Match Thread

wedge

makoun looks fantastic...always driving forward, love his high tempo passing

:lol: you are too funny!!!

seriously, always in space, always wants the ball, always looks forward with his passing, lots of 1st time progressive passing in midfield. watch him

Sorry all i can see is him passing the ball sidewards not moving forwards or supplying strikers, even Clark got the ball to the strikers.

What a load of complete, utter drivel.

Thats a great contribution there!! but actually its just my opinion and i wasnt looking for yours :D

My stream's so bad I didn't even realise we'd scored until I read this thread :)

Sounds like Makoun is still dividing opinions, despite being clearly brilliant. Quick ball is the way to create chances, and Makoun is all about quick ball. Wise up you Makoun-hating dunderheads.

No sign of albrighton?

The only other out and out winger we have in our squad? or is the manager deluded enough to think he can play Heskey on the wing this season?

He has been shocking preseason to be fair. Heskey has perhaps been our best player preseason.

makoun looks fantastic...always driving forward, love his high tempo passing

:lol: you are too funny!!!

seriously, always in space, always wants the ball, always looks forward with his passing, lots of 1st time progressive passing in midfield. watch him

Sorry all i can see is him passing the ball sidewards not moving forwards or supplying strikers, even Clark got the ball to the strikers.

What a load of complete, utter drivel.

Thats a great contribution there!! but actually its just my opinion and i wasnt looking for yours :D

Well it wouldn't have to be a well-constructed response to be a better contribution than yours, would it?

I suggest you look elsewhere if you aren't looking for the opinion of others either because guess what - it's a forum if you hadn't already noticed!

Bahaha, hands down the pants when the cheerleaders were there.

Who? :lol:

I couldn't make out who it was as I had just literally switched it on and it happened quite fast. Just went from the cheerleaders to him and he had the hand in the pants. It looked that way anyway...

Watching the game on some Portuguese stream. During the half time interval, they've shown all manner of football, from Champions league, to pre season friendlies, covering all corners of the globe. Wish British coverage was a bit more like this.

Yep, I think the scoreline is a fair reflection of things - it'll be interesting to see how many substitutions there are - this is our last friendly isn't it, so McLeish will be wanting to take a good look at his preferred line up you'd think.

Yep, I know people will want to see players but I'd just make two personally, around 65 minutes. Heskey/Gabby off for Albrighton and Delph for Petrov.

Hypothesising a little here, so feel free to disagree; Just suppose that Petrov was given the 'Merson' role. I understand what MON tried to do, but I think it was too late in Petrov's career to change from a creative/attacking mid to a defensive one. If anything it needs youth to do that. There is a discussion to be had about who our defensive mids should be, but for the moment just focus on whther Petrov would be a good 'Merson'. Thoughts?

No sign of albrighton?

The only other out and out winger we have in our squad? or is the manager deluded enough to think he can play Heskey on the wing this season?

He has been shocking preseason to be fair. Heskey has perhaps been our best player preseason.

So much for him being the replacement for Downing/Young then.

Nice to see he will be able to come in for a full season and fill their shoes like were lead to think

At least we can get someone like McFadden in on a free....

Hypothesising a little here, so feel free to disagree; Just suppose that Petrov was given the 'Merson' role. I understand what MON tried to do, but I think it was too late in Petrov's career to change from a creative/attacking mid to a defensive one. If anything it needs youth to do that. There is a discussion to be had about who our defensive mids should be, but for the moment just focus on whther Petrov would be a good 'Merson'. Thoughts?
He has nowhere near the creative influence for that. His role as an ACM at Celtic was getting forward and winning the odd free kick whilst arriving late in the box to grab a goal. Not really Merson's game to be honest.

No sign of albrighton?

While I disagree with the second part, he's been "okay" ....agree with the first part. At least having Heskey has a physical presence and defensively is better. Unfortunately, both are pretty ineffective going forward at the moment.

He has nowhere near the engine for that

He doesnt strike me one bit as being an explosive cm that can make forward runs on goal

He does what he's good at, slows the tempo of the game down and passes it sideways