Chris Herd

ChrisNichollsToe

He will be the 4th central defender when Dunne goes

Good to know Lamberts going to be able to improve the squad by trying to change a very promising midfield player into a centre back.

My optimism about the level of backing lerner will give lambert gets smaller every day.

People don't realise what a great leap Herdo has on him, When Olson got him sent off in that baggies match last season it was him that had marked Olson on the previous set pieces, he then scored on the following corner.

I'll be pleased to see him retained in some capacity.

Must still be injured, called up in the original squad vs Scotland but didn't feature tonight. Can anyone remember why he got took off vs Peterborough? Hasn't appeared since.

Yeah he pulled out of the squad earlier this week. The injury from Posh happened when he landed from a corner awkwardly. Not positive what exactly he hurt though.

Delph isn't a DM though, so of course anybody would pick Herd to be a DM over Delph... as Delph cant play that position, he's an attacking minded midfielder and he's never going to be be a decent DM.

Should be played at CM, AM, at a push Left Winger and if truly desperate as an attacking LB

• 2 months later...

So I am going to guess that Clark's knock was minor and he is back in the fold for this weekend. If not however, and assuming Baker's injury is going to keep him out for a bit, that would probably mean we will see Herd starting at CB this weekend. Will be very interesting to say the least. Although I do like Herd, so if he has to step up in play at CB, I hope he does well.

So I am going to guess that Clark's knock was minor and he is back in the fold for this weekend. If not however, and assuming Baker's injury is going to keep him out for a bit, that would probably mean we will see Herd starting at CB this weekend. Will be very interesting to say the least. Although I do like Herd, so if he has to step up in play at CB, I hope he does well.

Is Lowton injured, too? Lambert deployed him in the middle a few times in preseason, I imagine he'd be moved in before Herd with Lichaj at RB. Neither Herd nor Lowtown fill me with much confidence as central defenders, though, so hopefully Baker or Clark will be fit. We're gonna need to buy another senior CB in January, methinks.

Â