Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

limpid

Here we go again! I'm quietly confident, think we will surprise a lot of people with a win here but don't shout about it!

I would play, as long as there are no more signings/departures:

GK Given

RB Young ©

CB Dunne

CB Collins

LB Warnock

DM Makoun

RM Albrighton

LM N'Zogbia

AM Ireland

CF Bent

CF Agbonlahor

Subs: Guzan, Clark, Petrov, Delph, Bannan, Delfouneso, Heskey

From the Braga thread:

Think we should use the system from 07/08 season where we only had one winger. I just don't think Zog is a left winger, more of a right winger to me.

-------------Given---------------

Young--Collins--Clark--Warnock

------Makoun---Ireland---Delph

-Zog

-----------Bent----Gabby------

Ireland in the free role, Gabby use the left channel a lot allowing Delph to tuck in to make it a midfield three and letting Warnock hammer it on the overlap. Obviously the right side will be a lot more rigid as Young won't come forward as much. Basically just let Zog cut in, do whatever he wants with hopefully Ireland getting involved and forward more.

Or this:

---------------Given---------------

Young---Collins---Clark---Warnock

-------Makoun----Ireland---Bannan

-Zog

-----------Bent----Gabby------

I expect Heskey to start after having good pre-season, and the hint has been that Zog will be used as sub due to not being fully fit. So my prediction is we'll see a lineup along the lines of:

Given

Young-Collins-Dunne-Warnock

Petrov-Makoun

Gabby-Ireland-Heskey

Bent

Subs: Guzan, Clark, Beye, Bannan, Delph, Albrighton, N'Zogbia

Fulham have already played a number of competative games so a point would be a good result imo.

Yes this is a worry for me as well. Teams that start their season early usually get off to a flyer before dying just after christmas.

I think we will lose 2-0 here but I'm going to this one so am hoping for something better, will be happy with a draw.

Fulham have already played a number of competative games so a point would be a good result imo.

Yes this is a worry for me as well. Teams that start their season early usually get off to a flyer before dying just after christmas.

I think we will lose 2-0 here but I'm going to this one so am hoping for something better, will be happy with a draw.

And me, I see a very hard game here. Fulham have been no pushover the last few years, and with the extra fitness they have I will be very happy if we come away with a point from this game.

1-1

This is going to be a long, frustrating season for us with draw after draw. I reckon. We'll score goals, but we'll concede as well, even though Given may stop a lot of the sloppy goals we let in last season.

Depends how Firecrotch sets the tactics.

If we are going to play the long ball game.. theres no point playing 5 in the midfield.. i would start Nzogbia Bent and Heskey/Gabby upfront.

If we are going to play a passing game.. then 5 in the midfield with just Bent upfront

Looking at this game with a lot of trepidation. We're not ready, our pre-season form has been abismal, we haven't yet purchased the midfielder we need and we're up against a team playing well with a better manager than we have. Unless we bring in at least two players before Saturday CM and another winger then we will lose. Start of the relegation battle!

Opening day defeat for us this. They are a bit ahead of us in terms of pre season and match fitness.

That's one of the most optimistic pre-match predicitions I have seen from you. You expect a loss, but that is par for the course, but give a reason which suggests under normal conditions we might not lose this game? :winkold:

For me, I would love to see:

------------------------ Given ------------------------

Young ---------- Dunne --- Clark -------- Warnock

------------------------ Delph ------------------------

----------------- Makoun -- Bannan -----------------

-------- Ireland ------------------------ Zog --------

------------------------- Bent -------------------------

A solid three sitters in CM should allow the FBs to push forward and create the width with SI and the Zog slightly narrower.