Ashley Young at United

TRO

...Did he play like that for us?

In the small space of time, that he has been with united, I find it difficult to see how any coaches would have had time to polish his game to the extent that he is delivering right now, so the only conclusion i have is that its the players around him.

were the players at Aston villa instrumental in him falling over as much as he did, when he was with us?

I thought he may go on to improve his game, but I am staggered in the size and pace of the improvement.

anyone else feel the same?

He'll still fall over, heck he got a kick to the knee and he almost burst into tears. When he was on top of his game he played similar for us imo, Everton is one example and a change of faces and scenery can do the world of good for some.

For me he just heard about United and then dropped his head because he wanted out to go there. In the end that happened and as a result he's playing great again...another bit of proof that he played that well for us was the fact he started to play for England.

He has better players around him and a better midfield then Petrov/Reo Coker at the time.

I take your point and i'm sure you ar right about the better players.... but in the 4 years Ash was with us....Reo hardly played if I recall.Certainly under O'Neill that seemed to be the case.

Ashley Young was a lot easier to defend against when he was at Villa. How many times did defenders double up against him, forcing him to ground or kicking lumps out of him? At Man Utd defenders can't commit two defenders onto him because it allows others too much space. The guy is class and deserves the plaudits coming his way and IMO he will only get better.

Someone mentioned in a previous thread that he's going back to only having to beat one man again rather than having 2 or 3 stapled to him all game like it was in the last couple of years here. With all the space being created by the other forwards at United, he was always going to up his game and do what he does best.

It is good to see him play well and scoring goals like he did today - he was wonderful for us and left in completely the right, respectful way. See Modric at Spurs for the mirror opposite!

It is easier for him to play well for manure. When at villa, other teams knew that all they had to do is to mark him and downing out of the game and villa were hurt. Not easy when hes playing for utd where other team has 5-6 other world class players to track, look at the amount of space hes given. Mind you, his crossing and corners are still abysmal...

Ashley Young was a lot easier to defend against when he was at Villa. How many times did defenders double up against him, forcing him to ground or kicking lumps out of him? At Man Utd defenders can't commit two defenders onto him because it allows others too much space. The guy is class and deserves the plaudits coming his way and IMO he will only get better.

good point

just goes to prove how much we need to improve in other area's then.

Fergie is no nonsense..He understands the simple game of football is to score more goals than the opossition..Thus move foward as a team support each other and score goals..Keep the tempo and pressure high and you cant go wrong...He isnt into nonsense of players playing like Wenger likes..He just informs his players to to push on and score goals...Its entertaining and effective, it suits forward thinking players like Young. He isnt isolated when he attacks, he isnt short of options...Its fun football...No crappy slow Petrov,Warnock and Dunne or a clueless Collins etc.. Its fast moving football to try and win a f'kin game of simple football...

I hope he doesn't celebrate if he scores against us this season.

I hope he does not score against us this season or ever TRS-T. I guess there will be celebrations of a muted kind if he does particularly if he scores at Villa Park and I trust he will have learned something from the reaction to badge kissing Yorke but as steve-67 has said he like Barry, Milner and Downing have left us now so any medals they may get or any progress they may make is of no odds to me but does I must admit sting more than a little bit.

Better players, better manager, bigger stage, not a guaranteed starting spot...all things that would factor in to his flying start.

Even though I always knew he'd end up at Man U, watching him today **** sucked. N'Zogbia is not gonna be doing anything like that

Â