ex premiership manager...Yet this was not why he is a good manager, or should it have been the MAIN reason he was appointed(which it was as the club were seeking Premiership experienced only)..His stronger points and the points our board should consider when making any future appointment, was that he had evolved with the modern game and stayed in touch with modern tactics, styles, development of players and training techniques etc.. Sven is/has struggled to keep up with today's game and he needs a crash course in continental Europe at some high spec training complex to bring him back up to speed. Whilst Sven was screwing around as England coach with his cautious boring approach, France and Spain etc were moving way ahead with a more mobile effective style of football, where good teamwork, movement, passing and technical ability was installed. The training in France, Spain, Portugal and Holland is way ahead of what we are doing here in the UK. Hence the reason, we have to keep purchasing high spec foreign players to compete in the Champions League each season and so few UK players are snapped up overseas, the Premiership probably spends more money than any other league in foreign player transfers to remain competitive on the European stage. Ye olde English cloggers are dead..Hoofball, longball is dead..In your face hard man with a wreckless challenge is dead...Football has changed and the rough edges have been polished up, to produce a game that has more flair, finesse, movement, passing etc..Breathe on a player these days and he falls down, its a free kick. Wenger knows this, Houllier knew this, half of the top coaches in Europe knows this..But managers like McLeish, Pulis, McCarthy, Kean, etc are yesterday men and are slowly sinking..

If you want Villa to move forward, then we need a forward thinking coach, that is "up to date" with the game of today. Just running around a few cones, then having a laugh and a joke in training is dead..Dunne and Collins moaning about Houllier/Duverne's methods? They are basically moaning about method's that will take clubs forward, they are yesterday players, failing to understand that today's players are finely tuned athletes..

The great GH failed to get France to a World Cup while Sven is Englands most successful manager in 20 years plus has won leagues in Portugal, Sweden and Italy

Sven also got sacked from Leicester though, lets not forget that

Sven has been shocking since England. His record has been poor in all his jobs since, the fact he has had 4 jobs since 2007 pretty much proves this.

The great GH failed to get France to a World Cup while Sven is Englands most successful manager in 20 years plus has won leagues in Portugal, Sweden and Italy

Sven has been shocking since England. His record has been poor in all his jobs since, the fact he has had 4 jobs since 2007 pretty much proves this.

His time at Man City was not shocking

His time at Man City was not shocking

It really was given the money he threw around.

If ever there was an example to illustrate that people will always have a difference of opinion it is Sven Erikkson.

My two pence worth is he's a fraud, has for by through managing clubs with large pots of money and in the main has failed at most of them, if that makes a good manager then god help us all.

The appointment still makes no sense though. There are better, cheaper, less controversial managers out there that could have provided mid-table stability

who for example? Hughes would have never came here unless he got a big budget its why he left Fulham.

I was under the impression Hughes left Fulham because the Villa job became available?

Anyway, I can think of plenty. Hughton, Hughes, Gregory, Jol, Eriksson, to name a few.

JOl is below us playing arguably as boring a brand of football

Sven would have wanted a large contract and about 20 million to spend

Gregory hasnt managed in England in years

Hughton still untested in top flight

Hughes same as Sven

You can kinda guess that these advisors wont go for a manager like Deschamps, Flores, Poyet etc they are not ex Premiership rejects.

The same Deschamps who is being slaughtered by his own board and in two games vs Arsenal his team barely mustered a save from Sczcesny.

Also Poyet who hasnt won in 9 Championship games while his team is tumbling down the table

I'll third it and throw in Warnock as well whilst you're at it!

Arguably our best player so far? :?

If he's our best player then we are totally ****. This guy alone makes me question whether or not to renew my season ticket. I am sick of sitting on his side of the pitch and watching him lose player after player in the box.

I'll third it and throw in Warnock as well whilst you're at it!

Arguably our best player so far? :?

If he's our best player then we are totally ****. This guy alone makes me question whether or not to renew my season ticket. I am sick of sitting on his side of the pitch and watching him lose player after player in the box.

Well as a season ticket holder, if you cant see that Stephen Warnock has played well in some games this season, then you have absolutely no idea what your talking about.

We need to be aiming for better managers than McLeish. Championship or relegation threatened Premier League sides* are his level

* - No, we're not a relegation threatened side before you say it.

Like who? Who do you think would come here?

We need to be aiming for better managers than McLeish. Championship or relegation threatened Premier League sides* are his level

* - No, we're not a relegation threatened side before you say it.

Like who? Who do you think would come here?
Hughes would.

Well we were for much of last season and we've lost two CL level players since then.
Are we still in last season then? I was under the impression a new season had started. :?

Â