GTA 5

Genie

So, a couple of questions for those who've played it.

1. Does it seem more fun that IV? IV took itself too seriously for me and that was one of the reasons I gravitated more to the MP which was just ridiculous entertainment.

2. Have they sorted out those **** awful checkpoint issues? The ones that nearly caused me to smash a controller or two. I don't mind a bit of repetition, but having to repeat part A and B of the same mission again to get to C was frustrating in the extreme.

Yeah to both especially the checkpoints

I gave franklin the short afro and a designer stubble beard. Looks less like a generic person now. This game has stunned me, so far it has exceeded my lofty expectations.

I could only afford the stubble. I wanted the short afro, but I found a hooker right outside my house so I took her for a ride ;)

Laslo has made the transition from radio to TV presenter too

Aw, but I don't ever watch the TV, I like to drive around and listen to the radio

:(

Nevermind, he's on the radio too

:)

• Like 3

**** stupid Amazon. I pre-ordered a while back and my copy hadn't been dispathched this morning. So when I get back from college I go on their live chat service and ask them where the **** my copy is and they said they are still waiting for a shipment to come in. Stupid words removed.

Right. I havnt played GTA since the first one in THE 90s. Everybody seems to be up in arms over this release. Shall I come out from my gaming hibernation? The last game I played properly was Far Cry. Will I miss out on some kind of storyline from the previous ones?

HELP grandad out here

• Like 1

Right. I havnt played GTA since the first one in THE 90s. Everybody seems to be up in arms over this release. Shall I come out from my gaming hibernation? The last game I played properly was Far Cry. Will I miss out on some kind of storyline from the previous ones?

HELP grandad out here

you won't miss out on anything, it's all self contained

• Like 1

HELP grandad out here

Came on to ask a similar question, not played GTA since the Playstation. 

Played a few minutes. It's GTA, its odd getting used to the weight of everything again.

The thing I've noticed most so far is that it's an strange looking game. At one moment it's genuinely quite impressive for this hardware and the next it looks a little rough. Some textures are, as expected, shite, the frame rate is perfectly playable but feels sluggish (because it is, again expected) and the lighting is a little harsh at times, but the real annoyance is the aliasing. It really detracts from everything somehow.

But I'm sure that's something that I just need to settle into. It immediately strikes you with the polish on it.

HELP grandad out here

you won't miss out on anything, it's all self contained

excellent.gif

• Like 1

Â