Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

limpid

I think after all the talk AMc has done pre season about him, I would expect Ireland to start.

I would presume

Given

Young Dunne Collins (Clark if not fit) Warnock

Petrov Makoun

Heskey Ireland NZogbia

Bent

I'd agree. I'd much rather Albrighton than Heskey but think this will be our starting eleven.

We'll keep the same team as the Braga game imo, and I think McLeish had this game specifically in mind at the time. Although I have a feeling we'll see N'Zogbia taking on Baird on the right, and Heskey will do sort of a mixed role going forward but also containing Riise who likes to get forward.

I'm not too worried about the midfield battle this game, Petrov and Makoun should be able to keep up with Murphy and I'm guessing his partner will be Etuhu? I'd then fancy Gabby and Bent vs their two centre backs who aren't the quickest. If they play deep it will be a concern though as our central midfielders don't get close enough to the strikers.

Aahhh, it feels good to be reading through the pre match build uo again!

I am concerned that Fulham have already had a couple of competative games, albeit in the Europa League against relatively smaller teams, so I dont think a draw would be a bad result, although obviously hoping for a win - Bent hatrick!

PLs BACK - UTV

They've got a better manager, team and most importantly early on - they've been playing competitive football for weeks now so are much more match fit then us.

Think we'll lose 3-1. A Bent penalty for us. Richard Dunne to make at least one cock up to give away a goal.

--------------Given----------------------

Warnock Dunne Collins Young

Heskey Petrov Delph Makoun Nzogbia

---------------Bent---------------------

Will be the team

Usually, whether we had Fulham,Man U, Chelsea, QPR or Norwich - first game of the season I always reckon a draw, just seems to pan out that way as both teams are lacking fitness etc.

However, it isn't Fulhams first game so I worry about this one, they will be much fitter and sharper.

However, saying that, I'll still go for a 1-1 draw with a certain no.9 salvaging a late point for us.

We'll keep the same team as the Braga game imo, and I think McLeish had this game specifically in mind at the time. Although I have a feeling we'll see N'Zogbia taking on Baird on the right, and Heskey will do sort of a mixed role going forward but also containing Riise who likes to get forward.

I'm not too worried about the midfield battle this game, Petrov and Makoun should be able to keep up with Murphy and I'm guessing his partner will be Etuhu? I'd then fancy Gabby and Bent vs their two centre backs who aren't the quickest. If they play deep it will be a concern though as our central midfielders don't get close enough to the strikers.

Yep, the Braga game was AM setting his stall out.

Honestly have'nt got a clue what midfield we'll be looking at, although I suspect he'll rely heavily on Petrovs experience for now. And I would think Ireland will figure quite large in Ecks plans for some reason.