Ashley Young at United

TRO

Same here. To this date the only time I've ever seen Villa come back from 2-0 down to win.

Ive seen a few. away at Southampton in 05 which was a nail in their relegation coffin and vs Coventry which relegated them i n2001 :D

I missed the end because I walked out of the pub upon seeing the Everton goal. The pub was full and I was the only one watching the match. On my own. No music on. Probably just aswell I left thinking about it

Love it, after the second goal the celebration sees Carew, Gabby, Laursen, Mellberg, Bouma, NRC, Barry, Young, Petrov all hugging. Aka - What a team!!!!

Brilliant. That was the period MON played Ash in the hole with...:

Barry-Stan-NRC

...behind.

Played some top quality football during that period. Put five past Bolton and Blues, six against Derby and two against Everton I recall.

Ashley Young is a class player, he was when he was with us despite some on here trying to say he was really over rated and we did well to get 16M for him

At manure he is proving to be world class IMO, a true talent who I am proud to say played for my club for a few years and we are totally worse off without him being here.

For 16M this will prove to be the bargain signing of the summer. Class class player.

a true talent who I am proud to say played for my club for a few years

This, completely.

Loved him as a Villa player, in the few times I met him he came across as a really nice guy and my only feeling when seeing him playing well for United or England is one of gladness that he has the opportunity to play at a level we all knew he was capable of (even if some of us would rather he fail).

Ashley Young is a class player, he was when he was with us despite some on here trying to say he was really over rated and we did well to get 16M for him

At manure he is proving to be world class IMO, a true talent who I am proud to say played for my club for a few years and we are totally worse off without him being here.

For 16M this will prove to be the bargain signing of the summer. Class class player.

It's not a bargain when he was in the last year of his contract. World class players such as Ozil went for less with one year left too.

There's no doubt Man Utd got a fantastic player on the cheap though, however the contract situation made it cheap.

I'm not sure, he's saying that there were certain people making out that we got a great fee for him. On the other hand he labelled it as the bargain of the summer.

A player with one year left on his contract for £16mish isn't a bargain in my eyes, and it wasn't a great fee for us either. It was pretty much what was predicted for a player of Youngs quality. Meanwhile as I mentioned Ozil went for less and he is by far the better player, and that's what I'd call a bargain.

maybe its the alcohol intake but i am happy for Young he gave us great service and will look out for him unlike ratface Downing

My feelings exactly. Cant stand Downing and would be happy for him to get injured. Ash on the other hand did provide us with a good service for a number of years.

I just remember cursing at Lescott loudly for scoring. The best part about that was how late Everton equalised.... our players almost looked dejected, but to gather the strength with a deflating late equaliser and momentum against you away from home against a good side... that takes some mental strength. The sort we're used to seeing from United. That was the best bit.

Will always remember Ash for that.

I watched it at home, on my own.

It really is one of my biggest regrets that I wasn't down the pub to watch that one. Would have been awesome

Me to, i remember jumping off the sofa sliding on my knees towards to TV, shouting at the top of my voice. I dont ever recall ever celebrating like that on my own, while watching the TV. These moments dont come along every often, but when they do, you always remember them.

Absolutely. I'm usually quite unemotional if I'm watching a game on my own, physical emotions that is. But the Everton one I was literally jumping up and down on the sofa cheering and fist pumping.

The only similar amount of emotion I've shown is the polar opposite, when we conceded the 4th against Spurs in the 4-4 draw at White Hart Lane. I smashed my coffee table when that 4th goal went in.

The only similar amount of emotion I've shown is the polar opposite, when we conceded the 4th against Spurs in the 4-4 draw at White Hart Lane. I smashed my coffee table when that 4th goal went in.

Im an emotional guy watching Villa but breaking a table is brilliant :D.

Worst i did was smash my phone watching Osbourne vs Zilina. Dreadful performance

I was in my local watching that surrounded by Spurs fans...i wasn't happy at all.

Anyway back on to Ash, he is 20-1 to get the PFA player of the year...could be a good bet.

Seems very popular with the united fans already. I remember when they signed Yorke, he never seemed that popular, but Ash seems a fan favorite already.

Â