Charles N'Zogbia

bickster

Agreed it was his best performance.

Frustrating at times and he's still far from his best but he's getting there. Thought his work rate was admirable tonight, he was constantly tackling back and winning the ball.

Has to cross more rather than running into defenders though.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frustrating at times and he's still far from his best but he's getting there. Thought his work rate was admirable tonight, he was constantly tackling back and winning the ball.

Crossing has never been part of his game. He's always been tricky on the ball and trying to get into shooting positions.

Crossing has never been part of his game. He's always been tricky on the ball and trying to get into shooting positions.

Yep but he should be able to adapt, he's proved he can cross and I think it's more important to our style that he does as players like Bent thrive on it.

Think I would like to see him in the middle. He is superb on the ball, but sometimes struggles to get a cross in or be effective when he gets closed down into a corner.

I know people don't like Gabby out wide. But I wouldn't mind Gabby left, Zog behind Bent and Marc on the right. It can easily be changed to a regular 4-4-2 at any point also. I think he'd be far more effective in the middle with that bit of space.

• 2 weeks later...

Although he tailed off towards the end he was excellent for most of the game. Electrifying run for the goal and obliterated Ferreira everytime he had the ball.

If Ireland finds consistent form and Zog keeps this improvement up then there will be sleepless nights for Premier League defenders for the remainder of the season.

Just shows how opinions can differ I thought he was a total waste of space all game

Did you think he was a waste of space when he did tremendously well to set up Irelands goal?

He played well today I thought, like Gabby, relieved the pressure well when we were under some.

He still runs into players and loses the ball. he still manages not to make a telling pass and his crossing and delivery from dead balls is crap..... all players can do one or two things good during a game but it is his lack of consistency that is the problem

Better now he's realised he has teammates round him. Still desperate to walk the ball into the net at times, but you can see theres an understanding developing with the others. He could yet prove to be a big player for us.

I'm not convinced we would have even got the equaliser if Zog hadn't showed the fight when it mattered. Come out after HT still at 1-0 and the whole psychology of the game would have been different.

Granted he faded from the game a bit. But IMO this was due to negative tactics. I definitely don't want to dampen the feeling about our victory, but I don't think we can forget the fact that we sat on the 1-1 for a long time as if it was a 1 goal lead. In that period, the influence of our attacking players waned.

Zog has more to offer us but I'm yet to decide if AMC can tap into that potential.

Â