Ashley Young at United

TRO

Im happy for him...he deserves to be playing on the biggest stage. Conducted himself very well throughout the whole saga since January unlike Downing. He will only only get better and better at Utd and im sure he will be considered 'world class' soon enough if he continues.

The only thing im pissed off about is how he has'nt mentioned the Villa since he left.

Im happy for him...he deserves to be playing on the biggest stage. Conducted himself very well throughout the whole saga since January unlike Downing. He will only only get better and better at Utd and im sure he will be considered 'world class' soon enough if he continues.

The only thing im pissed off about is how he has'nt mentioned the Villa since he left.

He has ....a few times. Including his first interview.

Edit: sod it, didn't see all the other pages - only really said what everyone else has been saying..

I find it sad, but I still find myself supporting him though. I just hope he doesn't "do a Dwight", cause I can easily see him scoring against us.

I can see him scoring against alot of teams.

He has ....a few times. Including his first interview.

Must have missed them, fairplay to him if he has then.

Part of me is happy for him because he's a fantastic player but I also find it difficult because of how big of a star he'll become at United. Guess we can always take pride in that he did play for us and he made his name here.

Difficult to think that 18 months ago we had Young, Milner and Downing playing for us. :(

....and it still did'nt do us much good.

goes to show what other poor players we had.

Part of me is happy for him because he's a fantastic player but I also find it difficult because of how big of a star he'll become at United. Guess we can always take pride in that he did play for us and he made his name here.

Difficult to think that 18 months ago we had Young, Milner and Downing playing for us. :(

We were pretty bloody close though. For two seasons running we were serious contenders in the race for 4th place. If we had only signed Darren Bent a year earlier...

We were pretty bloody close though. For two seasons running we were serious contenders in the race for 4th place. If we had only signed Darren Bent a year earlier...

I said at the time that if we'd had Bent in 09/10 we would of walked fourth by a country mile. Our away form was superb, but we got too many frustrating draws at home against (then) lesser opposition. We dominated and missed hat loads of chances in nearly all of these. I honestly think Bent would of got us 9-12 extra points at home that season.

We'd have finished 4th had we just stuck with 4-5-1. We had a ridiculous record with that way of playing (11 games unbeaten 08-09, 5 in a row away from home). Even after we lost our first game in 09-10, we changed to 4-5-1, won 3 games ..and then changed back again.

God knows why we didn't use it more often.

We'd have finished 4th had we just stuck with 4-5-1. We had a ridiculous record with that way of playing (11 games unbeaten 08-09, 5 in a row away from home). Even after we lost our first game in 09-10, we changed to 4-5-1, won 3 games ..and then changed back again.

God knows why we didn't use it more often.

This.

A thousand times. Perhaps more.

We changed back to 442 to accomodate the returning John Carew, which clearly didnt work. OK, we lost Laursen for the tail end of that year too, but why change a winning formula?

The other point which always makes me think 'what if' is that during that fantastic run, we were playing the virtually non-existent Steve Sidwell. Imagine if we'd have had someone like ... well someone good, to play in that role instead.

Think I'm talking about a different season to you guys. I was referring to the 08/09 season where we went on a crazy away run.

Yeah ..same one!

Then we signed Heskey in January, changed to 4-4-2, beat Pompey 0-1, and Blackburn 0-2 and then after that, went on a dysmal run of form, which did see Heskey lose his place to Carew after a run of games.

Ohh ok - I stand corrected then.

Terrible memory, appears it was all in the same season. For some reason I was thinking that Heskey made his debut against Pompey in the same game that saw Milner start in the middle for the first time. But alas, that was a year later.

Â