Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

16 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I thought Gardner was one of our best players today. 

Did you miss the pass he put straight to a forest player that led to their first goal on the counter attack? I though he offered very little as did Westwood. No control of the pace or tempo of the game which led to slow aimless play in most of the first half. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, deamie said:

Not good enough to be starting games in my opinion, gave ball away that leads to their 1st goal and offered nothing else apart form 2 off target wasted shots on goal! Rightly taken off!

Agree with this - seen nothing to convince me he will make it at 1st team level for villa - had great potential but not been the same since bad injuries - squad player at best . 

18 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Did you miss the pass he put straight to a forest player that led to their first goal on the counter attack? I though he offered very little as did Westwood. No control of the pace or tempo of the game which led to slow aimless play in most of the first half. 

Didn't want to repeat what I wrote in the match thread, but here goes :-)

In that particular situation, I thought the fault for the goal was as much the other player who didn't meet his pass, at least it was both players fault, Westwood was far to easily bullied over and should have taken a free kick/yellow card when the player got passed him. The two central defenders was as much at fault to let their player have a free shot at goal, and one could as well fault Bunn.

Apart from this bad pass just outside their penalty area, I thought he hardly put a foot wrong. He made several key blocks and headers just outside our area, showed good strength and won almost every duel in our half. Looking at his attacking play he contributed more than I have seen him do before, and considering he played such a big part in the defence, I was impressed by the number of forward bursts he made. He had at least two good shots at goal, of which one went very close. One of the bursts resulted in a free kick just outside their area, he also took good positions in their penalty area at many occations.

Appart from this, he did the regular job of making himself available in the middle, making simple passes.

I thought he contributed strongly to us dominating the game. He did, as Westwood gets praise for, make it ticking over, and on top of that, he was solid in defence and at the same time good in attack.

We do see different thing in games, but for me he was one of our best players (stil prefer Tshibola and Jedinak though).

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, avfc1982 said:

Very poor in my opinion. We have too many passengers in this team and they're both in the midfield. We won't be promoted with both Gardner and Westwood in the team. 

......ditto

It is shockingly obvious what is wrong and that in itself is alarmingly worrying.

If these guys who have been  involved in football all their lives cannot see what is wrong.....then i can only assume we are dealing with hidden agenda's

its so ******* obvious its untrue.

I have completely had enough of these hidden comments......This midfield is beyond ****

3 hours ago, avfc1982 said:

Very poor in my opinion. We have too many passengers in this team and they're both in the midfield. We won't be promoted with both Gardner and Westwood in the team. 

Agreed

Gardner not good enough. He gave the ball away twice in the space of a few minutes and the second resulted in a goal.

Â