Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

Well played to the lad - probably already beaten the amount Cleverley will score for us all season!

Probably. But he's also probably already given the ball away more times than Cleverley will this season.

Still, scoring two games in a row will probably make the Brighton fans start to say how he's actually been quietly excellent all along. A bit like Lambert winning two games in a row, if that ever happens again :(

Can't deny that it's a positive that he's scoring a couple however, he has an awful long way to go to even look like he has potential at this level.

I agree with that. I am happy for the lad that he has a couple of goals to his name, and hopefully he can build on this and offer the complete all round game to matches in the Championship. If it were down to me I would be tempted to leave him at Brighton on loan for the whole season, make sure he has a proper run of games to build his confidence levels rather than coming back here to sit on the bench or play for the U21's. Then I would review his position in the team during the summer.

Can't deny that it's a positive that he's scoring a couple however, he has an awful long way to go to even look like he has potential at this level.

So you have been watching Gary week to week at Brighton, how is he doing?

Just been reading an article where he's just delighted to be playing constantly, and between the lines you can sense the total fustration he has for a manager , who on the evidence up to now has no faith in him whatsoever .

I mean , what was the point of giving him a contract .

If the manager had no faith in him whatsoever he wouldn't have been given a new contract.  He had a manager who, on the evidence of his performances in matches (and presumably in training) determined he was not at a high enough level to be featuring for the first team.  On evidence I've seen of his first team performances over the years I can't disagree with that.    I would be delighted if his loan spell allows him raise his game to where he can challenge for a first team place, but I don't see how anyone can hold Lambert responsible for him not being there yet.

• Like 1

When as Gardener under Lambert had a run of games ? Same goes for Okore , Grealish , and to an extent Nzogbia .

So presuamably ,you say , Lambert over the four years he's been there , observing Gardener he's come to the conclusion that his performances are not of the level to warrant a first team place , or for that matter a place on the bench , save for the odd occasion . And yet , decides to reward him with a new contract . Go figure .

What this manager needs to do is grow a pair .

Just been reading an article where he's just delighted to be playing constantly, and between the lines you can sense the total fustration he has for a manager , who on the evidence up to now has no faith in him whatsoever .

I mean , what was the point of giving him a contract .

Yeah, let's chuck a guy into action who has done his knee twice, has struggled with all manner of injuries since, and has only a handful of appearances in top flight football into the rigours of a PL battle.

Reading between the lines, you clearly have an agenda, so will come to any conclusion to critisice the management.

You say Lambert has no faith but then why would he give him a new contract, why would he have included him in match day squads as soon as he recovered from his cruciate?

I would say he was very lucky to even be given a contract at this club, I thought of it as a good will gesture to keep him in the game and get him game time elsewhere instead of chucking him into the wilderness to fight for short term contracts and pay as you pay deals with his injury record and startling lack of appearances under his belt, given his age.

I imagine Gardner is very thankful and grateful tbfh, frustration at the management?

Laughable.

...and btw Gardner has two in two but hasn't exactly been ripping up the bottom of the championship.

The best thing for him is to get game time there, hopefully he can get 30+ appearances under his belt.

Edited by rodders0223

When as Gardener under Lambert had a run of games ? Same goes for Okore , Grealish , and to an extent Nzogbia .

So presuamably ,you say , Lambert over the four years he's been there , observing Gardener he's come to the conclusion that his performances are not of the level to warrant a first team place , or for that matter a place on the bench , save for the odd occasion . And yet , decides to reward him with a new contract . Go figure .

1. Lambert has been here for two years, not four.

2. Gardner, Okore and N'Zogbia have missed at least a year each with serious injury, Grealish rightfully was out on loan for 1 year for experience,

3. The manager needs to grow a pair, yeah let's field 2 players with cruciate injuries and one with a ruptured achilles.

• Like 2

1. Lambert has been here for two years, not four.

2. Gardner, Okore and N'Zogbia have missed at least a year each with serious injury, Grealish rightfully was out on loan for 1 year for experience,

3. The manager needs to grow a pair, yeah let's field 2 players with cruciate injuries and one with a ruptured achilles.

So N'zogbia has been playing with a ruptured achilles ? Or did I miss the past tense ? My apologies , obviously Lambert can't put out injured players , but I thought the injuries had cleared up .

Sorry about the four years mistake , but tbh the two years of utter despair have made it seem like a **** lifetime .

That's me done now , anything else would be superfluous .

Â