Chris Herd

ChrisNichollsToe

Thought he should got an award, we missed him when he was injured and has probably been our most consistent midfielder apart from Stan.

agreed, but I think most of the young players that have had a run this season have done well.

Certainly Weimann, Herd, Gardner, Baker, Clarke have all contributed well. Young POTS could have gone to any of them IMO.

So Villa have different criteria for YPOTY than the PL do? Herd was 22 at the start of the season. There is no way that's too old for YPOTY. If he lost out to Weimann then fairy nuff. But to not be eligible is wrong.

Thought he should got an award, we missed him when he was injured and has probably been our most consistent midfielder apart from Stan.

agreed, but I think most of the young players that have had a run this season have done well.

Certainly Weimann, Herd, Gardner, Baker, Clarke have all contributed well. Young POTS could have gone to any of them IMO.

Baker and Gardner have not done anywhere near enough to be considered. They havent played enough, I though Gardner would get more time this season but for some reason McLeish persisted with Delph at the start of the season with Bannan both of whom are utter garbage

• 2 weeks later...

Herd has been selected in the initial squad for the Socceroos' friendly against Denmark in Copenhagen in a few weeks. If he manages to avoid putting his foot through a window he should get a run on and a chance to make the squad for our next WC qualifiers against Oman & Japan the following week.

Probably played at the highest level this season of any of the central midfielders in that squad (Kilkenny, Jedinak and Valeri being the others) and should get a trip back home the following week if he performs ok. He may struggle though, Aussie coach Holger Osieck likes to go on the attack and I am sure Chris has forgotten what that feels like...

Holman also selected, but that's no great shock.

I don't think Herd, Bannan, Baker, Albrighton, Weiman, Gardner are going to get the same opportunities when the new manager comes in.

They all could be shipped out on loan and eventually sold?

i think chris herd, like ciaran and to a lesser degree, sharky, has gone a long way to establishing themselves this season and will certainly be in the mix at the start of the next season.

bannan, andi and GG (you can also add nathan baker, eric lichaj and nathan delfouneso to this group) will have some work to do, as they didn't really establish themselves as first teamers during the course of this season...

bannan, andi and GG (you can also add nathan baker, eric lichaj and nathan delfouneso to this group) will have some work to do, as they didn't really establish themselves as first teamers during the course of this season...

Not sure how Lichaj didn't...

Not sure how Lichaj didn't...

lichaj had a great end to the season, but i'm not sure that if hutton and warnock were fit and not required to play in midfield, he wouldn't be dropped back out of the squad. think he's done well since he got his chance, and hope he's around for a while, although i still see him more as a squad player than a first choice.

Lichaj is better than Warnock and Hutton.. he should be first choice next season ahead of the other two clowns.

This. Surely a new manager must ship Hutton? So, depending on new players I think Lichaj will be a regular starter next season.

But Herd could be a challenger for that position. I know plenty of people wants to see him play rb again. I wouldn't mind it. He had a few good games in that position. Not many enough for me to think he should play there regurarly, though.

But well done, Herd. Stay away from the bars and you'll be a fine football player with many more nationals to come.

Â