Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

limpid

Can't believe the season is about to start again. Only seems like yesterday we were cheering on the blosers relegation comedy act, and now here we are, with their ex-manager in charge and our two wing wizards gone for good. Never mind, at least we replaced one of them and Albrighton is ready to step up. Given is definitely one for all your fantasy teams, he's going to be a busy man this season! Still I can see us being more solid this season and stable.

Tomorrow? I think it will be a typical curtain opener where we will probably draw. I reckon we will take the lead through Bent and then hold on for the draw but Fulham will nick a goal. Just like last season!

...................given.......................

Young..dunne..collins..warnock

...................delph.......................

.....petrov...makoun...ireland....

..............nzogbia...bent..............

Id go with:

------------------Given-------------------

Young-----Cuellar---Dunne-----Warnock

-----------Makoun----Delph--------------

N'Zogbia---------Ireland----------Gabby

--------------------Bent--------------------

But Heskey and Petrov will both play. We need Petrov because apparently he has 'Experience'. Great. We'll just ignore the fact that he's crap and cant pass the ball forwards.

Mcleish will set out to try and draw this match. Basically because he's a prick and a shit manager.

I agree it'll be ugly. But Fulham are ahead of with their fitness from being in Europe while we don't seem to be quite there yet in terms of meshing as a team. So I can only see a loss for us, 2 or 3-0. Cue mass suicide on VillaTalk.

I would like to see:

---------------------------GIVEN------------------------------

---YOUNG------DUNNE-------CLARK--------WARNOCK----

--------------------MAKOUN---PETROV----------------------

-------------------------IRELAND-----------------------------

----ZOG------------------BENT-----------------GABBY------

But I think it'll be Heskey for Ireland like Braga or mybe Delph for Ireland in a more defensive 'away' lineup.

Hoping for this, but as above I too think Heskey will be in there somewhere, probably on the left with Zog on the right.

-----------------------Given------------------------

Young--------Dunne--------Clark-------Warnock

--------------Makoun-------Petrov----------------

Albrighton-----------Ireland-------------N'Zogbia

------------------------Bent------------------------

1-1. Bent and Riise.

-----------------------Given------------------------

Young--------Dunne--------Clark-------Warnock

-----------Makoun----Petrov---Delph----------------

Ireland-----------------------------------N'Zogbia

------------------------Bent------------------------

This the team I would like to see tried. I know it means Ireland in the wide areas, but reading some of the stuff Man City fans have said about when he played his best football was drifting in from the wide areas. Think we need three in the middle because of the lack of a true defensive midfielder.

Finally the new season is here. Think this will be a tough start for us but that it'll end 1-1. Bent to open up the score for us. But the first games are always hard to guess.