Match Thread

wedge

Regarding Cuellar: I believe McLeish will be fair enough to give him a chance if he believes he's the best option. Whether he is still here at that stage or not, is a different matter.

Not a bad half but we still not pressuring far enough up field. It like we let them get to the halfway line before we close them down. It's the way we have played all preseason so its probably the team tactics but I just don't like it.

I can't understand why Dunne always gets ahead of Collins.

Fair enough didn't know Collins was injured.

I'd play Hercules in front of Dunne, mind.

While I agree with your Collins better than Dunne statement, tonight both Cuellar and Collins are injured so the large bottomed Irish man is the right CH I suppose

Gabby really has stagnated, or even gone backwards, in his development the past year. He desperately needs to improve (not just based on this game).

Gardner in for Petrov 2nd half

I want to see more of the youngsters were going to have to rely on to do any good this season.

Not for me.

I'd rather take off Heskey or Gabby for him.

Petrov and Makoun are very much in sync and playing well together, with N'Zogbia reading them well too considering it's his first game. Don't want to mess that up.

Gabby really has stagnated, or even gone backwards, in his development the past year. He desperately needs to improve (not just based on this game).

It does feel like he's hit his ceiling in terms of performance. It's like when Vassell all over again.