Match Thread

wedge

We'll see our strongest 11/likely starting line up against Fulham all on the pitch together at some stage I'd imagine.

Given, Young, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Petrov, Bent, NZogbia are nailed on to start against Fulham if fit but there are still a couple of places up for grabs.

The big questions that need to be answered are:

Will NZogbia be fit for Fulhum?

Who will play right wing? - Albrighton, Heskey or Bannan

Will we go 451 or 442? - if it's 451, who goes as the third midfielder? - Ireland, Bannan or Delph.

Personally, I think our strongest side lines up as follows:

Given

Young Collins Dunne Warnock

Makoun Petrov

Heskey Bannan NZogbia

Bent

Albrighton, Delph, Ireland, Delfouneso have yet to show during pre-season that they are worthy of a starting spot. Gabby could push for a place ahead of Heskey, but this would depend on McLeish's favoured formation.

Given

N'Zogbia Makoun Petrov Heskey/Gabby

Gabby/Heskey Bent

our strongest side at this moment probably.

You would prefer to play two strikers on the wing before Albrighton?

:o

Given

Gabby/Heskey Bent

Yeah, I think his form has been dreadful and he's liability with the ball and without the ball at the moment. Unfortunately I think it's going to be a season where we just need plenty of experience and hard work and just hope we scramble enough results.

maybe try Albrighton from the left second half.

Think we should use the system from 07/08 season where we only had one winger. I just don't think Zog is a left winger, more of a right winger to me.

-------------Given---------------

Young--Collins--Clark--Warnock

------Makoun---Ireland---Delph

-Zog

-----------Bent----Gabby------

Ireland in the free role, Gabby use the left channel a lot allowing Delph to tuck in to make it a midfield three and letting Warnock hammer it on the overlap. Obviously the right side will be a lot more rigid as Young won't come forward as much. Basically just let Zog cut in, do whatever he wants with hopefully Ireland getting involved and forward more.

..................Given.....................

Young...Collins...Dunne...Warnock

...........Petrov....Makoun...........

Albrighton...Ireland.......N'Zogbia

...................Bent....................

Dependant on number of changes allowed I'd also like to see

..................Given.....................

Young...Collins...Dunne...Warnock

...........Makoun....Delph..............

Albrighton...Heskey....Delfouneso

..................Gabby....................

Here's how I'd set up for Braga and Fulham

-------------Given---------------

Young--Collins--Dunne--Warnock

------Makoun---Petrov ©---

-Gabby

-Zog

-----------Bent----Heskey------

The substitutions firecrotch makes during the game will be interesting.. if we have his idea of full strength.. who he brings on to change the game/close to starting side.

Given

Gabby/Heskey Bent

id rather have barry chuckle on the wing at the moment that allbrighton. He has been dreadful and has been for some time. He has been found out

id rather have barry chuckle on the wing at the moment that allbrighton. He has been dreadful and has been for some time. He has been found out

Have you seen what he can do, or weren't you paying attention then? He is out of form, but anyone who watched him early last season would know that he can be a weapon. I don't know what your agenda is, but try to come up with something more imaginative than just saying he's been "found out". What the **** does that mean, exactly? I think you read it somewhere about someone once, liked the sound of it, and decided to use it on a Villa player at a future date to make it sound as though you're one of the people who knew all along that there was something to be "found".

Albrighton is a Villa fan, and also one of our best players if he gets his form back. Why anyone would want to write him off is quite beyond me.

Have you seen what he can do, or weren't you paying attention then? He is out of form, but anyone who watched him early last season would know that he can be a weapon. I don't know what your agenda is, but try to come up with something more imaginative than just saying he's been "found out". What the **** does that mean, exactly? I think you read it somewhere about someone once, liked the sound of it, and decided to use it on a Villa player at a future date to make it sound as though you're one of the people who knew all along that there was something to be "found".

Albrighton is a Villa fan, and also one of our best players if he gets his form back. Why anyone would want to write him off is quite beyond me.

So he can live in hope of him **** up just so that he can say 'I told you so lol' :thumb: