Charles N'Zogbia

bickster

One thing is form and new enviroments, but the level he has produced at just screams lack of ability above everything else.

Absolute rubbish, he has come from Wigan where everything went through him. The team was designed create space for him to the try and work his magic. Now at Villa he isn't the only attacking outlet and he is seeing less of the ball, add to that the pressure of trying to replace Young and Downing means that there is massive expectation everytime he gets the ball in the opponents half.

Once he relaxes a bit and feels more comfortable in his role he will produce.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing is form and new enviroments, but the level he has produced at just screams lack of ability above everything else.

Absolute rubbish, he has come from Wigan where everything went through him. The team was designed create space for him to the try and work his magic. Now at Villa he isn't the only attacking outlet and he is seeing less of the ball, add to that the pressure of trying to replace Young and Downing means that there is massive expectation everytime he gets the ball in the opponents half.

Once he relaxes a bit and feels more comfortable in his role he will produce.

Isn't that some sort of strange reverse logic to Ashley Young?

Apparently when Ashley Young was here he was our most creative outlet and everything went through him so teams learnt to double up on him and shut us down. Now he's at Man U there are better players around him, the team has more possession, he has more space and can't be double marked anymore so he's scoring for fun.

Does it somehow work backwards for N'Zogbia? He was better when he was double marked at Wigan in a team with no possession? I am struggling with your logic there

Stewart Downing, James Milner, Ashley Young, Stiliyan Petrov, Wilfred Bouma etc etc etc were ALL shit when they first got here. For Christ's sake give the lad a chance!!!

They weren’t shit. They played rubbish at times; Bouma looked out of shape, Petrov played a blinder and then was mediocre, Young iirc scored on his debut, Milner was average on his second coming, Downing was average. I think N’Zgobia has been below par, no doubt. He will improve, but at the moment looks poorer than all those players bar maybe Bouma

Its not his form - thats how good he is!

So you're honestly saying that the way he's playing now is how he's played for his entire career? This is him? Hard to imagine such a shit player single-handedly keeping a team up, as he did with Wigan last season.

Inexplicable hate, all of our players bar Bent and Given really, get some.

It's quite funny really, if one of our players has 5 or 6 bad games then they're shit. Like Warnock last season, yes he had a terrible start to the season but all of a sudden he was shit. It seems nobody is allowed to have a dip of form without being completely written off.

I agree with your point but completely disagree with your example. Warnock was shit going back to the Carling Cup final loss against United. He picked up a habit of wandering out of position and giving away fouls in spots that cost us goals. Most of us had been calling for Warnock to be dropped for the last 4 months of MONs last season and about 8 games at the opening of last season. Of course his moronic interview he gave where he trashed the city of Birmingham to engineer a move away from the club certainly didn't encourage Houllier to recall him from the reserves.

How is it fair to expect a manager who doesn't know his arse from his elbow in terms of making a team creative to a) pick a decent creative player to fill the hole left by two departures and then B) coach that player to bring the creativiy required to the team and then c) coach the other players and pick tactics to get what little you can out of that creative player

Never likely to happen

Of course his moronic interview he gave where he trashed the city of Birmingham to engineer a move away from the club certainly didn't encourage Houllier to recall him from the reserves.

You still talking about Warnock? can you point me to this interview?

Its not his form - thats how good he is!

So you're honestly saying that the way he's playing now is how he's played for his entire career? This is him? Hard to imagine such a shit player single-handedly keeping a team up, as he did with Wigan last season.

Inexplicable hate, all of our players bar Bent and Given really, get some.

It's quite funny really, if one of our players has 5 or 6 bad games then they're shit. Like Warnock last season, yes he had a terrible start to the season but all of a sudden he was shit. It seems nobody is allowed to have a dip of form without being completely written off.

I agree with your point but completely disagree with your example. Warnock was shit going back to the Carling Cup final loss against United. He picked up a habit of wandering out of position and giving away fouls in spots that cost us goals. Most of us had been calling for Warnock to be dropped for the last 4 months of MONs last season and about 8 games at the opening of last season. Of course his moronic interview he gave where he trashed the city of Birmingham to engineer a move away from the club certainly didn't encourage Houllier to recall him from the reserves.

This is my point though, if someone is out of form it is ok to drop them but it doesn't make them shit. He still is, and would have been last season, our best option at left back.

Of course his moronic interview he gave where he trashed the city of Birmingham to engineer a move away from the club certainly didn't encourage Houllier to recall him from the reserves.

You still talking about Warnock? can you point me to this interview?

think he means Ireland

if we had Downing or Young on the other side providing pinpoint crosses into the box then we could afford to have nzogbias erratic wing play on the pitch (dribbles and shooting on sight)......

but we havent...we've got gabby or an out of form Alby.....

therefore hes on a hiding to nothing unless he turns into a downing or a young and that isnt going to happen....

we need another cultured winger to cancel him out

if we had Downing or Young on the other side providing pinpoint crosses into the box then we could afford to have nzogbias erratic wing play on the pitch (dribbles and shooting on sight)......

but we havent...we've got gabby or an out of form Alby.....

therefore hes on a hiding to nothing unless he turns into a downing or a young and that isnt going to happen....

we need another cultured winger to cancel him out

i think that's why mcleish signed Hutton to provide width on the right. from what i have seen of Hutton though i can understand why arry left him to train with the reserves

I believe N'Zogbia will still come good. He is just settling into the side and the area (I assume he has moved house?). I think any game now we will see the player we signed and I'm sure a lot of the people criticising him will be his biggest fans!

Scathing attack on N'Zogbia from former darling of the Holte and quite possibly the hardest man to ever don the claret & blue shirt, Shaun Teale.

@shaunteale"]Time for Charles to have a rest, and realise effort and ability =playing for the villa ,if not get out your giving us **** all

Ouch!

Scathing attack on N'Zogbia from former darling of the Holte and quite possibly the hardest man to ever don the claret & blue shirt, Shaun Teale.

@shaunteale"]Time for Charles to have a rest, and realise effort and ability =playing for the villa ,if not get out your giving us **** all

Ouch!

I agree that he needs time out he's persistently dreadful, but who'd replace him on the left side? Jenas could come in and Delph could be moved over to the left. Or Gaby could go back on the left and put Wiemann up front.

Â