Football Manager 2012

AndyClarke

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree tbh, the team-talks are now much more fun, player reactions are great - including the addition of body language, get more of a response too. Loads of great things on top.

Quickly want to add my favourite, to be able to reject all transfer offers with one click and view them all in one screen with options to suit is much better than having to sift through.

I checked out the demo but I'm coming from FM2010 so I don't know exactly what's new or not.

Sampdoria are wondering if their mysterious new manager - Fabrizio Pizzagliatelli, an Englishman (I got confused) who said in his first press conference that he hates football management - is the man to get them back into Serie A, or if he's just taking the piss all round. Still, I beat Cardiff 3-1 in the opening friendly so I know 4-2-4 still works and that's all I need.

Still not sure if I'll be getting this on launch. With each new FM it's like you have to scrape away the added gloss and new interface dongles to get at the knobs which make the game work in the way you're familiar with. That takes ages, then once you do it it's like you're playing exactly the same game as last time. The match engine certainly looks swankier than I'm used to, and I do like the new team talk mechanic, but deep down I'm dubious that the 'tones' will be useful. Will a line delivered 'calmly' sometimes fail while the same line delivered 'cautiously' would have got a response? That's the type of silly trap that FM has laid for me in the past...

Started with arsenal, signed ayew who is on fire scored 8 in 2 games and subotic

scouted round found some good Dutch kids, dinamo look like 4/5 years ago where you just buy them all and judging by who is bidding and how many bids I've had I'd say the Japanese kid at arsenal must be at least -9

I like the tones and generally (few things not sure about) the new easier way of doing things. Like player search, transfer list/loan list/free transfers are all already done for you, all you need is to click the little tab thingy and it's done. so much easier. Good improvements like that.

Surprised Villa have such a big budget.

So far I have sent out pretty much all the reserves on loan. Really like the ability to reject or accept all offers for one player with one click. Can also see what they are offering easier.

Brought in Michael Owen, Jordan Ayew & Charlie Mulgrew on loan as back up. Surprised nobody wanted Fonz on loan.

Tried bringing in Thiago (Barca), Granero (R.Mad), Sturridge, Welbeck all on loan and none of them came. Despite all being on loan list. Only Granero actually rejected me for another club (Genoa).

Like the team talks now as you get an instant reaction from them. Used to leave it to Ass.Man.

Results so far are 1-1 Newc (a), 1-1 Wigan (h), 3-0 Morecambe (h), Bolton 0-1 (a). So 2 points from 3 games, not exactly great.

Like how it tells you how good your players are at certain attributes compared to the rest of the league. Villa are surprisingly 18th at finishing despite having Bent.

If I get this I won't be playing as Villa again. I have my FM2010 save for that, where we're undefeated in 100 prem games and Lerner gives me a foot massage every night. I'd rather take a team from the very bottom to the very top.

Anyone got any recommendations for Blue Square teams which are entertaining to play as due to being especially well researched, having special circumstances, or anything like that...?

EDIT - One bit of feedback for the demo so far: I don't like that there is no wider 'News' section (or if there is I can't find it). I used to have my Inbox for essential stuff and in addition I could subscribe to various bits of News which was semi-relevant or non-essential. Now it seems I have to subscribe to everything if I want to read about it and it all comes to the Inbox. For all I know this was a change brought in for FM2011 so it's old news... but I dislike it.

So far seems pretty good. Headed goals in open play seem more common but have only played 2 games. Not too sure I like the profile bit when you click on a player. Am enjoying the tone system and the quick feedback from the players in teamtalks and player chats. Had a bit of a problem with contract offer with Arne Friedrich-offered him a contract which he accepted but failed a medical. Went to offer another one and his demands for wages have doubled and his loyalty bonus has quadrupled. Tried to negotiate him down to what he was on before and then the agent says 'we have already agreed terms so why are you trying to change them?' or something along those lines and then walks out. Was quite annoying as I've already sold Collins and now looking at using Devine as fourth choice. Annoyingly the Tottenham researcher still seems to be in charge as spurs players attributes all seem pretty similar to last years.

Moving onto villa ratings I think there pretty good. Ones I'd complain about are Bent's composure (zigic has composure 16 so can't see how Bent has worse composure than zigic) and Clark I think could be improved a little. The big one I'd say is Gabby. His technical game has come on leaps and bounds over the last year or so but that doesn't seem to be represented in the game (again to use zigic as a comparison his technique is 14, dribbling is better as well). I'd also say Gabby[s work rate should also be improved.

Â