Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

I hope he does turn out to be the world beater most say he will. We do not have many saleable assets any more and he would certainly be one we could generate some cash for.

Gabby is a saleable asset but as he doesn't want leave we won't be selling him.

It will be the same with Gardner, if he wants to leave he will go, if he wants to stay we won't sell him.

To be honest, I'm bloody annoyed.

I am all for letting the youngsters who have no chance of playing in the side going out on loan to gain confidence (ie: Given that we have Bent, Gabby, Heskey - then I see the logic in sending Weimann or Fonz out to get some gametime)

But sorry, if we have to put a midfield out of Heskey and Hutton, and the fact Ireland has now had his chance and will NEVER make it at the Villa, then quite frankly, I dont care how old he is, Gardner deserves a chance in the side.

As for the "this is getting him ready to play in the new year" where is the evidence, Baker, Lowry, Fonz, Weimann, Lichaj - they've all been sent on loan and where are they in the team.

In fact, if Cieran Clark can't get in ahead of Collins, I'm damn sure McLeish isnt gonna play gardner !!!

Yeah I'm worried that mcLeish will drive the likes of Gardner, Clark, Lichaj, Baker out of the club and he'll just stick with shite like Collins and Warnock and sign inferior players like Hutton

Good move for every one involved, he gets game time, in a period of games in which he wouldnt have featured (for us), IMO.

Villa then get back a player whos got some proper games under his belt.

Coventry get to see one of our bright 'Prospects'. In fact im happy its in Coventry, not far for him to travel and we can get match reports rather easily.

I will bash McLeish for lots of things, but I don’t think he’s not giving the “youth” a chance. I think he doesn’t rate some of them, and he rates others. As far as I know he played Lichaj and now he can’t play him because he’s injured. He’s played Herd, Bannan, Weimann iirc. And I suspect Gardner will get a chance. Yes its a mystery why Clark hasn’t made an appearance, but I don’t think he’s got a thing against youth.

What Barnesy said. He has little choice, anyway. Easing back GG after a serious injury, clearly playing in the ressies or in the U-19s is not the same level as the league or prem. a month in the football league should help his development and fitness and then hopefully he can come in to the Villa squad and side.

Albrighton has made himself easy to ignore, as has Delph recently. Clark however, is still perplexing.

I disagree about ignoring Albrighton because N'zogbia has been far worse and gotten more chances.

Trouble is he then started to show glimpses of form and got dropped.. Hows that going to help the Zogs form?

Sending Gardner onloan is not an issue AT ALL.

His ignoring of Clark and Albrighton however is.

Albrighton has been terrible this season. Don't know why he's ignoring Clark though, especially when we have Collins being his oafish self week in week out.

Sick of this shite about Albrighton being terrible this season. He has been poor, yet it has been in the small amount of time he has had on the pitch. Perhaps if he was given a run in the team we would start to see his good form of last season. AMC won't do that though as he hasn't got a bloody clue.

Not giving Gardner a chance or Clark is also very odd. I mean, Collins over Clark? Really?!

I will bash McLeish for lots of things, but I don’t think he’s not giving the “youth” a chance. I think he doesn’t rate some of them, and he rates others. As far as I know he played Lichaj and now he can’t play him because he’s injured. He’s played Herd, Bannan, Weimann iirc. And I suspect Gardner will get a chance. Yes its a mystery why Clark hasn’t made an appearance, but I don’t think he’s got a thing against youth.

Didn't Clark start against Man City? Hell of a game to throw him into and then not play him again.

I really hope Clark comes in on Sunday for Collins or at least he plays Carlos there in his proper position.

If Collins was dropped, it would have to be Cueller that came in the team for me as Clark is just to poor in the air.

As for Gardner, loan spell will do him good, also if one of the midfield players was injured Herd, Petrov or Jenas, I would like to see Delph given another go in the team, but not in the holding role he was asked to play before. Ask Gardner to play the same role you wouldn't see the best of him.

From next season on I expect him to be wearing the number 4 shirt and is a regular in our side.

not a chance in hell

SGC, I suspect that a lot of your comments are tongue in cheek but I'm surprised that you think so little of GG. I've watched him a fair number of times over the past three seasons and I'd expect him to do very well in the Premiership.

Here's what happens. When SGC watches a player, he makes his mind up within the first 5 seconds of seeing that player.

If SGC ever swatches you play football, just do some fancy skill and have a shot the first time you get the ball and he'll rate you as a legend for the rest of his life.

In all probability, GG probably lost the ball with his first touch, and that was it for SGC. GG could have scored 57 goals in the next 10 minutes but SGC won't budge from that first opinion.

Â