Photography?

trimandson

The exhibition I shot has it's launch night tomorrow.. I have to speak about it, answer questions etc etc.. come support me if you can. I shot the images, didn't write the flyer at all... or even get invited to put the images up.. grrr... but they're my photographs all the same.

9918_134380938340_731768340_2624991_6061877_n.jpg

i put my last lot of point and shoot on facebook .. didn't get time to airbrush them

point and click

Was quite pleased with some of them ..others less so ..the kid with the birdcage i could have made a whole album of .. the bird just wouldn't fly out he was shaking it , turning it upside down ,poking the bird and so on :-)

unwanted shadow is still my enemy .. guess i really need to learn the finer arts

my manky rabbit shot in Ha Long bay im happy with though :-)

manky

Ah, OK. I should have known that - I've seen enough pictures of the Auschwitz gates. But I didn't realise they had that slogan on other camps. And they say Germans have no sense of humour....

(apologies to those that really do know how to take a photo for sullying this thread with such amateurism :winkold: )

You do yourself a disservice, some of those shots are great, if thery wee mine I'd be quite proud of them :nod:

(apologies to those that really do know how to take a photo for sullying this thread with such amateurism :winkold: )

You do yourself a disservice, some of those shots are great, if thery wee mine I'd be quite proud of them :nod:

Hehe - I wasn't fishing for compliments but I'll take them :winkold:

I'm of the school of thinking whereby the more photos you take, the greater the chance that one or two will turn out OK. And it helps that I've been lucky enough to be in places where interesting things are - fish in a barrell some of those shots.

I'm of the school of thinking whereby the more photos you take, the greater the chance that one or two will turn out OK

This ...

trouble is I'm also quite lazy with culling the bad ones and i have a PC full of photo's

Do you find though that the ones you think are going to be really bad often turn out to be your best shot ??

I'm of the school of thinking whereby the more photos you take, the greater the chance that one or two will turn out OK

This ...

trouble is I'm also quite lazy with culling the bad ones and i have a PC full of photo's

Do you find though that the ones you think are going to be really bad often turn out to be your best shot ??

Every time - they look good through the screen but once on the computer they're awful and then, very occasionally, I get one on the laptop that turns out much better than expected. I have one from safari somewhere which I though was just a long-shot of a hippo yawning, then I got it home and realised that there were a family of lions in the background and a few crocs in the foreground. Not that it's a "good" photo but I've definitely had a few average shots turn out to be better than expected.

Also have to agree on culling the duff shots. I took 2,800 photos on a recent 1 week trip to Israel. Not only have I not deleted the poorer shots, I didn't even weed them out when sending to the printers so I now have them all to go through to decide what to keep and what to bin.

Not sure how others will like these (or not as the case may be) but some from the recent Blackpool Airshow

More than you get at the sty...

dsc5484e.jpg

Simply stunning to see again

dsc5666.jpg

'Concorde'

dsc5771.jpg

... bet you can't time this one again Dad....

dsc5805g.jpg

and it was a single take not one of those 'sporty' multi shot things. And yes I know I need more powerful zoom!!!

and finally....

Best of British

dsc5844w.jpg

and a random pic I took the day after that I like

dsc5958s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

anybody got an idea on a good entry level dslr? Im doing a bit of searching on the internet but just thought i would ask around here as well. I used to have a canon 350d but had to sell it for various reasons. hence im looking at getting another

anybody got an idea on a good entry level dslr? Im doing a bit of searching on the internet but just thought i would ask around here as well. I used to have a canon 350d but had to sell it for various reasons. hence im looking at getting another

I recommend a Nikon D40, i have one and i think its brilliant for an entry level DSLR.

They are pretty cheap for a DSLR but still quite a bit of dosh.

Anyways, can anyone tell me where to get an old Canon SLR?

I dislike ebay immensely so i'm a bit stuck as you could imagine.

• 2 weeks later...

Bickster, I really like the pictures you posted two pages back.

I have a question about selling pictures

I feel I've come along way since I got the d60 back in april, but I'm still a newbie at this. I've taken alot of long exposure shots of landscapes/coastline with the sun setting in the area where I live. I was contacted by a local marketing bureau yesterday and they wanted to buy some of my pics. I'm wondering what I should charge for it? I think they want to use them for a calendar at first, but they want to have free use of the pictures they buy, although I still retain the right to use them as I please, as I understood it. The pictures are timeless, and I think they will be just as usable many years from now. It's a small bureau though, and they operate mostly locally. I've only taken pictures for half a year so this is obviously something I'm very pleased about and I'm just glad someone is enjoying them and I want to get them out there and not scare away people with crazy prices.

I sold 4 copies pictures in 45x30cm to a colleague for 600kr (about £50) in total (my cost were 250). I think that's very cheap, but I was just glad she wanted them.

Click links for examples:

1 2 3 4 5 6

How much should I charge?

Â