Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

limpid

With everything going on in London, is there a chance this will get called off?

There's a chance I'd say, its spreading and still kicking off

I was thinking this myself. Games are planned at Spurs, QPR and a couple of others in London. Fulham itself will be fine but the police needed at the event may be needed elsewhere.

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

Police have ordered ALL football matches in London to be called off.

Fourth Official, pretty reliable on Twitter is suggesting all football matches in London will be called off. Don't know if this means Fulham VS Villa on Saturday. I blumin well hope not!

Opening day defeat for us this. They are a bit ahead of us in terms of pre season and match fitness.

That's one of the most optimistic pre-match predicitions I have seen from you. You expect a loss, but that is par for the course

Then perhaps you do not read as many of my posts as you or I think you do.

Par for the course, except where I predict a win of course.

Henry Winter has just tweeted that he expects ALL London PL games to be postponed this weekend;

henrywinter

I can't see London #PL games going ahead this weekend. Police will still be stretched. Football rightly not high on Met's list of priorities

Without overestimating the comparatively trivial matter of football, it's a real shame that such thuggery and lawlessness can disrupt so many things.

The Premier League and Football League are saddened by the recent incidents of civil unrest and the effect it is having on local communities.

We are in on-going discussions with our London-based clubs, the relevant police forces and statutory authorities, in regard to the staging of the coming weekend's fixtures in the capital.

The Metropolitan Police has conveyed to us the dynamic nature of the current situation and with that in mind all parties will review the situation on Thursday and make a further public statement.

With the information currently available there is no reason to think any matches outside of London will be affected.

We are conscious of the need to keep fans informed of any developments and will, of course, keep them as up-to-date as possible through club, league and media channels.

Further details from the official site. I'll be well pissed off if these thugs ruin Saturday, already planned to meet up with a few mates down there and go to the game. :(