Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Most important thing is to sort out our terrible defence from last season. I think McLeish will do that.

Will be happy with a 1-0 win today. Rather that than an exciting 4-2 win.

And we should have some patience. McLeish must be given at least one season.

As i said on the generals thread last week and i quote

"2010/11 Left Winger - Ashley Young

2011/12 Left Winger - Emile Heskey" whats going on?

Unfortunately the comment was deemed offensive enough to delete

so i will re-iterate the point here for what its worth

Spot on, it just shows how far back we have gone.

Ridiculous line-up. So defensive. Bent will be alone up top completely.

he is playing 3 strikers, some out of possistion i know, am sure he wants them to go support bent at every attack, its up to them to use thier noodle and help support bent. i dont think the team is negative at all, just needs the players to do thier bit to make it work

Most important thing is to sort out our terrible defence from last season. I think McLeish will do that.

Will be happy with a 1-0 win today. Rather that than an exciting 4-2 win.

And we should have some patience. McLeish must be given at least one season.

Agree, but if he gets rid of Makoun I will be very very very unimpressed, and I LIKE McLeish. Bad enough that he's not starting the guy.

No probs with that team.

After last year we need to become harder to beat then build on that.

Sensible statement.

Theres no quick fix here, especially with our two main supply players going to pastures new. ATM, I'll take 'harder to beat', because its clear where our problems lie.

Don Corleone, they made an offer we couldn't refuse.

Ridiculous line-up. So defensive. Bent will be alone up top completely.

he is playing 3 strikers, some out of possistion i know, am sure he wants them to go support bent at every attack, its up to them to use thier noodle and help support bent. i dont think the team is negative at all, just needs the players to do thier bit to make it work

The problem is there are no creators, as other people of have mentioned. The strikers are all finishers (that's even generous for Heskey). Who is going to create goals? We will have to hope that somehow Villa nicks a goal.

hmmmmmm

we should be going 4-4-2 against this shower of shite but I have got a terrible feeling this is going to turn into another 4-5-1 snoozefest. gabby will be woeful because he is out of position and wont get involved thats almost a certainty and quite why Delph and Petrov are starting I will never know especially when we have Gardner, Ireland, Makoun and Bannan fit. They are the worst midfield pairing we have had for a while IMO and if Nzogbia has another duffer then Bent may as well go home because I dont see where the supply is coming from. Disappointed again by this line up but not suprised.

Makoun supposedly off to Olympiakos too..........got a feeling this is going to be a crap weekend :(

I am hoping I am totally wrong by the way and we give em a good hiding but i doubt it somehow