Gary Gardner

ChrisNichollsToe

He should have gone on loan last season and he needs to go on loan this season. Needs to play week-in-week-out or he'll never develop.

He did go on loan to Sheff Wed.

For 3 months. And didn't impress. He needs a full season playing

He said himself that he played too many games in quick succession and injured himself again. After the amount of time out you tend to get niggles. He needs to be in and around the 1st this season he isn't a kid anymore and needs to step up. I'd play him ahead of KEA in a 3 to start.

• 2 weeks later...

So where was GG yesterday

Couldn't even make the bench is he injured again?

Thought he performed as well as most given limited opportunities loan maybe ?

????????

He's had more pitch time than Grealish, who has already shown more promise IMO

Hope he is given a chance this year. We gave him a new deal so lets see if he is good enough for this level.

Yes hopefully. I imagine he's only going to get his opportunity if there are a couple of injuries or a cup game or maybe a substitute appearance so he needs to take advantage of any chance he gets to impress.

He might start against Orient, you never know. He'll get his chance this season you'd think if he stays injury free. I'd like to see him used like Grealish was yesterday, last 20 mins or so. Could give Delph a breather at the end of games.

Yes agree good move for him hopefully he can get his fitness and confidence up and come back a different player similar to Albrighton last year.

Def are short though especially if we lose KEA as well? Maybe there is a call back if we get injuries or maybe someone else is coming in?

Â