Photography?

trimandson

Nor did i acquire access to this part of the establishment through illegal entry..

bangourhospital092.jpg

this guy wasn't there (fortunately), but i'd be interested in your opinions on the portrait.

I've not finished the edit yet, but it won't look vastly different from this, just some judicial work on selected areas with the curves function.

mg9527.jpg

I'd be tempted to bring out the cleaver somehow, lighten it slightly maybe as the lighting leads the eye away from it, its like the cleaver needs to be a secondary focus point but it isn't as the eye looks straight at the face

The cleaver originally was sharp, i chose to put a lens blur in that reduced its immediate impact (deliberately, and the vignette for the same reason).

The effect you are talking about was what i was wanting when i went to take the shot, but conditions and lens availability stopped me from getting it. (even on the 10-20mm Sigma at 10mm end) Something of the fish eye ilk would've been more preferable, and then two inches from his nose. Also, i would've prefered to drop the lighting of the background during shooting, but it proved impossible without the main flash intruding on it too much (as it is already starting to do), and no chance for a tripod.

Cheers for the comments though Bicks.

Any idea what colour temperature a butchers walk-in freezer lights would be :D

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! Weird place for bees though eh. Still liking the insect world i see ;)

Cheers for that link Cat, that's exactly the sort of thing i was looking for. Went back to the place above again today and got a few more pics, so i'll post them when i get a chance.

A very strange sound coming from an air vent in one building, bit creepy. Almost like an intermittent brushing sound of a stiff brush on concrete! (building was fully boarded up)

Really tempted to get into this but I am having to say no to myself. Iv got enough hobbies as it is and the gear is very expensive.

you should give it a go! you can get cheaper cameras off ebay like the canon 350 or the 400D they take great pictures but just dont have all of the fancy gismo's that you probably wouldnt use anyway!

Â