Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

By the way it was Rafa at Inter at the time. The story came up while GG was injured.

Trust uncle Wiggy.

Gardner was scouted by Inter Milan and Real before he was injured. Gardner was injured in December 2009, Rafa Benitez didnt join Inter Milan till June 2010, it was Jose in charge at the time.

I understand the rumours about Rafa being interested when he joined Inter, but the he was originally scouted by Inter and Madrid before he did his cruciate.

I will make a SGC style claim......

Gardner if played would become a permanent fixture in the side. The reasoning being he can pass, and drive the team forward. The one thing he has which the rest of our team lacks, he WANTS the ball. He will therefore be able to dictate the play.

By the way it was Rafa at Inter at the time. The story came up while GG was injured.

Good post.

He doesn't just want the ball, he demands it. How many players have we got with that attitude? Bannan, Herd, Delph, Clark and Albrighton also want the ball. Can you spot a trend here?

Monday night clearly showed that a lot of our older players would rather some one else had the ball (even if it is the opposition), so it's an issue that needs addressing.

I'm glad I got him on my away shirt now, he seems to be pushing hard for his full debut! He should be in a squad and get a few sub appearance over the festive period! More quality then Herd, who is a fryer but not much else!

get him in the side, if we won or at least fought last week then I could say maybe leave him out.

there is a lack of effort in the current side.

throw in the young guns and see how the more experienced players react when they are benched.

I'm glad I got him on my away shirt now, he seems to be pushing hard for his full debut! He should be in a squad and get a few sub appearance over the festive period! More quality then Herd, who is a fryer but not much else!

I've had the pleasure of watching Herd play a fair bit over the last few seasons. Don't forget he's playing in a team that currently ignores the center midfield area. He's also very dangerous in the box which means that his current midfield holding role makes him less effective.

He and Gardner could do an exciting job for Villa if Clark was schooled into the holding position to give them both the freedom to play in my opinion.

I've had the pleasure of watching Herd play a fair bit over the last few seasons. Don't forget he's playing in a team that currently ignores the center midfield area. He's also very dangerous in the box which means that his current midfield holding role makes him less effective.

He and Gardner could do an exciting job for Villa if Clark was schooled into the holding position to give them both the freedom to play in my opinion.

I think the fact that we have no one infront of the CBs highlights how awful Collins is.

when exposed in their rawest forms they cannot cope.

with a solid DM and a creative midfielder bossing the passing, I bet you RD and JC would look like the best defensive pair in europe again.

as the commentator said about Ledley King, the reason he has been kept fit for so long is Scott Parkers dogged defending in the middle of the park and ability to ensure the defence is protected.

he also runs a lot less which is why he doesn't have this 'only play 1 in 3' like he used to.

Get clark in DM or someone who can protect the defence.

this would also allow more movement from the wing backs to push forward and overlap.

If Heskey plays and one of the young guns doesn't i'll be livid.

We can't get this kid in the side quickly enough IMO

I may go to more games if we were playing the likes of Gardner, Johnson, Baker instead of the old guard

Agreed. What a pleasant surprise that would be to see a team made up of players playing in their rightful position with some youngsters blended in?

You've undoubtedly seen more of him than I have, but you also think that Bannan's talentless, so I hope your equally as wrong with Gardner.

:D i think both are not good enough for this great football club, £10 to vt if either become 1st team regulars

Â